Probably won't be ordering from Newegg again

EarthboundHero
3 minutes ago, Zusafek said:

Nope. It should there on the 13th by 8p.m.  As I stated above. Day 1 you ordered, processed, and was put into the hands of the shipping company. That was a Friday. They do not count Saturday or Sunday as they are not business days. Monday It was in transit to your city to be dropped off at the sorting facility to be put into a delivery truck. Tuesday it will be out for delivery to be put into your hands before 8p.m. which is the end of business hours according to FedEx. 

No, it was in my city on Sunday. It hasn't moved from the sort facility in almost a day. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

2 minutes ago, EarthboundHero said:

No, it was in my city on Sunday. It hasn't moved from the sort facility in almost a day. 

Doesn't matter.  2 Day shipping. Ordered on friday, delivered on Tuesday. It's just the way it is. 

Current Build

AMD Ryzen 2600

Stock cooler

Asus ROG B450f gaming Mobo

1tb SKHynix m.2

WD 1TB HDD

Asus ROG Strix RX 5700xt

Thermaltake Toughpower 650w DPS RGB 80+Gold

16 Gigs ddr4 3000 gskill ram

Phantek fans

Phanteks P400TG

Laptop

Eluktronics Prometheus XVII

Ryzen 7 5800h

32 gigs ddr4 Corsair ram

Nvidia rtx 3080 max-p

17.3 qhd 165 hrz screen

1tb Samsung m.2

1tb WD black m.2

booo hooooooo 4 uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

suck it up

dont be a cupcake

deal wiff it

They're called business days for a reason. To quit a site based off user error is dumb (they're not a shipping company). I also have prime and order from Amazon more often because of weekend shipping. If Newegg has a better price, I order and set realistic expectations.

10 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Rush processing just pushes the queue of when your order ships out (or it may make sure your order ships out by COB regardless of the time before COB you ordered), and really in practice, it's not really worth it as long as you can get the order in by 10AM.

And as people mentioned, business days don't count weekends. Assuming it shipped out today, you'll get it by Wednesday evening (if they use UPS or FedEx, they're likely going to do the home routes at that time).

So yeah. NewEgg's not at fault here. This is standard business practice. Except for Amazon who has a fleet of couriers.

Well that depends. They would need to disclose that very clearly. If it's not disclosed when choosing the rush option or is done on *read more or very small letter disclaimer they are kind of being disingenuous. I'm not saying it's illegal or anything like that but it's definitively in bad faith and a sure way to lose customers. If you're gonna charge for rushed shipping you need to be very upfront about weekends and carriers and delivery times, like big bold letters telling you basically "do not do this on a Friday evening"

-------

Current Rig

-------

4 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Well that depends. They would need to disclose that very clearly. If it's not disclosed when choosing the rush option or is done on *read more or very small letter disclaimer they are kind of being disingenuous. I'm not saying it's illegal or anything like that but it's definitively in bad faith and a sure way to lose customers. If you're gonna charge for rushed shipping you need to be very upfront about weekends and carriers and delivery times, like big bold letters telling you basically "do not do this on a Friday evening"

That might be the case in places where you can reasonably expect weekend shipping, but the norm in North America is no deliveries on weekends, and business days only.

If something days "x number of business days", that automatically, inherently, excludes weekends.

@EarthboundHero your tracking info clearly states the estimated delivery time, which is based off of the service you selected:

Standard transit: 6/13/2017 by 8:00 pm

So you should get it today sometime.

I know it feels like somehow they've screwed you - but they didn't. Don't order on a Friday unless you know with 100% certainty that they ship in weekends. Not sure? Call NewEgg and ask first. Assuming that they would use a carrier besides FedEx, or that FedEx would ship on weekends, was 100% on you. Next time, order earlier in the week, such as on Wednesday, if you want it before the start of the next week.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

That might be the case in places where you can reasonably expect weekend shipping, but the norm in North America is no deliveries on weekends, and business days only.

If something days "x number of business days", that automatically, inherently, excludes weekends.

@EarthboundHero your tracking info clearly states the estimated delivery time, which is based off of the service you selected:

Standard transit: 6/13/2017 by 8:00 pm

So you should get it today sometime.

I know it feels like somehow they've screwed you - but they didn't. Don't order on a Friday unless you know with 100% certainty that they ship in weekends. Not sure? Call NewEgg and ask first. Assuming that they would use a carrier besides FedEx, or that FedEx would ship on weekends, was 100% on you. Next time, order earlier in the week, such as on Wednesday, if you want it before the start of the next week.

Well if it explicitly says business days when selecting I would have to agree but I also think it could be omitted and put on small letters somewhere else. Not familiar with Newegg orders though so not sure how it is disclaimed. 

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Well if it explicitly says business days when selecting I would have to agree but I also think it could be omitted and put on small letters somewhere else. Not familiar with Newegg orders though so not sure how it is disclaimed. 

Agreed - I'm not sure how they show things either - I only order from NewEgg very rarely, and only through NewEgg.ca at that.

But even so, with any online retailer, I personally assume any delivery day ranges are always in business days. If I get it sooner? Bonus! It's always been that way with online retailers in Canada and the US.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

10 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

Agreed - I'm not sure how they show things either - I only order from NewEgg very rarely, and only through NewEgg.ca at that.

But even so, with any online retailer, I personally assume any delivery day ranges are always in business days. If I get it sooner? Bonus! It's always been that way with online retailers in Canada and the US.

12 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

I've confirmed it specifies "business days" when selecting delivery method.

newegg_delivery.png.70ff326f4740a66cb0ad1a677c071b64.png

-KuJoe

5 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

newegg_ship_date.png.33f240974f2ae7926f92b934ac536563.png\

Well, the ETA is more or less clearly stated.

I could try this again on Friday. And really all Rush Ordering means is they will give the product to the courier on the same business day you've ordered (by 1PM). But generally, as long as you're not ordering on a busy time of the year, any order you place early enough in the day it will ship out by COB.

The other thing is that NewEgg only specified an Estimated arrival. It did not say they will guarantee it will arrive at that time. So I find it silly to get upset about the date being missed by say one or maybe two days. However, if they said they would guarantee the delivery, then you are entitled to complain if said item does not deliver at that time.

I mean, take a look at Amazon, they actually say Guaranteed delivery date (if you order within some time).

amazon_delivery.png.02595a21d44232fd3cc6a9308e6dbae0.png

So yeah. Wording. If you absolutely positively must get it by the day you want it, buy from Amazon.

Also it's prudent before you hit the "order" button to review everything to make sure it's what you want.

Also keep in mind: shipping time does not start until the courier has the product.

So if the store is sloppy and doesn't give the item to the courier for say a day or two, it will be a day or two "late" assuming the courier delivers within the shipping method used.

I ordered 2-4 days for an extra $11cad at a British store on late Sunday, so that is their Monday morning or 9 hours ahead.

I should be recieving it by tomorrow or friday.

Then if it goes well, I will order from them again. If not I will not be ordering from them again.

Then I can lace up my rim into a motor and cruise around the city with ease and comfort.

Did you know, when you do rush processing , your item gets to travel across the factory in a blue bin. 

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list