Sony keeping it classy

TopWargamer

bth_KneeSlapper.gif

wtb PC gaming master race paraphernalia

I remember that movie... that was funny as sh*t

Back to the point, damn sony, so true yet so... acidic xD

A higher price would mean a much LOWER audience. There is absolutely no way the console market can support expensive systems. You can't say "They need to buck up" because that isn't a viable option for most people. It's really simple economics at play here. The worldwide economy is still not terribly hot and both companies need these consoles to be a success. MS's Xbox division is still bleeding a few billion dollars a year and Sony is pretty much putting ALL of their hopes on the PS4. If the PS4 is a huge commercial failure Sony will be in deep trouble. Neither company can really afford to have their consoles be massive failures. They both have billions of dollars invested in them.

It is true though, to be 'future proof' and present proof, the consoles need to preform better and provide and better experience. I actually think that most people would still buy the consoles even if they cost a bit more, even PC players would consider an xbox if it came with windows 8 full edition, decent specs, media pc features, and an overall experience that can please them. instead of selling the console at a loss they need to make a profit while providing a better overall experience. The only way they can do that is if work some magic or raise the price a bit. btw no need to tutor me in economics thank you, I understand perfectly well what is going on.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

"PS4 is so fast, it gets higher than 60fps in COD: Ghost, truly next generation computing."

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

Know what I say to that? Why settle for 1080p when my games play at 1440p.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

It is true though, to be 'future proof' and present proof, the consoles need to preform better and provide and better experience. I actually think that most people would still buy the consoles even if they cost a bit more, even PC players would consider an xbox if it came with windows 8 full edition, decent specs, media pc features, and an overall experience that can please them. instead of selling the console at a loss they need to make a profit while providing a better overall experience. The only way they can do that is if work some magic or raise the price a bit. btw no need to tutor me in economics thank you, I understand perfectly well what is going on

So what you're saying is, if the Xbox One were a PC, PC gamers would buy it? First of all, then the Xbox One would be a PC, but more importantly PC gamers probably wouldn't buy it because they've already got more powerful machines or can obtain them at a lower cost.

o3Exb.gif

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

So what you're saying is, if the Xbox One were a PC, PC gamers would buy it? First of all, then the Xbox One would be a PC, but more importantly PC gamers probably wouldn't buy it because they've already got more powerful machines or can obtain them at a lower cost.

its called having optimizations. and since it is a media PC as well, it comes at a good price. an all in one package. hassle free with xbox exclusives such as halo and forza. sounds like a good deal to me for $600-$700. its meant for the living room. I m pretty sure most gamers dont have thier 'most powerful' pc's sitting in the living room. yes I am saying that it would then hold a certain appeal to PC gamers because it maintains PC performance and usability but includes more features.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Sony are cocky bastards. On the back of the PS4 box it says "The best place to play". Yeah right.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

Bitch please...

Why settle for 1080p @ 30FPS when you can go up to 4K @ 60FPS and beyond on PC.

Exactly my thought!!

AMD FX 8320@ Stock - Asus M5A99X Evo R2.0 - Kingston HyperX 8GB 1600Mhz - Corsair Carbide 200R - Powercolor Radeon HD 7950 PCS+OC@970Mhz core 1400Mhz memory - Corsair CS650W - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 
LG 22EA53VQ 21.5" - CM Storm Xornet - CM Storm Quickfire TK - Creative Inspire T3130 2.1

Microsoft should be like: "Why settle for a Camera when the Xbox One supports the Kinect natively?"

But then again, I guess no one would care...

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

Microsoft should be like: "Why settle for a Camera when the Xbox One supports the Kinect natively?"

But then again, I guess no one would care...

no... Microsoft is abit more mature than that. its Family Entertainment system V Gaming console with internet.

Character artist in the Games industry.

soo microsoft congratulates sony on their ps4 launch, and sony comes with this, way to keep it classy <_<

Intel i5 4670K | Asus z97 Deluxe | MSI GTX 1060 (6GB) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance |

120GB Samsung EVO - 480GB OCZ Solid III - 1.5TB Seagate Barracuda  | Corsair AX760

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate | Razer Ouroboros

It feels just like the epeen days of SNES vs Genesis only this time there's a load of BS that comes with each console...

