Stock shares

Nahhan529

@LinusTech so I have a random question,
I've recently gotten into the stock market game here in the US, and the first company comes to my mind that I would like to invest into is your company but I don't know if Canada has a stock market and if you are open for stock shares. I also don't know if I can invest in stock shares of a different country.

Linus Media Group is not a publicly traded company.  (Why would anyone think it was?)

...If you need to ask on a forum to learn that a company isn't even publicly traded, playing the stock market, something that requires financial understanding and research skills, maybe something you should reconsider and back out of...

invest in nvidia

shit is at 149 right now but was at 30 last year

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

what you need to ask is why has a business listed publicly?

This question is really important because it relfect on what you gain.

1. Typically they list in order to raise cash to grow.

2. Sometimes companies list just so the initial investors can cash in.

#1 is preferential because it means when they have reached their goal you will profit

#2 is to be avoided. look at facebook's IPO. People were flipping stocks all night and in the morning like a typical tech stock with no real assets it crashed below the IPO. That is when you buy, on the crash, but you have to be aware that tech stocks rarely go past their IPO level and they do not pay good dividends.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

13 minutes ago, SCHISCHKA said:

what you need to ask is why has a business listed publicly?

This question is really important because it relfect on what you gain.

1. Typically they list in order to raise cash to grow.

2. Sometimes companies list just so the initial investors can cash in.

#1 is preferential because it means when they have reached their goal you will profit

#2 is to be avoided. look at facebook's IPO. People were flipping stocks all night and in the morning like a typical tech stock with no real assets it crashed below the IPO. That is when you buy, on the crash, but you have to be aware that tech stocks rarely go past their IPO level and they do not pay good dividends.

Thanks for this info, I just start to research about stocks like a few days go. I'm learning allot, I have a friend helping me allot with it.

41 minutes ago, Nahhan529 said:

I've recently gotten into the stock market game here in the US, and the first company comes to my mind that I would like to invest into is your company but I don't know if Canada has a stock market and if you are open for stock shares. I also don't know if I can invest in stock shares of a different country.

Of course Canada has a stock market, its the TSX!

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

1 hour ago, Nahhan529 said:

You have so much to learn, you dont even know the basics.

39 minutes ago, JDE said:

Of course Canada has a stock market, its the TSX!

Canada has many many stock markets, not just the TSX.

48 minutes ago, Nahhan529 said:

Thanks for this info, I just start to research about stocks like a few days go. I'm learning allot, I have a friend helping me allot with it.

The anglo-saxon world & china are in a housing bubble. Basically we are seeing the effect of china entering the WTO and flooding the world with cash. China is doing its thing and doing it quite well. UK, Canada, Australia and NZ has a real potential to see market crash in the next two years. USA doesnt have such a big bubble and the president is very aware of external pressure, he was quite open about it during the election. The wall isnt just about mexicans. I don't know if you have a mortgage. Interest rates have been too low for too long; as it rises you will see the market crash. What im doing is paying the min payments on my debt and buying gold. When the market crashes taking my net worth with it, ill cash in my gold which will be worth more because gold value increases in a market crash.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

6 minutes ago, yathis said:

You have so much to learn, you dont even know the basics.

got to start somewhere. this is the age of knowledge. all you need is to ask questions. the only dumb question is the one that was never asked.

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

1 minute ago, SCHISCHKA said:

The anglo-saxon world & china are in a housing bubble. Basically we are seeing the effect of china entering the WTO and flooding the world with cash. China is doing its thing and doing it quite well. UK, Canada, Australia and NZ has a real potential to see market crash in the next two years. USA doesnt have such a big bubble and the president is very aware of external pressure, he was quite open about it during the election. The wall isnt just about mexicans. I don't know if you have a mortgage. Interest rates have been too low for too long; as it rises you will see the market crash. What im doing is paying the min payments on my debt and buying gold. When the market crashes taking my net worth with it, ill cash in my gold which will be worth more because gold value increases in a market crash.

Too much Zero Hedge, bro.

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

3 hours ago, Nahhan529 said:

Little hint: Start low. You need capital to invest into stocks. Easiest way is to buy mass of really cheap, small company stock. You can use tech companies if you feel like knowing the field. To actually make money with those small ones you need to constantly watch how they move and invest in companies which have potential for breaking.

When you gain more capital, you can move for medium to large companies where price per stock is also higher. They rarely move so much in short timespans, thats why its called investment. But they also give something back to investors if year has gone well.

Usually its not worth to get <10-50 shares of anything. You tend to pay for fees more than what shares are really worth.

And then there's always risk of prices dropping. I've lost over €1k because I invested into metals just before prices went crashing down. Lucky for me it was long-term investment with money-back policy so I got 2/3 of investment back after 5 years of waiting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

16 hours ago, SCHISCHKA said:

got to start somewhere. this is the age of knowledge. all you need is to ask questions. the only dumb question is the one that was never asked.

You best go to a trading forum then a bunch of geeks living in mommies basement type forum.