Linus` x299 criticism all over in the german news.

Just now, Sauron said:

You mean german blogs

no. these are not only blogs. they release their own magazines and pcgameshardware is there as long as the modern form of the internet exists

10 minutes ago, Sauron said:

You mean german blogs

thats a mistake many people do make. not considering internet sources as real news is as if you would say :

"the internet is new to us all" or "the internet is to new for us to understand" as relevant german politicians often say. it is just totally outdated, it is unworldly

3 minutes ago, spartanvi said:

I was surprised to see this made it to [H]ard|OCP news as well. Safe to say Linus caused some ripples with his opinion. If I were to guage the general consensus, he's not in the minority with his assessment. 

what the hell means hardopc? excuse me for my maybe stupid sounding question but i am a native german. many times i just dont understand the stuff people are writing here.

7 minutes ago, spartanvi said:

I was surprised to see this made it to [H]ard|OCP news as well. Safe to say Linus caused some ripples with his opinion. If I were to guage the general consensus, he's not in the minority with his assessment. 

btw. the x299 platform is totally confusing, and all this add on to use features other boards have for years stuff will make the platform flop. and the high pricing will do its job to. and there will be high  prices anyway

Edited by luegnicl
just dumbass spelling mistakes.

5 minutes ago, luegnicl said:

what the hell means hardopc? excuse me for my maybe stupid sounding question but i am a native german. many times i just dont understand the stuff people are writing here.

uhhh i got it. just ignore that

1 hour ago, luegnicl said:

thats a mistake many people do make. not considering internet sources as real news is as if you would say :

"the internet is new to us all" or "the internet is to new for us to understand" as relevant german politicians often say. it is just totally outdated, it is unworldly

The problem is that on the internet anyone can make a website and churn out articles much faster at a much lower cost than a newspaper or news network generally could. Therefore, alongside legit news we get semi-irrelevant stuff or clickbait nonsense. It's not that facts are less factual on the internet, there's just a lot more junk inbetween them.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I wrote a blog on my website before the launch based on leaks for both X299(i have written about 12 cores as I didn't know about the cutdown Xeons) and X399 

and after the launch i did update about them xeon i9s  / the problem with 44/28 PCIe configs and YES i did mention linus's Video as an extern link (Ps : i also mentioned my fav forums)

And if you wathed his video, you know why.

Intel i9 CPUs just don't make a lot of sense.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

16 hours ago, Simon771 said:

And if you wathed his video, you know why.

Intel i9 CPUs just don't make a lot of sense.

not the i9. it is the whole platform. it is to complicated and to "modular", and there is to much hidden cost

22 hours ago, Sauron said:

The problem is that on the internet anyone can make a website and churn out articles much faster at a much lower cost than a newspaper or news network generally could. Therefore, alongside legit news we get semi-irrelevant stuff or clickbait nonsense. It's not that facts are less factual on the internet, there's just a lot more junk inbetween them.

yes. but most people dont see the point. most of the most relevant youtubers in germany are still caled "internet starlets"

im not going to get the x299 for lots of reasons but just heard a new one to add, that i hate windows 10 but thats all the new boards support, no 8.1 or my fav 7 so thanks but no thanks you can keep that crap fanboys, ill stay with the x99 for sure 

Also skipping X299, but to be fair I'd skip X399 and everything else that comes out within the next 1-2 years (perhaps more) assuming my Skylake i7 still cuts the cheddar in my workloads. But if I were to recommend or build a net new machine for friends/family, 90% sure it will be a Ryzen machine. 

11 hours ago, Nickathom said:

x299 is pathetic. its dead and it isnt even out. only the most ELITE intel fanboys will consider buying it

The only sensible option is their 8 core one caise it has more pcie and quad channel mem support

Please quote me so that I know that you have replied unless it is my own topic.

6 hours ago, Ezio Auditore said:

The only sensible option is their 8 core one caise it has more pcie and quad channel mem support

yeah, but hopefully threadripper is a lot cheaper

13700k, 3070, 32GB@3200

That video, Lol.. Sensationalizing at its finest. I found it to be over the top. His videos of late have been nothing short of awful tbqh. Clickbait subjects more or less. Just look at the thumbnails he's using in order to rake in views. Plus, saturating the market is nothing new: just look at all the Mercedes classes now (everything from their entry level c-class to the SLS-AMG).There's no need for the melodramatic/melancholy in tech videos. I truly wonder if he's running out of ideas. You don't have to pump out content every day. Quality > quantity.

And this guy on here suggesting that x299 is already dead *facepalm*. Sure, it may be pathetic. However, there's always a market for something (no matter how niche/ridiculous the prices are).

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)

I'll be impressed when he is the cover for PC Magazine :P

Jokes aside, LTT really is relevant on today's PC enthusiastic market, which is nice since their forum is really good especially compared to the "competition".

That video was nice too, like the kind we haven't had in a while, spoke true.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

1 minute ago, Princess Cadence said:

That video was nice too, like the kind we haven't had in a while, spoke true.

Yeah really was happy to see a linus video that didn't feel like it was all about click baiting

Also really like the Jay2C video he did on the same topic. 

Redstone:
i7-4770 / Z97 / GTX 980 / Corsair 16GB  / H90 / 400C / Antec EDGE / Neutron GTX240 / Intel 240Gb / WD 2TB / BenQ XL24

Obsidian:

MSI GE60 2PE i7-4700HQ / 860M / 12GB / WE 1TB / m.Sata 256gb/Elagto USB HD Capture Card

Razer Deathadder Chroma / Razer Blackwidow TE Chroma / Kingston Cloud2's / Sennheiser 429 / Logitech Z333

8 minutes ago, Not_Sean said:

Yeah really was happy to see a linus video that didn't feel like it was all about click baiting

Also really like the Jay2C video he did on the same topic. 

Because he's appealing to the masses aka sheep?

i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz |:| Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H |:| Noctua NH-D14 |:| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti XE |:| G.Skill 8GB 1600 |:| Samsung EVO 250GB |:| WD Caviar Blue 1TB |:| XFX 750W BE |:| Corsair 450D |:|
ASUS PG348Q |:| Moon Neo 230HAD Dac/Amp |:| Sennheiser HD 800 |:| Logitech G900 |:| Ducky Premier (MX-Reds)