ULTIMATE RGB PC Build Guide

18 hours ago, Fiat-Libertas said:

1 critical video does not prove you are unbiased when literally every other video on the channel is positive towards or features Intel lmao. That's like 12 year old logic.

It's just hard for me because it was so obvious when you guys just stopped using the Ryzen test bench completely in pretty much any video that requires performance reviews. Also Linus has to force in the words "Intel Optane" whenever he possibly can. (see the supercomputer unboxing vid)

Aside from that, I really enjoyed the RGB build. Think it looks awesome.

I mean... I think it's better logic than "you used/showed something that I don't like or that I think is bad, therefore these people must have paid you to do so and you're now lying to me about being paid off to change your opinion on this."

And I never claimed that we were totally unbiased - no reviewer (or really no person) is totally unbiased, and anyone that claims that they are is probably at least a bit suspect - though we do try to keep our personal biases out of the content. What I said was that the decision to use a Core i5 in this build was not influenced by sponsorship.

RE: not including Ryzen testbenches where it makes sense to do so, I'd love for you to show a specific example of this as I know that displaying balanced information between AMD and Intel wherever applicable has been a pretty significant focus for us. If there are good examples I'm happy to bring them back to the writing team, as I'd be just as interested in getting answers as you are. As much as people don't like to believe this we're actually super excited that there is REAL competition again in the market.

Intel Optane is pretty much the only exciting thing in storage these days, but I can see how that might come off as weird/annoying if you notice it being mentioned regularly. It's important to keep in mind that when Linus is talking about being excited for Optane, he's usually talking about the drives that are coming soon, not the HDD accelerators that are on the market now. Those are cool, but in my opinion they're more of a "proof of concept" than something that Intel is expecting to be widely adopted...

19 hours ago, nicklmg said:

RE: not including Ryzen testbenches where it makes sense to do so, I'd love for you to show a specific example of this as I know that displaying balanced information between AMD and Intel wherever applicable has been a pretty significant focus for us. If there are good examples I'm happy to bring them back to the writing team, as I'd be just as interested in getting answers as you are. As much as people don't like to believe this we're actually super excited that there is REAL competition again in the market.

I first noticed it when you did the review on the Windows 10 "game mode" as did others: 

That's a perfect example of why there is no reason to not include the ryzen test bench. After that video it seemed the Ryzen test bench had died completely. I don't have time to scrub every video, but it seems only recently did it appear in a video again.

A moment of silence for that poor safety glasses, for being at the wrong place, at the wrong time

RIP.

Starting at 1:29, look at left side of table, next to Linus' right foot.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

17 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

A moment of silence for that poor safety glasses, for being at the wrong place, at the wrong time

RIP.

Starting at 1:29, look at left side of table, next to Linus' right foot.

He fell of the table too

1 minute ago, yathis said:

He fell of the table too

And the separation of screw driver and bit at 10:25 :D

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

3 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

-

He is a very clumsy man

I cant help but look at how his eyebrows always move. Its a forced thing, too much projection on his part. He tries to "Sell" it too hard, which is why his eyebrows move. Plus its an ego thing no doubt.

Just now, yathis said:

He is a very clumsy man

No, this the best build guide ever!!!

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

4 minutes ago, NumLock21 said:

No, this the best build guide ever!!!

RGB is not ultimate

Its better to go low key and subtle IMO

You dont want a flashy Ferrari when a sleeper 454 stroker with blowers in a Taurus SHO without any SHO emblems is good enough.

4 minutes ago, yathis said:

RGB is not ultimate

Its better to go low key and subtle IMO

Why don't you go low key and subtle, while the rest of us who likes RGB, will go our way with RGB.

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

I'm assuming if I want hard drive bays I wont be able to mount the two fans on the bottom?

I might built this BUT changed the core i5 7600 for a core i7 7700k good idea bad?

1 minute ago, Fadedboy said:

I might built this BUT changed the core i5 7600 for a core i7 7700k good idea bad?

Good idea. The i7 7700K is the best gaming CPU there is. Though for streaming, a Ryzen 7 1700 behind, and is cheaper and has double the threads/cores. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

Good idea. The i7 7700K is the best gaming CPU there is. Though for streaming, a Ryzen 7 1700 behind, and is cheaper and has double the threads/cores. 

Yeah but I want to game and edit videos but mostly gaming 

13 minutes ago, Fadedboy said:

Yeah but I want to game and edit videos but mostly gaming 

If it's mostly gaming at 144Hz or more, a 7700K is the way to go. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Can someone make me a pcpartpicker list with all the components in this build.

2 hours ago, Fadedboy said:

Can someone make me a pcpartpicker list with all the components in this build.

It's not very good. I wouldn't recommend it. I REALLY REALLY wouldn't recommend it.

Do you want me to make it or do something better?

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Does the GPU works with G-Sync? Monitor Predator x34

Did you have to buy lighting node or commander to get link control over fans? 

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for the bump, but what's the song at the final b-roll? 

I think the point of the video was clearly to just show how much you can stuff ready out of box RGB products into a tower today and how bright and colorful it can get. No ordinary build has that much RGB. I think the video also succeeded in making a good point that if RGB is the only reason for choosing components then you will get a system that is not very optimal otherwise and as some said in this case suffers from bad air flow for example. Of course the price/performance also goes out the roof. It just makes no sense, but that's what you get for going too much overboard in choices.

What I found interesting is how much you could synchronize the products together these days and obiviously Asus and compatible products, that can be connected to it on hardware or software level, are the way to go. I couldn't care less if they chose what Intel CPU or Ryzen, because it was about just showing off the RGB products.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I know that either I'm going to get a bunch of shit-posting as replies or serious help. (at least in my experience on youtube.) I know that case he uses isn't good for performance gaming, as the front doesn't have airflow.. I'm wondering if anyone knows a case I can get that can fit all these components,(except two graphics cards. I'm only getting one.) with only one side that is tempered glass and can handle high performance and let a lot of cool air in. Also, if there any grammar mistakes, I'm truly sorry. However, don't be a Grammar Nazi. That's all I ask. Thank you.

So, I was wondering. In the build, Linus use the RGB fan from Corsair but it's not aura sync, right? So where did he connect the RGB Controller then, was it just some random 4 pin connector? or is it the RGB header?

On 10/4/2017 at 11:41 PM, BlackM0ckingJay said:

Hello. I know that either I'm going to get a bunch of shit-posting as replies or serious help. (at least in my experience on youtube.) I know that case he uses isn't good for performance gaming, as the front doesn't have airflow.. I'm wondering if anyone knows a case I can get that can fit all these components,(except two graphics cards. I'm only getting one.) with only one side that is tempered glass and can handle high performance and let a lot of cool air in. Also, if there any grammar mistakes, I'm truly sorry. However, don't be a Grammar Nazi. That's all I ask. Thank you.

Check out NZXT S340 Elite

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, fr3fou said:

sorry for the bump, but what's the song at the final b-roll? 

I have the same question. Like pls. Starts at approx 18:21.

On 8/1/2017 at 5:07 PM, Pickle_Rick said:

Case is no longer on Amazon or Newegg????

https://estore.in-win.com/product/gaming-chassis/805i they sell it directly as well.