I'd like to suggest something for the WAN Show

TopWargamer

@LinusTech

@Slick

First off, I do enjoy watching the WAN Show...for the most part.

Now with that out of the way, I personally think that some things need to be changed around.

1) Shorter segments, more news articles.

2) Make WAN Show guest segments shorter, and within those segments, make each articles segment shorter.

3) Shorten the Twitter blitz.

I personally find that article segments, WAN Show guest segments, and the Twitter blitz to be too long, drawn out, and boring. I usually tune out and listen, watch, or do something else during this time. I personally want more articles talked about in a shorter time frame.

Again, all of this is just my opinion. I dunno if anybody else agrees with me, but this is just what I personally want. You guys do a great job, don't get me wrong about that, but I would really love if these changes were implemented.

COMIC SANS

no

msi z97m gaming - i5 4690k @4.4ghz 1.2V corsair h110 powercolor r9 290x pcs+ - 8GB corsair vengeance dual channel @2133mhz - thermaltake smart power se 730watts - intel 530 series 240GB ssd seagate 1tb 7200rpm - corsiar obsidian 350D - 2x enermax tb silence 140mm - logitech x-530 - sony mdr xb600 - medion 24'' 1080P cm storm quickfire tk white edition with cherry mx red cheap but awesome mouse #GloriousPaintMasterRace

Don't make it shorter :(

CPUIntel 4670k  Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H  RAMKingston HyperX 8GB  GPU - EVGA 780  Case - Fractal Design Define R4    Storage - 2TB WD Black, Samsung 840 Evo 128GB     PSU - Corsair RM650  Display -  Benq XL2430T and Acer S235HL  Cooling - CM Hyper 212 Evo  Keyboard - Corsair K95  Mouse - Razer Deathadder  Sound - Sennheiser HD 558                                 Mic - Blue Snowball  Phone- OnePlus One  Tablet - Nvidia Shield

I think they should sort out the technical difficultis first. And even if they have to make a new donation campaign to raise money for the needed equip, i am willing to pay for that. (if i get another forum badge) :- P

Edit: And i disagree with you. The quantity of the WAN show is pretty good. Just the quality needs to be improved by sorting out the technical fails.

who cares...

I wouldn't want them to feel like they have to keep to a time schedule. It would take away from the authenticity of the show I think. They usually have a good feel for when topics become worn out so they move on to the next one. Honestly I think this way is better because they never have to leave anything unsaid. I would rather fewer discussions that are talked about in depth than a lot of breif ones.

As for the Twitter Blitzes I don't think they're long enough. Almost everytime I see him leave around 70 tweets unseen. At that point I don't really see a point to doing them at all if you have a 5/70 chance of getting yours answered. But that's just me

FX 8150 @ 4.0 GHz, MSI Radeon 7850 OC Edition, 2 x 4 gigs of GSkill Sniper ddr3 at 2133 MHz, two 120 gig Kingston HyperX 3K ssds, Crosshair V Formula, Antec High Current Gamer 620 watt psu, all wrapped up inside a Cooler Master CM Storm Stryker.

Don't make it shorter :(

I never said to make the actual WAN Show shorter.

>_>

I said that I want shorter segments on articles and more articles mentioned and talked about.

COMIC SANS

Personally I feel those parts are actually pretty interestingm, especially the various guest segments.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I think they should sort out the technical difficultis first. And even if they have to make a new donation campaign to raise money for the needed equip, i am willing to pay for that. (if i get another forum badge) :- P

Edit: And i disagree with you. The quantity of the WAN show is pretty good. Just the quality needs to be improved by sorting out the technical fails.

That is kinda what the prestream is for.

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

That is kinda what the prestream is for.

Did you watch yesterday's stream? Not only did they have technical difficulties throughout the entire stream but Linus and Slick also seemed to be not focused and rather tired. :D

who cares...

I personally find that article segments, WAN Show guest segments, and the Twitter blitz to be too long, drawn out, and boring. I usually tune out and listen, watch, or do something else during this time. I personally want more articles talked about in a shorter time frame.

I like the WAN show specifically because I can tune out a little, play a game with no sound (hell sometimes I even turn BF3 down and play it while listening) and still am able to follow the show.

Why would you make the best bits shorter? Audience interaction is important, no point making twitter blitzes shorter

Every 60 seconds in Africa...

A minute passes.

Did you watch yesterday's stream? Not only did they have technical difficulties throughout the entire stream but Linus and Slick also seemed to be not focused and rather tired. :D

Nope

CPU: i5 4430 PSU: XFX 550w Ram: 8gb Patriot Viper 1600mhz

Motherboard: MSI H87M-G43 Case: Fractal Design Define R4

SSD: 840 Evo 250gb, 512gb MX100 GPU: MSI GTX 980TI Gaming Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo

Personally, WAN shows are too long for me, but again this is only my opinion. However I would like the twitter blitz to be longer. Also the time for guests could be shorter imo. But either way the WAN show is pretty good as it is imo. I just skip the topics I dont care for and listen to the ones I care about.

