Does Vinyl really sound better?

Cs342

I thought Linus said Corsair headsets are quite good.

Keyword here is Linus. 

And, Corsair, a sponsor.

I made the connection, not the assumption, which is amusing in its own right since I like to imply that Linus doesn't understand audio.

I made the connection, not the assumption, which is amusing in its own right since I like to imply that Linus doesn't understand audio.

Insulting Linus on his own forum? Really? loljk but he probably knows more about audio than us since he gets to test so much hardware

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

And I am trying really hard not to insult any more people on this forum today.  :wacko:

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

And I am trying really hard not to insult any more people on this forum today.  :wacko:

So conclusion: Vinyl sounds worse than CD and is not worth it. Sound cards sound worse than integrated audio and are not worth it. Nothing is worth it.

LOL

conclusion cd's are worth it, cd equivalent downloads are worth it, onboard is worth it, good headphones are worth it (personal choice though), SS amps are worth it so long as they aren't so loaded with digital processing so the signal is messed up. Building your own speakers is worth it.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Insulting Linus on his own forum? Really? loljk but he probably knows more about audio than us since he gets to test so much hardware

My rule of thumb is that its not an insult if its fact, while it be that Linus is farther along the "audio track" then most, he still has a lot to learn. And an individual in his position doesn't have the time nor the drive to learn every detail about everything, just what they can.

More so, I could test all the equipment or computer parts in the world, and still be in the same position when I started. I would just have an opinion at that point. Opinion != Fact.

My rule of thumb is that its not an insult if its fact, while it be that Linus is farther along the "audio track" then most, he still has a lot to learn. And an individual in his position doesn't have the time nor the drive to learn every detail about everything, just what they can.

More so, I could test all the equipment or computer parts in the world, and still be in the same position when I started. I would just have an opinion at that point. Opinion != Fact.

But can a fact = an opinion?  :blink:

But can a fact = an opinion?  :blink:

Other way around, an opinion can be based on facts. 

Example -> Corsair makes a bad headset. (There is my opinion) They are known to measure poorly, and have a short life span (Fact)

conclusion cd's are worth it, cd equivalent downloads are worth it, onboard is worth it, good headphones are worth it (personal choice though), SS amps are worth it so long as they aren't so loaded with digital processing so the signal is messed up. Building your own speakers is worth it.

I have a Fiio E6 portable amp, what is your opinion on it? Does it help in-ears or is it only good for headphones that require more power? I have noticed that music sounds better with it on in-ears but maybe it's a placebo effect

I have a Fiio E6 portable amp, what is your opinion on it? Does it help in-ears or is it only good for headphones that require more power? I have noticed that music sounds better with it on in-ears but maybe it's a placebo effect

What you are experiencing is a mix of placebo, and a "quality boost" mainly signal cleaning and the glorious eqing mustard race.

What you are experiencing is a mix of placebo, and a "quality boost" mainly signal cleaning and the glorious eqing mustard race.

Unfortunately one thing about the E6 is annoying the hell out of me because every time I plug in my headphones or inears to the amp I hear a high pitched whining sound when music is not playing.

I don't have an opinion on it, I don't own one and haven't heard one.

Unfortunately one thing about the E6 is annoying the hell out of me because every time I plug in my headphones or inears to the amp I hear a high pitched whining sound when music is not playing.

sounds like either a high noise floor. usually it's dodgy power or picking up interference or It could also be oscillations from a poorly tuned filter circuit.

Other way around, an opinion can be based on facts. 

Example -> Corsair makes a bad headset. (There is my opinion) They are known to measure poorly, and have a short life span (Fact)

Narh, if your 'opinion' is a fact then it's not subjective and therefore can't be an opinion, it's just a fact.

It's not your opinion that Corsair make bad headsets, that's just how it is.

Narh, if your 'opinion' is a fact then it's not subjective and therefore can't be an opinion, it's just a fact.

It's not your opinion that Corsair make bad headsets, that's just how it is.

Some would argue otherwise, and state reasons/facts why Corsair makes the best products since the invention of the wheel.

At which point two opinions have been stated, and you have to weigh in subject and realistic facts. 

Some would argue otherwise, and state reasons/facts why Corsair makes the best products since the invention of the wheel.

At which point two opinions have been stated, and you have to weigh in subject and realistic facts. 

And contrary to what they taught you in school, their opinion could be and is wrong. In this case, primarily because the wheel has just been around too long for them to claim that title.

yes

And contrary to what they taught you in school, their opinion would be wrong. In this case, primarily because the wheel has just been around too long for them to claim that title.

"Products SINCE! the invention of the wheel"

Its all subjective anyway, so I am going back to listening to my 20 year old trance on iTunes.

yes, indeed.  I think we have established that fact and opinion are not mutually exclusive, however many times they are made the unwitting bed partners by people not clued in enough to separate fact from justificational fiction.

yes, indeed.  I think we have established that fact and opinion are not mutually exclusive, however many times they are made the unwitting bed partners by people not clued in enough to separate fact from justificational fiction.

Or we could all agree that I am god and my opinion is fact because I am god. 

Or we could all agree that I am god and my opinion is fact because I am god. 

you mean there are people who don't think you're God? :o

you mean there are people who don't think you're God? :o

You would imply. Like my girlfriend, and at that women in general. 

You would imply. Like my girlfriend, and at that women in general. 

woman don't count, they are illogical and sometimes even irrational....     then they change their minds. :blink:

woman don't count, they are illogical and sometimes even irrational....     then they change their minds. :blink:

Then I don't know who don't think I'm glod. 

Why do you never see women produce with a DAW? Because they can't use logic or reason. ah ah ah.