Razer introduces their first audiophile headset

gunsman

would i spend 300 bucks on headphones by established brands who have been in the business for decades ... or do i spend it on a company who caters to "gamers"... let me ponder for a bit.

i am going to wait and see how good they sound before i judge.

you know dont judge a book by its cover and all.... 

ill be waiting until MKBHD or Linus reviews this. 

The reason they are being judged is that they are calling it "audiophile" without proving themselves first. It is not a marketing buzzword, it has to be earned. Razer should exercise some humility if they really believe in their product, because they more than anyone should know how terrible their past offerings have been.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Only 40mm drivers? O.o

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

We've got a pair. Unboxing/review forthcoming.

Cool! Also Linus I know you already have a video on Steelseries' YT channel about the SS Rival but are you going  to be doing a more in depth review on your channel?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

this product deserves an unboxing, 

Razer does such a good job with their packaging. and this is a new product category for them. first impressions are very important.

Cool, I'm still going to pick up a pair of ATH-AD900x's though.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

there is no fucking way this will be good, it'll cost around $500 and will be made out of cheap and shitty plastic. razer is overpriced peace of shit  seriously. my brother bought 4 different headsets that were all razer. all broke after a few months not to mention the sound quality was terrible with all of them. i know this is a audiophile headset but still. its razer

Tell your brother to look after things he buys, then. If you're going to treat every kit of gear like an idiot, it will break. I've had mine for many months now and have not single scratch on it yet.

Case: Lian Li O11-dynamic mini | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: AMD Radeon RX6800 | Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550 E-Gaming | Memory: 32Gb 3600Mhz G. SKILL Trident Z | PSU: Corsair SF750 Platinum | Cooling: Lian Li Galahad AIO 240 | Case fans: Lian Li Unifans

Based on my previous experience with razer audio products I highly doubt these will have good sound...

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

"Razr" and "Audiophile" don't belong together in the same sentence. It's kinda like me saying "healthy" followed by "Mcdonalds"

Priced at the same point as the V-Moda M-100s I'm wearing? I haven't heard anything made by Razer even get anywhere NEAR these, so it's only natural to be highly sceptical. Predicting overpronounced, loose bass <-<

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I will stick with my Astro A50's thanks :)

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Since everyone is comparing their headphones, might as well just be prejudice as well!

No way they can match my Denon AH-D7000.

As for my "real" opinion.

I actually hope it gets bashed and has underwhelming performance, so Razer will learn to this shit right. If it turns out to be good... well guess its ok then, no complaints here.

Command Center:

Case: Corsair 900D; PSU: Corsair AX1200i; Mobo: ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition; CPU: i7-3970x; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i; GPU: 2x ASUS DCII GTX780Ti OC; RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (8x8) 2133MHz CL9; Speaker: Logitech Z2300; HDD 1: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB; HDD 2: 2x Samsung 540 EVO 500GB (Raid 0); HDD 3: 2x Seagate Barracuda 3TB (Raid 0); Monitor 1: LG 42" LED TV; Monitor 2: BenQ XL2420TE; Headphones 1: Denon AH-D7000Headphones 2Audio-Technica AD1000PRMHeadphones 3Sennheiser Momentum Over-EarHeadsetSteelseries Siberia Elite; Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RBG; Mouse: Steelseries Rival 300; Other: Macbook Pro 15 Retina (Mid-2014), PlayStation 4, Nexus 7 32GB (2014), iPhone 6 64GB, Samsung Galaxy S6 64GB

Fantastic compare these to the M50 you got or any audiophile headphones you have in that price range.

I'll give them the benefit of a doubt. Gonna wait for proper tests before making my mind up about these.

Since everyone is comparing their headphones, might as well just be prejudice as well!

No way they can match my Denon AH-D7000.

As for my "real" opinion.

I actually hope it gets bashed and has underwhelming performance, so Razer will learn to this shit right. If it turns out to be good... well guess its ok then, no complaints here.

Wait.... you're hoping it turns out to be shit so they get bashed and stop making shit products???

wouldn't it make more sense to hope they've already been paying attention and these turn out to be comparable to other headphones in the price range. 

Rig 1 CPU: 3570K Motherboard: V Gene GPU: Power Color r9 280x at 1.35GHZ  RAM: 16 GB 1600mhz PSU: Cougar CMX 700W Storage: 1x Plexor M5S 256GB 1x 1TB HDD 1x 3TB GREEN HDD Case: Coolermaster HAFXB Cooling: Intel Watercooler
"My day so far, I've fixed 4 computers and caught a dog. Australian Tech Industry is weird."

"It's bent so far to the right, It's a hook."

These look nice but 40mm drivers? thought everyone went crazy for 50mm and leather ear cups. :\

An unboxing already...

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

Looks pretty nice and it is great that they used a new color scheme instead of green and black. :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Good try Razer, but you'll always just be the brand that kids think are awesome quality super uber headphones..

Have you ever tried a Razer headset? Because I personally have and Razer Kraken's with their 7.1 software is actually pretty good.

| NZXT Phantom | i5-2500k @4Ghz | H60 | EVGA GTX 680 Sig2 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance | 

The sad thing is it'll probably still sell cause it's "Razer"

Bert-Facepalm.jpg

I just wrote them a few nice words on my personal facebook page. This is a joke. There are a WIDE variety of mid-high level headphones for a similar price if not cheaper. I can guarantee this will be a giant flop.

I just wrote them a few nice words on my personal facebook page. This is a joke. There are a WIDE variety of mid-high level headphones for a similar price if not cheaper. I can guarantee this will be a giant flop.

Well steelseries did the same thing with Siberia Elites. Everyone selling headphones in the hundreds of dollars range and not worth over $50. Looks like they're putting more effort into the looks of products these days rather than performance. It's just disappointing that's all.