Headphones for xmas.

Vague
Go to solution Solved by MayflowerElectronics,

Looking for pair of headphones for xmas and i can't make my mind up on what to get. I don't really listen to one type of genre but mostly Heavy metal, dubstep, DnB, acoustic and OST. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Also budget is £150

Edit: Been looking at Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO and some Sennheiser HD stuff but i don't know what would benefit me more.

You'll want something with good bass, pick up some DT 990's. You'll need an amp though.

Logitech G930s are really good.

I got them last Christmas for like $99.

They are wireless and last for about ~10 hours light use and 7 hours heavy use.

He's looking for something that actually sounds good.

Looking for pair of headphones for xmas and i can't make my mind up on what to get. I don't really listen to one type of genre but mostly Heavy metal, dubstep, DnB, acoustic and OST. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Also budget is £150

Edit: Been looking at Beyerdynamic DT770 PRO and some Sennheiser HD stuff but i don't know what would benefit me more.

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

Budget?

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

DT990.

Since you listen to sort of a broad taste of music the DT990 is best suited with good bass response, great highs, and moderate mids. The DT770 is mostly bass oriented.

Error: 410

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Budget?

£150-170

DT990. 

They seem cool but a bit to expensive. 

Thanks for replying but i am not a fan of headsets and would be a waste of money because i have a separate microphone.

You'll want something with good bass, pick up some DT 990's. You'll need an amp though.

I said that in a nicer way :P and would the DT990 be great for this type of music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isb_L4Ke7Rk and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjYriAf-Z9I? Also sorry for it being youtube.

I said that in a nicer way :P and would the DT990 be great for this type of music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isb_L4Ke7Rk sorry for it being youtube.

What I think sounds good and what you think sounds good are probably two different things, but yes, it should go great with that type of music. (On lines with what I listen too).

£150-170

They seem cool but a bit to expensive. 

Thanks for replying but i am not a fan of headsets and would be a waste of money because i have a separate microphone.

You're going to compromise getting much else. How are they too expensive? Alone they're 125 euro, if you throw in an e10 that brings you up to 188.

Error: 410

There's simply too many good choices. I'd go Beyerdynamic because they hold their value more if you decide to sell them and try something else down the road.

What I think sounds good and what you think sounds good are probably two different things, but yes, it should go great with that type of music. (On lines with what I listen too).

Good taste in music =)

You're going to compromise getting much else. How are they too expensive? Alone they're 125 euro, if you throw in an e10 that brings you up to 188.

Oh i was looking at the premium ones, didn't see the pro ones. These ones right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT990-PRO-Headset-250/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385334518&sr=8-1&keywords=dt990

Good taste in music =)

Oh i was looking at the premium ones, didn't see the pro ones. These ones right? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Beyerdynamic-DT990-PRO-Headset-250/dp/B0011UB9CQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385334518&sr=8-1&keywords=dt990

Yeah, you can probably get the used ones and save some money.

There's simply too many good choices. I'd go Beyerdynamic because they hold their value more if you decide to sell them and try something else down the road.

Okay broski.

Yeah, you can probably get the used ones and save some money.

Yeah i will spend some time looking on ebay. Also thanks for taking the time to help me out.

I'd go Beyerdynamic because they hold their value more if you decide to sell them and try something else down the road.

Those dumb things hold their value even when they are broken.

I may or may not be looking for a pair

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

Those dumb things hold their value even when they are broken.

I may or may not be looking for a pair

www.ebay.com

www.ebay.com

yea,

m50's $50

dt770 $70

dt880 $80

t1's $600

hd800 $1k

all broken

shure's happen to be cheap though :)

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac