do i really suck at computers ?

acepro71
Go to solution Solved by AlwaysFSX,

Cheap laptop = no go unless it's for portable work, nothing else

You weren't wrong but everyone could use a little more knowledge in any field since nobody knows everything and it doesn't hurt to have more knowledge either, because then you can point out flaws >: D

ok a friend of mine told me to go to the computer market as he wanted to buy and alien ware or mac ...

so we traveled 26 km and when we got there we asked for alien ware models and then i asked the shopkeeper does this model comes with an water cooler ?

or does it has a good cooler as i think laptops are portable heaters and then shop keeper replied no as alien ware does not comes with liquid cooling as its not 2010 !

and then my friend said to me that is should shut up .... as i don't know much about computers .. and the shop keeper replied to him that he should teach me as i don't know any thing about computers

so what do u think do i really suck that much when it comes to computers

well i know i am not that good at it but i am here to learn ant i ?

but the shopkeeper said the cheapest model will cost around 1976 $

~~~~~~~

and as far as i know about computers

i do not think he should buy an alienware or an mac book as he needs it only for autocad and a little bit gaming

i think he should buy a cheap laptop as it would fit his needs

also i think the only reason one would buy an alienware or a mac just to show off or if they want a laptop that looks good or unless they are fan boys

also the only reason i asked for a better cooler as we all know how much they get heated up

so was i wrong  >?

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

You weren't wrong but everyone could use a little more knowledge in any field since nobody knows everything and it doesn't hurt to have more knowledge either, because then you can point out flaws >: D

You know more then your friend and the dick shopkeeper. For autocad the alienwares are bad, they are stupidly overpriced if you have the ability to make a pc, if you cant make one then they have decent pricing. If some one knocks you down then its your objective to prove them wrong, dont let them get to you. Also laptops are bad for autocad as the price will honestly kill you.

Due to your specs it seems like you have made your own pc, this retard of a friend wants to get an alienware, you are miles ahead of him regarding pc knowledge, if he was so clever then he should of built his own damn pc. Watch out, seems like you have a toxic friend on your hands.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Don't worry about it. Lots of people don;t know this stuff. It takes time. Experience and simply the enjoyment of doing it. He shouldn't buy an alienware....

yeah ur right but the way they said it rude i felt like they are saying i was living under a rock

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Alienware is #pookloo! They should burn in hell, together with Mirco USB, Winamp and VGA!

who cares...

Don't worry about it. Lots of people don;t know this stuff. It takes time. Experience and simply the enjoyment of doing it. He shouldn't buy an alienware....

its not that i worry its just that when some one says u really do not know about computers it kind of feel sad as thats simply the thing i literally talk about and also as im mostly here on the  forums

Alienware is #pookloo! They should burn in hell, together with Mirco USB, Winamp and VGA!

agree agreed but vga is still fine :P as long as u do not care about audio or if ur damn monitor has only vga input

My college teacher actually makes us go into PC World here in England and ask some pretty interesting questions. Just reply with "no pic no proof"

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

You know more then your friend and the dick shopkeeper. For autocad the alienwares are bad, they are stupidly overpriced if you have the ability to make a pc, if you cant make one then they have decent pricing. If some one knocks you down then its your objective to prove them wrong, dont let them get to you. Also laptops are bad for autocad as the price will honestly kill you.

Due to your specs it seems like you have made your own pc, this retard of a friend wants to get an alienware, you are miles ahead of him regarding pc knowledge, if he was so clever then he should of built his own damn pc. Watch out, seems like you have a toxic friend on your hands.

Too much heat bro chill and yeah i tried to prove then that i was right and laptops are portable heaters but instead both on them ganged on me lol but still it makes me feel good when he says nvidia >amd and mac > pc  and intel > amd

he keeps on claiming that his pc is fine as he bought an nivida and intel rig

while i bought and amd rig

as i needed to change my stock cooler and my gpu heats up when i stress  test it

but he does not understand that his will give the almost same temperature if he ever check his pc temps

yeah ur right but the way they said it rude i felt like they are saying i was living under a rock

Let him buy the alienware and waste his money, it'll teach him a lesson.  You weren't wrong, nor do you 'really suck at computers' ;)

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

Alienwares are overpriced and lack performance for their price. DO NOT GET AN ALIENWARE. EVER! And lol for AutoCAD you dont need a beast PC. Also what games do you play?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Your friend wanted to buy an Alienware, I say he's the one who has no idea about computers.

Cheap laptops are not good for gaming, not even small amounts of gaming. Even if something with an AMD APU plays games decent now, next year games will require more powerful hardware and then he'd have to upgrade again. If you spend $500 for a laptop then have to do it over and over every year, a $1000 laptop that lasts a few years would be better.

However, your friend didn't want your opinion/help, he wanted you to tell him his choice was right... it's that simple. That isn't a technical problem, it's the human condition.

Alienwares are overpriced and lack performance for their price. DO NOT GET AN ALIENWARE. EVER! And lol for AutoCAD you dont need a beast PC. Also what games do you play?

that's not me lol direct this question to my friend

The shop keeper & your friend is buying a alienware laptop. Your fine, maybe even smarter than them... ^_^ Anyway, it seems they may just have over reacted to your comment.

To love is to risk not being loved in return. To hope is to risk pain. To try is to risk failure, but risk must be taken because the greatest hazard in life is to risk nothing.

that's not me lol direct this question to my friend

oh....then replace "you" with "your friend" :P

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M