Slim, well built, ten-key-less, low key travel keyboard for work and gaming?

Skeeter

I work all day using a Dell XPS15 laptop, mainly using the laptops own keyboard. Its decent, but obviously has low profile, low travel keys.

At home I have a CM Storm Novatouch TKL Topre mechanical keyboard. I love the solid feel, and the small TKL design. However, I just can't get on with it for work (I work from home some times). The key travel is just too long and they keys are too tall and I find myself constantly making mistakes. I'm too used to the XPS15s keys that I just can't get on with the TKL. I've had it well over a year and its frustrating me. I write quite a lot of code so mistakes are a real PITA.

What is a good desktop ten keyless keyboard that is solid and well built, good for gaming and work, but has lower travel keys? I'm not tied to mechanical so may go back to membrane, I just want to be able to touch type without making constant mistakes, which I just can't do on the TKL currently.

The apple keyboard is not a ten keyless but compact and is like a laptop keyboard. This is why I use it. You can get a Bluetooth apple keyboard that is smaller and has the same laptop style keys.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

The apple keyboard is not a ten keyless but compact and is like a laptop keyboard. This is why I use it. You can get a Bluetooth apple keyboard that is smaller and has the same laptop style keys.

If i was to go that route I'd probably get a Surface keyboard as its a similar design but less white. The only problem is the numberpad. I have a massive mouse mat that currently buts right up to the edge of my TKL so I don't have space to put a fullsize board back in. The reason I got the TKL was to better align my mouse and keyboard and thats one thing that has worked great about it.

cherry ml-based keyboards sound up your alley

idk

4 hours ago, Skeeter said:

If i was to go that route I'd probably get a Surface keyboard as its a similar design but less white. The only problem is the numberpad. I have a massive mouse mat that currently buts right up to the edge of my TKL so I don't have space to put a fullsize board back in. The reason I got the TKL was to better align my mouse and keyboard and thats one thing that has worked great about it.

What about 60% keyboards? 

Core i7 7700k Kabylake stock + Kraken x52 | ASUS Z170-A | 8GB DDR4 2133MHz HyperX | ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 STRIX 6GB | 250GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO + 2TB HDD WD RE4 | Seasonic X-Series 650w | Corsair 460x RGB  | Win 10 Pro 64 bit | Corsair M65 PRO RGB Mouse | Corsair K70 RGB RapidFire