Ryzen mATX mobos

So, which are the good ones? I haven't been keeping up with the BIOS updates for the platform so I'm not up to date. I'm leaning towards AsRock B350M Pro 4 since it's the closes thing to a black motherboard with some white on it and no red. Is it good? Also, how are the MSI B350M BAZOOKA and B350m MORTAR ARCTIC?

Also, will the 1600x boost on a B350 board or will I need X370?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

Also, will the 1600x boost on a B350 board or will I need X370?

It will OC, yes. Pretty sure it'll boost on all chipsets.

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

The Biostar boards are OK and have very no red accents, only a red led that can be turned off.

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I had an ASUS B350M-A and am currently running a MSI B350M Gaming Pro. Both are good boards IMHO and the standard clock multiplier of both of them sits at 37x on idle, so my 1600X runs at 3700 MHz unless it gets too hot (which only happens while doing CPU stress tests in my system).

MSI has nice fan control in its BIOS, ASUS has the better tools for controlling the mainboard in Windows 10 (AI Suite III). MSI has several different tools for Windows and some versions of them don't run stable on Ryzen - but I refrained from installing them because I was able to set everything I needed to in the BIOS. MSI has better fan curve control as well IMHO, because you can lower the top fan speed when the processor runs hot. The ASUS board won't let you do that. CPU temps >95°C and the ASUS board runs the CPU fan at 100%, no matter what. And remember: AMD puts +20°C to that temperature sensor for all Ryzen-X-Processors, so you get full fan speed with really 75°C of the CPU.

Another advantage of the MSI board: There's a PCIe x1 slot above the PCIe x16 slot, so you can install another PCIe-Card (a soundcard or WIFI) without blocking the fans of your graphics card.

If you don't have another PCIe x1 card and don't want to add one anytime soon but need a M.2/NVMe SSD, then the ASUS might be the better choice, because the M.2 slot is near the CPU and a SSD there might catch some air from the CPU cooler.

Never tried the ASRock, although its layout seems to be fine. SSD and PCIe x1 above the PCIe x16 Slot and another one to spare - I like it. But I don't know how good the mobo tools are or how stable this board runs.

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X | MoBo MSI B550 Gaming Plus | RAM 32GB Teamgroup @3600/18 | GPU EVGA RTX 3070 Ti FTW | Case Enthoo Pro M SE
PSU bq! Straight Power 11 Plat. 750W CM | Cooling Scythe Fuma 2 & 5x Corsair ML140 | Sound SB Z Retail | Storage Samsung 970 EVO 500GB
Display(s) Iiyama GB3461WQSU, Dell 24", LG 34UM95 | Keyboard Kinesis Freestyle Edge | Mouse Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum | OS Windows 11