NEED HELP WITH NEW GTX 1080

josh_27

So i just helped my friend build a pc yesterday and its cpu is Ryzen 1500x and ofcourse the gpu is the Gigabyte g1 1080. At first his framerate on csgo (1024x768, everything on lowest possible) was 285fps(which is around the cap) so it was quite good but today it cant push even beyond 180 fps. Even tho 180fps is more than enough for csgo, this card should be able to max out this game on 1080p and max fps let alone 1024x768. i asked him to run hwmonitor and all his temps were good for both gpu and cpu. i asked him to run unigine valley on ultra with no fxaa and ambient occlusion and he only got 110 fps max and dropped to low 60's to 50 fps. I checked everything for him already and i cant figure out the problem. Even asked him to rollback the drivers and everything but it didnt work. Please, need urgent help.

Use DDU to uninstall the driver, download the latest one from nvidia and install that.

Test it again, report results here.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

19 minutes ago, samcool55 said:

Use DDU to uninstall the driver, download the latest one from nvidia and install that.

Test it again, report results here.

just asked him to do that and there is no difference in performance.. any other solutions? 

If you are on Windows 10 then disable GameBar and GameDVR in the Windows settings, also do this:

Open Registry Editor (Run > regedit)

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

Set the value of DWORD "GameDVR_Enabled" to 0

Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\

Create key "GameDVR".

Create DWORD 32bit called "AllowGameDVR" and set to 0

Restart your computer.

Also, try to verify the integrity of the game trough Steam.

20 minutes ago, josh_27 said:

just asked him to do that and there is no difference in performance.. any other solutions? 

Whats his psu?

Also if you're 100% sure it worked a few days ago, try restoring windows to that moment.

its a corsair cx650 if im not wrong