I successfully converted 3 on my friends...

old reece frost

Today me and my friends were talking at school, and we got onto the topic of the Xbox One. I laughed and said it's bad and told them why...

We ended the conversation with them giving me their budget for the PC I am going to build them after Christmas. 

Today was a good day.

If anyone's interested, here are the parts, their budget was £500

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/2M3QE9NKPBWOX

CPU:  AMD FX-6300 3.5GHz 6-Core Processor  (£83.99 @ Aria PC) 

Motherboard:  Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory:  Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£67.69 @ Amazon UK) 

Video Card:  MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card  (£147.71 @ Amazon UK) 

Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£65.99 @ Aria PC) 

Total: £529.05

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-28 16:26 GMT+0000)

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

Nice.

r/pcmasterrace!

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

Motherboard:  Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard  (£49.99 @ Amazon UK) 
Memory:  Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£67.69 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card:  MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB Video Card  (£147.71 @ Amazon UK) 
Operating System:  Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit)  (£65.99 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £529.05
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-28 16:26 GMT+0000)

Don't need windows, got a 'spare' copy if you know what I mean ;)

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Graphics+Cards/AMD+Radeon/Radeon+HD+7870+Tahiti+LE/XFX+DD+Radeon+HD+7870+GHz+Edition+%28Tahiti+LE%29+2GB+GDDR5+Graphics+Card+%5BFX-787A-CNAC%5D+%2B+2+FREE+GAMES%21+?productId=55140

get this gpu instead, its a lot more powerful and its cheaper, it just makes sense to get it instead.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Video Card:  XFX Radeon HD 7950 3GB Video Card  (£167.99 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £483.34
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-28 16:33 GMT+0000)

or

Video Card:  XFX Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card  (£203.70 @ Aria PC) 
Total: £519.05
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-11-28 16:34 GMT+0000)

My Build Log on PCPartPicker FX-6300, ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3, MSI 7870 GHz Edition, Corsair Vengeance LP 1x8GB, 1TB WD Blue, Fractal Core 1000 USB 3.0, Corsair CX600, and my most recent addition that I've had forever and isnt new is a 80GB WD800 for Linux, Lenovo ThinkPad X131e, ASUS Transformer TF300T, Galaxy Note 3 Sister dropped it in a puddle I now have to use a Samsung Brightside, Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250ohm version, Blue Yeti  #TheRealKEH-JEFF | "Sometimes, if were lucky, in Australia, a family has 2 kangaroos to pick up the kids with" - marto | Your entry here | Remember kids; just because Linus has a video on it, doesn't mean that its the best choice | ts3.wferr.com the best TeamSpeak Abide by the CoC | Looking for build help? Read this before posting |

+1 for saming human lives OP :)

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

That's what i call Full Demo;

Then without OS, you could get a better GPU :D : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-video-card-fx797atdfc

I just put that in my build

Nice.

r/pcmasterrace!

reddit and that subreddit is literally testicular cancer, it pains me to see what other garbage they spew everyday.

makes everyone here who is on PC look like arrogant fucking assholes.

probably the reason we have this stigma of always feeling like we are the best to console players.

After Christmas? That's a while from now. Plan later. Parts and prices change frequently and any list you compose now will be outdated by the time you buy.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

reddit and that subreddit is literally testicular cancer, it pains me to see what other garbage they spew everyday.

probably the reason we have this stigma of always feeling like we are the best to console players.

We really aren't. The only plus to PC is better graphics and mods. This kid at school gave an excellent comparison - "playing a game for the graphics is like watching x for the story"

Some of the posts are just plain dumb, but there are some good posts.

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

@OP

I approve of this and your picture, both are awesome things

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

We really aren't. The only plus to PC is better graphics and mods. This kid at school gave an excellent comparison - "playing a game for the graphics is like watching x for the story"

it's not just that, there is free online, DRM that creates steam sales, and also upgradability, something consoles are lacking.

Some of the posts are just plain dumb, but there are some good posts.

never see a decent post that started off with an arrogant title, so

I would never recommend a PC for the same price as a console. At the very least not for anything other than just web browsing, and even then I would be hesitant. Consoles are constant throughout their lifetime, so any game that will be released for said consoles will always work well on the system. For most, that care-free gaming is more important than better graphics.

Also, the "pcmasterrace" mentality needs to die. What makes a PC better certainly has nothing to do with the people who game on them (except game modders), what makes it better is the shear power and flexibility.

it's not just that, there is free online, DRM that creates steam sales, and also upgradability, something consoles are lacking.

never see a decent post that started off with an arrogant title, so

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/1rmtwg/rpcmasterrace_right_now/

It's a joke. There are many posts like this that don't involve "Peasants" at all.