Apple hatred, Why is it, Honestly?

No, it doesn't matter. All of them are portable as they are all laptops. The only other factor is what you like to tote around with you. A personal choice doesn't make it so that the type of device changes or that its abilities suddenly change. The only thing that changes is the end users preference. Some people would have no problem toting the bottom one around with them. You can't seem to get over the fact that your own personal preference isn't the be all or end all and that there are others out there who disagree with you.

With that stupid argument you could also argue, that those dual/quad core cpus or gpus are worthless shit, when a single core chip from anno 2001 would suffice for THEIR usage scenario.

You said, that Macs are much more expensive and compared two TOTALLY DIFFERENT notebooks.

I can tell you, that Apple doesn't offer anything comparable to the MSI notebook, but you are ignoring my question to show me a COMPARABLE laptop (not just any laptop) which is actually cheaper than the Macbook.

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

With that stupid argument you could also argue, that those dual/quad core cpus or gpus are worthless shit, when a single core chip from anno 2001 would suffice for THEIR usage scenario.

You said, that Macs are much more expensive and compared two TOTALLY DIFFERENT notebooks.

I can tell you, that Apple doesn't offer anything comparable to the MSI notebook, but you are ignoring my question to show me a COMPARABLE laptop (not just any laptop) which is actually cheaper than the Macbook.

He has shown you comparable, you can't seem to get passed the fact that his idea of comparable and yours are different.  It works for him not for you. why can't you accept that personal preference and suitability is different for everybody.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

He has shown you comparable, you can't seem to get passed the fact that his idea of comparable and yours are different.  It works for him not for you. why can't you accept that personal preference and suitability is different for everybody.

If by 'comparable' you mean he has shown us a laptop from Apple and on from MSI, then let it be.

let's make another comparison for him (why not?)

MSI GT Series GT70

• Intel Core i7 4930MX(3.00GHz)
  • 32 GB Memory 1TB HDD 384GB SSD
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M
  • 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8
  • Blu-Ray Burner
  • $3,699.99

Apple MacBook Air

• Intel Core i5 1.30GHz
  • 4GB Memory 256GB SSD
  • Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 1366 x 768
  • Mac OS X v10.8 Mountain Lion
  • $1,199.00

Ohoho ... the Macbook is so f*cking cheap. It is only one third of the MSI laptop.

If by 'comparable' you mean he has shown us a laptop from Apple and on from MSI, then let it be.

MSI GT Series GT70

• 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8
  • Blu-Ray Burner
  • $3,699.99

Apple MacBook Air

• Intel Core i5 1.30GHz
  • 4GB Memory 256GB SSD
  • Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 1366 x 768
  • $1,199.00

Ohoho ... the Macbook is so f*cking cheap. It is only one third of the MSI laptop.

This Macbook is super underpowered compared to this MSI. They aren't even close as far as power or specs are concerned. They are worlds apart. This MSI sports a 4 GB GPU (I guess you glossed over that in your zealous attempt to mock me), much faster CPU, 8 times the RAM, more than 4 times the storage space, higher resolution etc.

My argument was that I could find a laptop that was comparable (or better) spec wise to a MBP as far as what I would want in a machine spec wise. And I did that. Both are using a next-gen processor (dual-core i5 for MBP, quad-core i7 for the MSI), both have similar amounts of RAM and storage capacity, both are similar in weight and thickness etc (similar meaning there isn't a huge difference in thickness (inches, not 0.17 inches, weight a few pounds, not 5-10 pounds etc). The only trade off is no Retina Display or PCI SSD and the new intel GPU. The MSI I listed is better in raw performance vs the MBP for the same cost. (slightly cheaper by $50 even).

What you want is for me to find an exact replica of the MBP and compare it with its twin and say "Oh look at this wonderful Apple product that doesn't suit my needs. I'm going to buy it!".  In the real world that doesn't happen. Otherwise I would be comparing the same MBP. That was never my argument. I fulfilled what I said I would do and because I did so in a manner that you don't like, you are going to throw a hissy fit?

And since you don't like my argument you have to attempt to troll your way to the high ground? lol ok.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

MSI GT Series GT70

• 1920 x 1080
  • Windows 8
  • Blu-Ray Burner
  • $3,699.99

Apple MacBook Air

• Intel Core i5 1.30GHz
  • 4GB Memory 256GB SSD
  • Intel HD Graphics 5000
  • 1366 x 768
  • $1,199.00

You can't be that dense?  he compared to laptops that would serve his need as best they can, you have chosen the cheapest without regard for it suitability to a task and the most expensive without regard for it's intended purpose.  Again I ask  why can't you accept that personal preference and suitability is different for everybody?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

My argument was that I could find a laptop that was comparable spec wise to a MBP as far as what I would want in a machine spec wise. And I did that. Both are using a next-gen processors (dual-core i5 for MBP, quad-core i7 for the MSI), both have similar amounts of RAM and storage capacity, both are similar in weight and thickness etc (similar meaning there isn't a huge difference in thickness (inches, not 0.17 inches, weight a few pounds, not 5-10 pounds etc). The only trade off is no Retina Display or PCI SSD and the new intel GPU. The MSI I listed is better in raw performance vs the MBP for the same cost. (slightly cheaper by $50 even).

