Silent Wings 3 vs Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B14-PS

atomicus

Plan on using x3 of these in an NZXT S340 Elite air cooled build as case fans, but am having trouble determining which would be quieter. They are the same price, so equal on that front. Both seem to perform excellently, so again pretty equal, but I'm just having trouble finding which is actually going to prove quieter?

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

Silent wings 3, others are way over priced. £30 for a fan? You can nearly get an SSD for that.

Also, Noctua have fantastic fans if you haven't considered them.

Main Rig

CPU: Ryzen 2700X 
Cooler: Corsair H150i PRO RGB 360mm Liquid Cooler
Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VII Hero
RAM: 16GB (2x8) Trident Z RGB 3200MHZ
SSD: Samsung 960 EVO NVME SSD 1TB, Intel 1TB NVME

Graphics Card: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti OC

Case: Phanteks Evolv X
Power Supply: Corsair HX1000i Platinum-Rated

Radiator Fans: 3x Corsair ML120
Case Fans: 4x be quiet! Silent Wings 3

1 minute ago, Armakar said:

Silent wings 3, others are way over priced. £30 for a fan? You can nearly get an SSD for that.

I can get both for £20, so they are the same price. From what I've seen, both the SW3 and B14-PS beat the Noctua offerings for noise/performance... and certainly look better.

System: Ryzen 7 5800X - Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master - Noctua D15S Chromax - 32GB 3600 RAM - EVGA Black 2080Ti

The noiseblocker is louder and has higher airflow, but you can probably turn down the speed to match the noise and performance of the silent wings 3.

Personally I would get the noiseblocker because it matches my PC colour scheme.

You can't really go wrong with either one.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

2 minutes ago, Armakar said:

Have you not seen the price of the silent wings 3 140mm....?

It's about the same as the noiseblocker.

Maybe not for you, since brexit :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

5 minutes ago, Enderman said:

The noiseblocker is louder and has higher airflow, but you can probably turn down the speed to match the noise and performance of the silent wings 3.

Personally I would get the noiseblocker because it matches my PC colour scheme.

You can't really go wrong with either one.

Yeah that's what I wasn't clear on... SW3 is rated lower noise, but the B14-PS seems like it MIGHT be quieter at lower speeds while pushing more air... can't quite get a definitive answer on that though. People tend to have one fan or another, so a direct comparison isn't easy to find, unless a pro review does so.

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Have you not seen the price of the silent wings 3 140mm....?

It's about the same as the noiseblocker.

Maybe not for you, since brexit :P

Yes, in UK, both can be had for £20, so it's same cost for me regardless which one I go for.

from product specs I've read: http://www.blacknoise.com/site/en/products/noiseblocker-it-fans/nb-eloop-series/140x140x29mm.php?lang=EN

http://www.bequiet.com/en/casefans/721

silent wings(not high speed) pushes less air but more silent.

It's your choice on choosing the fan(more air vs silence). However, I would go with SW3 because it's more silent and still pushes good amount of air.

If you are choosing between B14-ps and SW3 high speed, choose the one that looks better to your build. Their specs are very identical and both companies don't do exact same tests for silence and airflow(or exaggerate its performance).

Just now, PCNoobie said:

If you are choosing between B14-ps and SW3 high speed, choose the one that looks better to your build. Their specs are very identical and both companies don't do exact same tests for silence and airflow(or exaggerate its performance).

Yes it's hard to know for sure for that reason. The B14-PS comes in a black edition, so looks wise there isn't much in it. Hard call lol! I may just have to flip a coin.

34 minutes ago, atomicus said:

Yes it's hard to know for sure for that reason. The B14-PS comes in a black edition, so looks wise there isn't much in it. Hard call lol! I may just have to flip a coin.

Alright I'll flip a coin...

Tails

Get SW3

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

6 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Alright I'll flip a coin...

Tails

Get SW3

I just got heads, dammit! 

I actually have some SW3 140's in a watercooled build on a 280 rad... they're not silent for sure, but certainly quiet. I am tempted to try the B14-PS just to get a comparison, although the use is quite different as they will be case fans in an air cooled build, not used on a rad. The main issue with the B14-PS seems to be too close a proximity to a fan filter as that can cause a 'droning' noise from what I've read (less than 5mm is a problem apparently). However, in the S340 I don't think that's in issue... seems to be decent clearance at the front between the fan mounts and the filter... hard to really tell though.

P1010574.jpg

P1010572.jpg

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

I just got heads, dammit! 

I actually have some SW3 140's in a watercooled build on a 280 rad... they're not silent for sure, but certainly quiet. I am tempted to try the B14-PS just to get a comparison, although the use is quite different. The main issue with the B14-PS seems to be close proximity to fan filter as that can cause a 'droning' noise from what I've read. However, in the S340 I don't think that's in issue... seems to be decent clearance at the front between the fan mounts and the filter...

I can personally confirm the filter clearance, I've worked with that case in the past and it's not flush with the plane of the fan, theres about a 16th of an inch or about 2mm of space between them

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

16 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

I can personally confirm the filter clearance, I've worked with that case in the past and it's not flush with the plane of the fan, theres about a 16th of an inch or about 2mm of space between them

2mm may not be enough then... I've seen a recommendation of 5mm for the B14-PS fans.

1 minute ago, atomicus said:

2mm may not be enough then... I've seen a recommendation of 5mm for the B14-PS fans.

SEE? THE COIN IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Never question the coin, the coin knows all

30 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

SEE? THE COIN IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Never question the coin, the coin knows all

Ooh, the Cooooooooin!

X1gjl.gif

OS: W10 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth P67 | CPU: i7 2600k @ 4.6 | RAM: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz | GPU: x2 MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | Storage: x2 WD CB 1TB, x1 WD CB 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | Spare a moment for Night Theme Users:

Spoiler

I'm an erudite cave-dwelling Troglodyte
I frequent LinusTechTips past midnight
Dark backgrounds I crave 
For my sun-seared red gaze
I'll molest you if you don't form your text right