Now do it with a 1080Ti ;)

Dylanc431

Really clever idea, if the GPU itself could be used then it would make for a decent mobile gaming rig.

Now watch LTT use a 1080Ti or Titan Xp ;P

EDIT: I DID NOT MEAN THIS AS A LEGIT PROPOSAL, JUST A JOKE, DON'T TAKE IT SERIOUSLY!

Edited by Dylanc431

Just now, frozeNNN said:

I'm pretty sure no one would ruin a GTX 1080Ti for this.

I didn't mean it literally, just a little dare.

3 minutes ago, Dylanc431 said:

Really clever idea, if the GPU itself could be used then it would make for a decent mobile gaming rig.

Now watch LTT use a 1080Ti or Titan Xp ;P

It's pretty much impossible due to the fact that.. well, how do you suppose you should connect the graphics card to the PC used itself?

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

It's pretty much impossible due to the fact that.. well, how do you suppose you should connect the graphics card to the PC used itself?

This is true, but there could be some way, maybe use a low power card, like a GT730 or something and jerry rig a PCI-E riser to some other connector and then connect it to the mini PC?

Let me take out my all in one chip for an ipod and just put it on top and plug it in to a battery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If this post solved your problem, please press the check below :).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just now, Dylanc431 said:

This is true, but there could be some way, maybe use a low power card, like a GT730 or something and jerry rig a PCI-E riser to some other connector and then connect it to the mini PC?

Good luck writing a program to use those data connections. Basically, what you're asking for is impossible without some actually trained software engineers (as you'd need drivers).

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

This looks just like a Rasperry PI inside a graphics card shroud. The Graphics card is not even serviceable and not in use. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Good luck writing a program to use those data connections. Basically, what you're asking for is impossible without some actually trained software engineers (as you'd need drivers).

I wasn't legitimately proposing this, it was just a little joke about how LTT like to take things and then do them on 10x the scale 

5 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

This looks just like a Rasperry PI inside a graphics card shroud. The Graphics card is not even serviceable and not in use. 

I don't think anyone claimed it to be a functional card. The guy who posted the video never made mention of that either. OP was just making a joke, but it would be cool if it was functional.

Just now, theninja35 said:

I don't think anyone claimed it to be a functional card. The guy who posted the video never made mention of that either.

This man gets it...

1 minute ago, Dylanc431 said:

I wasn't legitimately proposing this, it was just a little joke about how LTT like to take things and then do them on 10x the scale 

But if you were to take this seriously.. you'd need that as well as a quad slot card to get the necessary cabling in place. How are you going to power it? How are you going to do the bus communications? Also, there'd be a severe CPU bottleneck.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

2 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

But if you were to take this seriously.. you'd need that as well as a quad slot card to get the necessary cabling in place. How are you going to power it? How are you going to do the bus communications? Also, there'd be a severe CPU bottleneck.

What if we just build a very large GTX 1080, one so big that it takes up an entire room? Then we can fit everything inside of it, probably even two 1080s.

@LinusTech

1 minute ago, theninja35 said:

What if we just build a very large GTX 1080, one so big that it takes up an entire room? Then we can fit everything inside of it, probably even two 1080s.

@LinusTech

QUAD SLI WITHIN A GPU! IT NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

Looks like people forgot that dead 1080tis are a thing. A perfectly good 1080ti wouldn't have to be sacrificed for this to be done.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

1 minute ago, TheKDub said:

Looks like people forgot that dead 1080tis are a thing. A perfectly good 1080ti wouldn't have to be sacrificed for this to be done.

I'm sure they could requested an RMA'd card? 

Just now, Dylanc431 said:

I'm sure they could requested an RMA'd card? 

Possibly, or check ebay/craigslist.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Thats really cool!

How about a computer inside a psu casing?

Everyone on here be showing off their rigs, so here I go:

Spoiler

Main Desktop CPU: Ryzen 1600 @ 3.65 GHz Memory: 2x8GB @ 3200 MHz Graphics: NVIDIA ASUS 1070 MOBO: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac Storage: NVME M.2 Crucial P1 SSD; SATA Crucial MX500 SSD; Seagate BarraCuda HDD.

Acer Aspire 5755G CPU: Intel i5-2410M @ 2.30GHz Memory: 6GB DDR3-1066 SDRAM Graphics: NVIDIA GT 540M 2GB Storage750GB 2.5" 5400RPM HDD Display15.6" 1366x768

you can cram in a gtx 1080 ti, go grab mxm form factor. The only problem is cooling.

Thats also a similar size to the intel skull canyon nuc.

• 2 weeks later...

Could just jam a Raspberry Pi in there and job done ;)

----------------------------
        Weem

On 7/19/2017 at 4:09 PM, frozeNNN said:

I'm pretty sure no one would ruin a GTX 1080Ti for this.

What about Linus XD? Linus treats his GTX 1080 Ti as a big Toy so...