You know yourself, that this is just a blatant lie.

No they aren't 2.13 times isn't 'similiar

Apple is overpriced compared to buying a prebuilt PC or building your own. How can you think otherwise? A comparable Apple system, to say a $1200 laptop cost almost double the price in most cases for the same specs. It isn't subjective at all. Price is price. System specs are system specs. If two machines have similar specs but one cost near double that of the other than the latter is overpriced. Nothing subjective about it.

You know yourself, that this is just a blatant lie.

No they aren't 2.13 times isn't 'similiar

I wasn't lieing. I've made two arguments. That you can source comparable Apple products for less (around 1/2 the price, which I admit was a bit of an exaggeration on my part) and that there are laptops out there that perform better than an Apple at the same price. You should probably reread all of my comments. The MSI is only 0.1x (.15 or .17) inches thicker. That is marginal at best. And again, of course it weights more. The laptop as a whole is much larger. You cannot expect a 17 inch laptop to weigh the same as a 13 inch.

As to the bottom quotation that was a general argument before I revised my position and started giving examples of systems that are similar in price but different in specs. You grabbed that post from what? Page 14? I've made quite a few posts since then.

I'm going to go eat. I'll be back later. Feel free to reply in the interim.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Apple's marketing targets:

caracteristicas-hipster-chiste.jpg

And then turns them into starbucks drinking, mumford & sons listening, Valencia camera filter using, communists. Thats what I hear anyway. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Apple's marketing targets:

caracteristicas-hipster-chiste.jpg

And then turns them into starbucks drinking, mumford & sons listening, Valencia camera filter using, communists. Thats what I hear anyway. 

That image looks like an older, histper Butthead minus the braces and flared nostrils and with less hair.

PSU

That image looks like an older, histper Butthead minus the braces and flared nostrils and with less hair.

Yes, but hes not a hipster. Notice the tag vic. Short for "victim". Apples marketing turns the "vic"  into the description I gave earlier. This guy in his untransformed version is pre-hipster... just some guy that hasnt showered, and majors in philosophy or rhetoric.

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Yes, but hes not a hipster. Notice the tag vic. Short for "victim". Apples marketing turns the "vic"  into the description I gave earlier. This guy in his untransformed version is pre-hipster... just some guy that hasnt showered, and majors in philosophy or rhetoric.

Are hipsters not victims of their own skewed perspective?

PSU

Are hipsters not victims of their own skewed perspective?

Yes, but they dont know who they truly are until they bring home their first Apple aluminum unibody product. Only then, do they publicly don their SLR cameras and berets while sipping mocha chinos at their favorite vegan restaurant or study hall. Before that, they can be found in cupboards, or dark attics.  

All kidding aside, I have nothing against them, and I occasionally indulge in everything I just made fun of them of doing...except the apple products. And the communist part. And I dont use camera filters or have nerd glasses. 

I have a gaming PC (windows), an android phone (HTC One) a macbook pro and iPad Mini Retina

I can tell you now that the iPad absolutely crushes every other tablet made. Put it simply, they are crap. I had a Nexus 7 2013 for a brief period and the internet browsing is really shit. The iPad easily beats it. The iPad is easier to use and has better apps by a large amount. The touch screen responsiveness and keyboard is also better. The macbook pro is also really good for internet browsing and word processing and the likes.

Moral of the story is: "It just works"

That is why people buy Apple products. Its because it just works the way you want, no tinkering needed here and there. No installing custom software etc. No having to go through so many options.

It just works.

Edit: I do t understand where all this Android marketshare dominating Apple comes from.

Everywhere I go I see an iPhone or an iPad. Any android devices are pretty much non existent in my city...

I have not seen a single person with a S4 or a HTC One for many months now!

Moral of the story is: "It just works"

But that isn't the case. Apple products have problems just like any other product. They suffer from hardware failure, from software glitches, from freezing and crashing, from virus infections and user error. They are not immune by any stretch of the word to the common issues that plague computers.

If anything the moral of the story is, people will buy what they want because they believe product x  vs x/y/x will best suit their needs. And that is what it boils down to.