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

No. If you don't enjoy it don't watch. I love the entirety of what is the WAN show. With all of its mistakes and rants or drawn out discussion. You learn more about the technology and news behind things there then if they did short segments.

It's the 'weekly ANALYSIS and news' making each segment short would take out the majority of the analysis part. Frankly if you don't like it then don't watch that part. Just because you don't want to listen to it doesn't mean there aren't many other people who do. As you can clearly see above. They maintain 3-5 thousand viewers and numbers never drop when they have a guest for too long or anything.

The WAN show is unique and fun. It also connects with it's viewers more then most streams and communities do. I'll admit some of the stuff can be stupid, but it's hilarious and fun when it is. There's never a show that goes by when I don't learn something new.

Just because you research news all the time and spend all you're free time looking into the things they talk about doesn't mean other people do. You already know most of the background explanations they give.

tldr; No. Skip what you don't wanna listen to. Other people might want to hear it.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't make it shorter, this guy has no life and apparently don't enjoy technology.

If you want short segments of tech news look on any tech website or read through the news section, there aren't many long tech chat videos out there and that makes the WAN show unique!

Dont change any thing. The tech issues kinda helps keep the old amature feel to the wan show. I know they are trying to be proffesional about it but i kinda miss the old pre wan show format and i liked the old afterparties. Dont get me wrong slick does a good job but the old kickback on the couch and blow off the digital dust from the emulated cartridge format was more enjoyable.

Why do you want to make the show shorter?  It's already short enough as it is.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

No. If you don't enjoy it don't watch. I love the entirety of what is the WAN show. With all of its mistakes and rants or drawn out discussion. You learn more about the technology and news behind things there then if they did short segments.

It's the 'weekly ANALYSIS and news' making each segment short would take out the majority of the analysis part. Frankly if you don't like it then don't watch that part. Just because you don't want to listen to it doesn't mean there aren't many other people who do. As you can clearly see above. They maintain 3-5 thousand viewers and numbers never drop when they have a guest for too long or anything.

The WAN show is unique and fun. It also connects with it's viewers more then most streams and communities do. I'll admit some of the stuff can be stupid, but it's hilarious and fun when it is. There's never a show that goes by when I don't learn something new.

Just because you research news all the time and spend all you're free time looking into the things they talk about doesn't mean other people do. You already know most of the background explanations they give.

tldr; No. Skip what you don't wanna listen to. Other people might want to hear it.

You're looking way too deeply into TopWargamer's suggestion, which is all it is. A suggestion. I'm inclined to agree with him, but more so with the shorter guest segments. Besides, how can you skip a livestream? I feel like their current format is better suited for a podcast.

Why do you want to make the show shorter?  It's already short enough as it is.

Don't make it shorter, this guy has no life and apparently don't enjoy technology.

Eh, what. You two should read the entire thread before posting.

It doesn't even have to be shorter... just get through more topics. I don't think we need to hear each and every opinion they have on a news story for 5-10 minutes, and I'm kind of tired of hearing Linus say "Slick go ahead" then interrupting him half way through the first sentence. And I know they're busy, but after however many months they've done this show I am genuinely amazed at how they can keep the same technical difficulties going for so long.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

You're looking way too deeply into TopWargamer's suggestion, which is all it is. A suggestion. I'm inclined to agree with him, but more so with the shorter guest segments. Besides, how can you skip a livestream? I feel like their current format is better suited for a podcast.

Eh, what. You two should read the entire thread before posting.

It doesn't even have to be shorter... just get through more topics. I don't think we need to hear each and every opinion they have on a news story for 5-10 minutes, and I'm kind of tired of hearing Linus say "Slick go ahead" then interrupting him half way through the first sentence. And I know they're busy, but after however many months they've done this show I am genuinely amazed at how they can keep the same technical difficulties going for so long.

Clearly the majority is against it so it doesnt matter. & yes you can skip parts of a live stream, by NOT WATCHING.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly the majority is against it so it doesnt matter. & yes you can skip parts of a live stream, by NOT WATCHING.

Yes, I too am surprised that Linus's forum filled with fans of Linus are against Linus changing the ways of Linus. Why are you even so argumentative? He's just suggesting something, if you don't like his suggestion don't respond.

My previous 4P Folding & current Personal Rig

I once was a poor man, but then I found a crown.

Yes, I too am surprised that Linus's forum filled with fans of Linus are against Linus changing the ways of Linus. Why are you even so argumentative? He's just suggesting something, if you don't like his suggestion don't respond.

No it's just a stupid suggestion. & Because I can be? Don't reply if you don't like it. If someone suggests something and no one gives negative response then every suggestion would happen. You're logic is horrible please be quiet. 

No it's just a stupid suggestion. & Because I can be? Don't reply if you don't like it. If someone suggests something and no one gives negative response then every suggestion would happen. You're logic is horrible please be quiet. 

calm down a bit

They are planning on more shows throughout the week

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!