One of my hard drives is constantly at 100%

Go to solution Solved by Red Hardware,
21 minutes ago, another random person said:

Is there any possible way to fix the bad sectors?

A bad sector is bad sector

The drive keeps trying to read what's in there and then , relocates it to a good sector but what if it can't read what is in there ? 

Then those sectors will be marked as pending sectors . So if you DON'T need what's there , you can tell the HDD that you don't even care what's there and it can stop trying to read that sector and relocate it somewhere else . BUT how ? You can perform a full format ( not a quick one ) and them hard drive will realise that it can remap that sector to somewhere else but since you need your info and can't perform a format , You can use softwares as Western Digital Data Lifeguard  

You can also take a look at this link:

https://superuser.com/questions/384095/how-to-force-a-remap-of-sectors-reported-in-s-m-a-r-t-c5-current-pending-sector

You can read the "best answer" for more info

One of my hard drives is constantly running at 100% I've followed all the internet tutorials on how to fix the issue but I haven't yet reached a solution. Even the read/write speeds are 1% of what they used to be, I think it may be a dying drive so I'm attempting to move everything out of it but the read speeds are excruciatingly slow. 

Any help is greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Screenshots below.

Screenshot (75).png

I suck a typing, preparw for typos.

Desktop

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x MOBO: MSI X570-A Pro RAM: 32 GB Corsair DDR4

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

Apple Macbook Pro 13 M1 Pro

Hi 

Try installing Crystal Disk info and send an ss of it

I want to see an ss from Resource monitor too ( you can open it from the task manager or just search for it )

4 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

I want to see an ss from Resource monitor too ( you can open it from the task manager or just search for it )

Yes, please.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

10 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Hi 

Try installing Crystal Disk info and send an ss of it

6 minutes ago, GER_T4IGA said:

Yes, please.

Here

Screenshot (76).png

Desktop

GPUS: Gigabyte GTX 1660ti OC 6G  CASE: Corsair Carbide 100R STORAGE: Samsung Evo 960 500GB, Crucial P1 M.2 NVME 1TB   PSU: Corsair CX550M CPU COOLER: Corsair H100x

LAPTOP

28 minutes ago, another random person said:

Here

Screenshot (76).png

Look , not only this drive but your other drives have problems that you should pay attention too.

For this drive , you have 192 bad sectors !!!! That's really bad,

You can remap these sectors but this is a really bad thing to see and tells u that your files might get corrupted or your HD might become unusable soon .

Again i don't know what's wrong with other drives but this one has some problems ...

1 minute ago, Red Hardware said:

Look , not only this drive but your other drives have problems that you should pay attention too.

For this drive , you have 192 bad sectors !!!! That's really bad,

You can remap these sectors but this is a really bad thing to see and tells u that your files might get corrupted or your HD might become unusable soon .

Again i don't know what's wrong with other drives but this one has some problems ...

Desktop

LAPTOP

21 minutes ago, another random person said:

The drive keeps trying to read what's in there and then , relocates it to a good sector but what if it can't read what is in there ? 

Then those sectors will be marked as pending sectors . So if you DON'T need what's there , you can tell the HDD that you don't even care what's there and it can stop trying to read that sector and relocate it somewhere else . BUT how ? You can perform a full format ( not a quick one ) and them hard drive will realise that it can remap that sector to somewhere else but since you need your info and can't perform a format , You can use softwares as Western Digital Data Lifeguard  

https://superuser.com/questions/384095/how-to-force-a-remap-of-sectors-reported-in-s-m-a-r-t-c5-current-pending-sector

5 minutes ago, Red Hardware said:

Then those sectors will be marked as pending sectors . So if you DON'T need what's there , you can tell the HDD that you don't even care what's there and it can stop trying to read that sector and relocate is somewhere else . BUT how ? You can perform a full format ( not a quick one ) and them hard drive will realise that it can remap that sector to somewhere else but since you need your info and can't perform a format , You can use softwares as Western Digital Data Lifeguard  

Thank you

Desktop

LAPTOP

4 minutes ago, another random person said:

Thank you

YW, don't forget to mark it as solved