What is the difference between gaming motherboards and normal ones?

Go to solution Solved by Mira Yurizaki,
19 minutes ago, Reem1kTechTips said:

Would there be a performance difference if i scrapped a compatible motherboard from an older pc?

No.

Motherboards have little, if any, impact on performance. A motherboard is just a communication back plane. There are some features that allow for things like better overclocking, but that still depends on if the CPU is up to snuff. Plus gaming motherboards may be worse for cooling purposes. Those heat sinks covering the chipset and VRMs aren't exactly the best designed ones.

Would there be a performance difference if i scrapped a compatible motherboard from an older pc?

Gaming motherboards at the high end has more overclocking capabilities. Cheaper gaming motherboards are only design differances.

Without overclocking, there isn't a preformance differance to find, and as long as it has the connector's you'll need, any would work just fine.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

but to the point: companies add buzzwords like "gaming" "VR ready" etc... to pretty much anything. "VR ready RGB keyboard" and shit like that. motherboards differ(not counting reliability and build quality) from each other based on their features. that is the only logical way of comparing them. generally, "gaming" motherboards may invest heavier on some features which gamers want/benefit from(this *can* be pretty subjective depending on what kind of features you are talking about. the fucking RGB controller doesnt give me more FPS. and like anders pointed out, better overclocking capabilities do make a difference, if you can utilize them), at the cost of other things(or then they are just more expensive). its all about what you need. 

4 minutes ago, ben dover kid said:

your picture annoys me

And if you fix your background color to fit this site, yours would to.

Sorry for the few off Capital letters in my posts, it does it on its own when I Write in English, since my OS is in another Language. It's annoying.

1 minute ago, AndersT2 said:

And if you fix your background color to fit this site, yours would to.

i was drunk when i put this picture up. i never even meant it to match the site. probably couldnt even see straight :D i just havent come around changing it

19 minutes ago, Reem1kTechTips said:

No.

Motherboards have little, if any, impact on performance. A motherboard is just a communication back plane. There are some features that allow for things like better overclocking, but that still depends on if the CPU is up to snuff. Plus gaming motherboards may be worse for cooling purposes. Those heat sinks covering the chipset and VRMs aren't exactly the best designed ones.