Is the N64 classic coming after the SNES? Indications it will be....

Master Disaster
Just now, Master Disaster said:

They better include Perfect Dark, or else

bbdc5e2a1e1d.jpg

The Perfect Dark license is property of Rare, Nintendo would have to license it from them. This is why the Perfect Dark HD remake was on Xbox 360. :P

Here's an idea Nintendo, you could go back to making good games, like what was released on those platforms. Without annoying and stupid gimmicks.

Perhaps, you could do some sequels. Maybe have decent hardware, or maybe just drop hardware all together, make your games on PC only, and rake in endless gobs of cash for an ultra hi-def remake of Ocarina of Time (f**k Majora's Mask it wasn't as good) and some more actually decent Metroid Prime style games.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

27 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Here's an idea Nintendo, you could go back to making good games, [...] just drop hardware all together, make your games on PC only, and rake in endless gobs of cash [...]

You over complicated that... it's just this ^ :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

28 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

Perhaps, you could do some sequels.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you actually believe that Nintendo has a shortage when it comes to production of sequels... o.O

32 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or if you actually believe that Nintendo has a shortage when it comes to production of sequels... o.O

Allow me to correct that.

"A sequel with real, actual character development, emotion, and depth. Like maybe something with Samus Aran. Make a game with a complex, deep story. Try actually delving into a world instead of just the usual "glossy shallow cartoon world" that you've mastered to the point of being nauseating"

Better? I'm a butt hurt nintendo fanboy from the N64 and GameCube generation. I got a VHS tape in the mail announcing the N64 ahead of time, and that console is the single reason I fell in love with video games. When Nintendo announced the Wii, I felt betrayed.

Jim Sterling was/is right, Nintendo think too much like toymakers.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

5 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

I pre ordered a SNES Classic despite having every SNES ROM available, a PC, Shield TV, Tablet, Phone and a Pi 3.

Explain that Gary Kasparov.

Where did you preorder

I used to be quite active here.

you know, senseless bitching over nothing is a trademark of this forum so I'll just ignore it instead of pointing it out

On topic: I'd like to see it, but I'd also like to see if they did it that you could filter out the hardware AA if possible.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

6 hours ago, Kobathor said:

Where did you preorder

Smyth's Toys in the UK, they accepted pre orders for about an hour on the day it was announced and I managed to get one although worryingly I haven't had any confirmation of the order from them yet.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

20 hours ago, Rune said:

Is the gamecube even old enough to have a "classic" version?

I'd love a GameCube "classic".  I don't have many games for GameCube but it'd be cool to play them on a approximation of a GameCube rather than a Wii.  

19 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

The Perfect Dark license is property of Rare, Nintendo would have to license it from them. This is why the Perfect Dark HD remake was on Xbox 360. :P

It's also included in the Rare Replay collection that I think is on Xbox One.

I'm sure opportunistic ebay sellers are trilled they get not only a second but probably a third chance at scamming nerd fools.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 hours ago, Master Disaster said:

Smyth's Toys in the UK, they accepted pre orders for about an hour on the day it was announced and I managed to get one although worryingly I haven't had any confirmation of the order from them yet.

;( Walmart in the US opened pre-orders and sold out within less than a minute.

I used to be quite active here.

Haha, that would be awesome! I'd buy one in a second, provided that they come with 2 or more controllers and the cables are long enough. It'd better have Super Smash Brothers. I can see the prices climbing a bit too high though, N64's aren't that expensive on the used market yet. I think that'd be their biggest hurdle.

20 hours ago, BuckGup said:

The people buying them are the ones who don't have a clue about other technolgy. That's why they are buying consoles. CHECK MATE

Not true at all. I know about other technology. I'd just prefer to have something simple I can sit down on the couch with.

Also, I own 2 consoles. So. Checkmate.

19 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

The real downside is that while Mario 64 is one of the greatest games ever, Goldeneye 007, which is a landmark title that ruled many teenager's sleep overs, will unlikely appear for licensing reasons.

Shut your mouth.

:P

Seriously though that game would have to be on there. It'd be a crime if it wasn't.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Damn I was kind of interested in one of these for Ocarina of Time until I looked it up and saw the game runs at 20 fps. Ouch, no wonder I remembered the N64/PS1 generation sucking so much.

On 21/07/2017 at 8:10 PM, Master Disaster said:

They better include Perfect Dark, or else

bbdc5e2a1e1d.jpg

Conkers Bad Fur Day, or it can fuck right off.