PSU

But that isn't the case. Apple products have problems just like any other product. They suffer from hardware failure, from software glitches, from freezing and crashing, from virus infections and user error. They are not immune by any stretch of the word to the common issues that plague computers.

If anything the moral of the story is, people will buy what they want because they believe product x  vs x/y/x will best suit their needs. And that is what it boils down to.

Hardware failure? All my family and friends have iPhones, not a single device has needed repairing or replacing. Freezing and crashing does not exist on iOS. I have never ever had a random reboot or the likes with my iPhone 5 that I used to have. Virusinfections dont come on iOS. They do on mac osx but its a minuscule amount compared to windows.

Yes they're not immune 100% but are far more reliable than other manufacturers

Also the customer service is excellent. Friend of mine cracked his iPhone screen and Apple replace it for him for free, even though its not part of the warranty

Hardware failure? All my family and friends have iPhones, not a single device has needed repairing or replacing. Freezing and crashing does not exist on iOS. I have never ever had a random reboot or the likes with my iPhone 5 that I used to have. Virusinfections dont come on iOS. They do on mac osx but its a minuscule amount compared to windows.

Yes they're not immune 100% but are far more reliable than other manufacturers

Also the customer service is excellent. Friend of mine cracked his iPhone screen and Apple replace it for him for free, even though its not part of the warranty.

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence, especially given such a small subset of people in your example. I do customer service and broke/fix. If you had any idea how many Apple devices I have serviced within the last decade, be it laptops, all in ones, desktops, iPods, tablets etc that have had one part or another fail on them, your head would spin. Not to mention about 2,500 machines I had to deal with when that flash based virus owned over 600,000 Apple machines a few years ago. Or the number of times I have had to reload OS X or iOS on devices because of software corruption or user error.

Also they do freeze up and they do crash. No application or piece of software is freeze/crash proof. Any software developer will tell you this. Code throws bugs, tis the nature of the beast.

The reason Apple gets hit by less virus infections is because it is not as profitable for virus/malware coders to create ransomware for Apple based devices as Apple holds a significantly smaller market share vs Windows based devices. It has absolutely nothing to do with the inherent security of the software. This is probably the single biggest fallacy that the Apple community continues to adhere to.

As far as Apple quality is concerned, did you overlook the recent return of up to 8 million iPhones to Foxconn “due to appearance of substandard or dysfunctional problems"? There have been many issues with substandard Foxconn components in recent years. This year was no exception.

Apple products look very nice and generally function well, but they are far from the perfect devices you and the Apple community wish to paint them as.

PSU

Anecdotal evidence is not evidence, especially given such a small subset of people in your example. I do customer service and broke/fix. If you had any idea how many Apple devices I have serviced within the last decade, be it laptops, all in ones, desktops, iPods, tablets etc that have had one part or another fail on them your head would spin. Not to mention about 2,500 machines I had to deal with when that flash based virus owned over 600,000 Apple machines a few years ago. Or the number of times I have had to reload OS X or iOS on devices because of software corruption or user error.

Also they do freeze up and they do crash. No application or piece of software is freeze/crash proof. Any software developer will tell you this. Code throws bugs, tis the nature of the beast.

The reason Apple gets hit by less virus infections is because it is not as profitable for virus/malware coders to create ransomware for Apple based devices as Apple holds a significantly smaller market share vs Windows based devices.

Oh ok well I am just telling you coming from personal experience :)

... XNU is free software and so is Linux ...

But not all Linux distributions are.

You must not know that open-source does not mean free software. Noob.

EDIT: For example, Redhat Linux is open-source, but requires payment and license. Winamp is proprietary, but requires no payment or license for use.

I only dislike their desktops and laptops. They are like the Dr. Dre of headphones. They are expensive, they work, but you're buying a name brand. That's it. For what ever their price you can get something much better. And if you don't like windows or etc you can change it to Mac OS.

Tablets and phones are phenomenal. Idk I just love their interface . I had a iPod 2 ever since, and after school gave me an IPad to use I become so accustomed to it. I haven't tried android much, and plan to do so later.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

The keyboards are nice and the Trackpads are great. The OS isn't intuitive to me and it's not worth the price premium over a similarly Spec'd windows machine. MAC's are highly overrated if you ask me...

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

GO AWAY!!! NO ONE LOVES YOU!!!! NOT EVEN YOUR MOTHER!!!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Will someone ban this spamming twat already? They are soiling our debating grounds!

PSU

PSU

Lmao what language is his username and BS that hes postings?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Lmao what language is his username and BS that hes postings?

It appears to be Polish. As to the nature of the link, don't know, don't care. To whomever removed their posts:

tumblr_mmkn5wYjsV1qbxd75o1_500.gif

PSU