Sound card = waste of money?

Cs342

Really because that sounds a lot like you. Back to eBay you go!

can you please not ruin another thread of someone elses with your personal vendetta against mayflower?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

No more off topic posts or insults please.  Help the original poster with his question or do not post.

Let's be honest, we all do that. Fluffy comes in and trolls every thread, and has some weird obsession with me.

Let's be honest, we all do that. Fluffy comes in and trolls every thread, and has some weird obsession with me.

You're a pretty cool guy, its understandable why people would have an obsession.

It's like a console, it's not a 'waste' of money but why get one if you can get better with the same amount of money?

And FluffyNuggets should just screw off, his childish posts are annoying, if you wanna troll at least get some class.

So what should I buy, plain and simple, if I want a better audio experience? Better speakers, better headphones, better sound card (are any sound cards good?) or better *insert product category here*?

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

So what should I buy, plain and simple, if I want a better audio experience? Better speakers, better headphones, better sound card (are any sound cards good?) or better *insert product category here*?

Better speakers or headphones. Do you have a budget in mind?

Better speakers or headphones. Do you have a budget in mind?

Around $80 :)

Pioneer SE-A1000 is a good choice, but there's also audio-technica's ATH-TAD### series.

I've tried audio technica headphones before and didn't like them. how about speakers? any suggestions?

I've tried audio technica headphones before and didn't like them. how about speakers? any suggestions?

which audio technica did you try 

I impulse bought a Xonar DGX and Sennhieser HD 558's. I wasn't overly impressed by the difference. Does sound nice though.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

But I also recommended a Pioneer... :c

For speakers, just check eBay for used bookshelf speakers/studio monitors. There's always good stuff on eBay.

what's wrong with the CM-30's you are using with your bass?

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

what's wrong with the CM-30's you are using with your bass?

Those are for bass not my computer lol

• 3 months later...

Aight, I'm not practicing necromancy here folks I'm providing feedback to a thread that was inconclusive. I recently got my Xonar DG (like an hour ago) and I was like "WTF IS THIS SHT!? WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SCATTERED AND RECESSED" but I just figured out what is wrong and why it only affects while plugging into the Rear Audio port (I'm too lazy to set up my sound card and case.) It's because the sound card has touchy 3.5mm jacks and if you plug in your headphone jack in too hard it'll get distorted so you have to fiddle with it and make sure the plug isn't in too firmly and is in just so.

Aight, I'm not practicing necromancy here folks I'm providing feedback to a thread that was inconclusive. I recently got my Xonar DG (like an hour ago) and I was like "WTF IS THIS SHT!? WHY IS EVERYTHING SO SCATTERED AND RECESSED" but I just figured out what is wrong and why it only affects while plugging into the Rear Audio port (I'm too lazy to set up my sound card and case.) It's because the sound card has touchy 3.5mm jacks and if you plug in your headphone jack in too hard it'll get distorted so you have to fiddle with it and make sure the plug isn't in too firmly and is in just so.

Its a feature that you pay for I do suppose. 

Your picture goes with your post very well. haha