Claymore DualMiner not stopping

Go to solution Solved by poker1059,

You can open task manager and if EthDcrMiner is running you can end it that way, since that's the actual mining application. 

llt.png

Hey guys,

I just started mining Ethereum using the Claymore Dualminer, but when I close the command console, which is executing the mining program, it doesn't seem to stop. Is this normal? Or does it just take lots of time to close the program?

Thanks in advance!

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

Hey guys, 

I just started mining Ethereum using the Claymore DualMiner, but when I close the command console, which is executing the mining program, it doesn't seem to stop. Is this normal? Or does it just take lots of time to close the program?

Thanks in advance!

What do you mean? What happens? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

What do you mean? What happens? 

When I close the command console window, GPU still spikes at 100%, so I guess it's still mining or so.

5 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

Unreadable for dark theme users just saying. 

I just want to mine Ethereum when I'm at work and game in the evening and until I do not know how to effectively close the program, I really do not want to mine, because I'm running it off my personal rig.

3 minutes ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

I just want to mine Ethereum when I'm at work and game in the evening and until I do not know how to effectively close the program, I really do not want to mine, because I'm running it off my personal rig.

Thank you.

I'm not familiar with the program but it can be like some other programme if you hit the red x it keeps running when you go to the bottom right in the task bar. If so then there is prob a setting which sat stop program on closing window. 

*Edit* second thought maybe it finishes the block it is working on and then shut down the program?

3 minutes ago, NLD1st said:

Thank you.

I'm not familiar with the program but it can be like some other programme if you hit the red x it keeps running when you go to the bottom right in the task bar. If so then there is prob a setting which sat stop program on closing window. 

*Edit* second thought maybe it finishes the block it is working on and then shut down the program?

Thank you. I'll just try it out again

1 hour ago, TheOnlyNexus said:

When I close the command console window, GPU still spikes at 100%, so I guess it's still mining or so.

Does it go down after a while? 

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

No experience with miners whatsoever, but... I would assume that the quickest way to check would be to open task manager (ctrl-shift-esc) and see if an instance of claymore is still running. If it is, you should be able to kill it from there. If not, a simple reboot should do the trick?

Desktop:     Core i7-9700K @ 5.1GHz all-core = ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate = 16GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @ 3600MHz = Asus ROG Strix 3060ti (non LHR) = Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD = ASUS PG279Q

Notebook:  Clevo P651RG-G = Core i7 6820HK = 16GB HyperX Impact DDR4 2133MHz = GTX 980M = 1080p IPS G-Sync = Samsung SM951 256GB M.2 SSD + Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD

18 minutes ago, Syfes said:

No experience with miners whatsoever, but... I would assume that the quickest way to check would be to open task manager (ctrl-shift-esc) and see if an instance of claymore is still running. If it is, you should be able to kill it from there. If not, a simple reboot should do the trick?

The problem is that there is no visible program running on task manager, as it runs on the command console (it's basically a batch file, not a .exe)

From the command window it opens Ctrl + C should kill it right away.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

You can open task manager and if EthDcrMiner is running you can end it that way, since that's the actual mining application. 

llt.png

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

If it doesn't close it can be for a lot of reasons, from a particular error on your pc or a problem in the code of the program to a virus or malware. i think is code related. You can kill the program just by closing your session.

Also if this is for the fans working 100% it can be for the remaining heat.