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

It is true though, to be 'future proof' and present proof, the consoles need to preform better and provide and better experience. I actually think that most people would still buy the consoles even if they cost a bit more, even PC players would consider an xbox if it came with windows 8 full edition, decent specs, media pc features, and an overall experience that can please them. instead of selling the console at a loss they need to make a profit while providing a better overall experience. The only way they can do that is if work some magic or raise the price a bit. btw no need to tutor me in economics thank you, I understand perfectly well what is going on.

Consoles have never and will never be "future proof". Consoles (and even PCs) are supposed to get outdated so they force the market to keep buying. If they didn't they would saturate the market and make very little to no more sales. In addition, no company wants to be known as the "you'll need to buy several of these with no upgrades throughout your life". At the $600-700 mark, many would buy PC's instead - you can do a ton more with a PC and constantly upgrade the components cheaply as needed (granted a lot of the general population don't want to). If you added a XBONE console/PC at that price, are you going to have or mandate price upgrades when new OS's come out - and therefore when one is required you can no longer play your games? All this would do is say to the consoles "Now, instead of competing against 1-2 (maybe 3) competitors, you're now in a market with 1,000's of competitors - GG!"

The difference between 900p and 1080p is so minimal that it really doesn't matter. The best AAA games on both consoles (Forza and Killzone) are 1080/60.

It actually makes a heap of difference, because native screen resolution will always look better than non-native. Most televisions... Well, ALL televisions these days short of 4K are in fact 1080p native. Even a better resolution than 1080p will look worse than 1080p on a 1080p TV.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

It actually makes a heap of difference, because native screen resolution will always look better than non-native. Most televisions... Well, ALL televisions these days short of 4K are in fact 1080p native. Even a better resolution than 1080p will look worse than 1080p on a 1080p TV.

Native will always look better but how much depends on the TV and how extreme the difference is. Even my cheap Proscan 1080p TV can do 720p decently. As long they stick to a 16:9 format it won't be a huge difference in a majority of cases.

PC: Aw, you do 1080p at 60fps? That's adorable -- we've been doing that for years and heading towards 1440p on 120Hz monitors and beyond, maybe some day.

pc_master_race_by_thewarrises-d5gmwti.jp

Consoles have never and will never be "future proof". Consoles (and even PCs) are supposed to get outdated so they force the market to keep buying. If they didn't they would saturate the market and make very little to no more sales. In addition, no company wants to be known as the "you'll need to buy several of these with no upgrades throughout your life". At the $600-700 mark, many would buy PC's instead - you can do a ton more with a PC and constantly upgrade the components cheaply as needed (granted a lot of the general population don't want to). If you added a XBONE console/PC at that price, are you going to have or mandate price upgrades when new OS's come out - and therefore when one is required you can no longer play your games? All this would do is say to the consoles "Now, instead of competing against 1-2 (maybe 3) competitors, you're now in a market with 1,000's of competitors - GG!"

I would argue that "future proofing" is irrelevant for console gaming. The whole point of having a console is so that people can have a device to play video games and not have to worry about it. No matter what new game comes out, it is expected to run well. For us enthusiasts who enjoy tinkering, we use PC's, each of which is differently spec'd which is why developers cannot have a standard to make sure it runs well on. That is why when a game gets more detailed and feature-full, newer hardware is required and there are no guarantees. On the console, newer games are optimized to have a good performance to quality and are guaranteed to run.

Delltopia

Case & Mobo: Stock Dell Optiplex 7010, CPU: i5 3470, RAM: 16gb 1333 DDR3 (1x8gb Corsair Vengence, 2x4gb Random), GPU: Diamond Radeon HD 7970,

PSU: EVGA GQ 650W, SSD: Kingston v300 128gb (OS), HDD: 700gb Seagate 7200rpm (Storage)

ALMOST (and not at ultra or high settings).

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3