A mammoth reason to not even consider purchasing a Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Neptune W Liquid-cooled Graphics Card

EnergyEclipse

Have you recently been pondering on whether or not to get a Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Neptune W Liquid-cooled Graphics Card?

Well now you will no longer.

So I recently stumbled upon this, https://www.amazon.co.uk/Auoker-Liquid-Performance-Frostflow-Cooling/dp/B01H33DNW8 & this http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/7438/id-cooling-frostflow-240l-cpu-liquid-cooler-review/index.html

An sealed loop all in one liquid cooler by none existent company, Auoker. Whom are in fact a distributor of what appears to be originally an ID Cooling product. Despite this sudden wonder as to of whom manufacturer the  AIO now,

I left the thought aside and then later saw this:

Now if we zoom in on the fans on both the GPU & AIO, have a moment of deja vu as you realise in fact, they appear to be the exact same. As with the tubing..

Therefore meaning it is unknown as to of whom actually manufactures the one on the card and the AIOs, as it must not be by Colorful considering the AIO has been around for quite some time. And it is rather funny as of how Colorful has not spoke of the specifications of the radiator/pump/anything at all...

So what do you think?

-EnergyEclipse

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

3 minutes ago, cj09beira said:

:o Now this makes things interesting!

Thank you heavily for this, as this can help clarify to whom is the original manufacturer of the loop. 

Now the thing is though, there must be some kind of custom block on the GPU or a kind of mechanism allowing for it to be mounted to the GPU, as like something of an NZXT Kraken adapter. Maybe that is why you can hardly see any of the actual card beneath that peculiar shell to which lays upon it?

May I include of this in my main article please?

-EnergyEclipse

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

:o Now this makes things interesting! Thank you heavily for this, as this can help clarify to whom is the original manufacturer of the loop. 

-EnergyEclipse

go ahead 

1 minute ago, EnergyEclipse said:

:o Now this makes things interesting! Thank you heavily for this, as this can help clarify to whom is the original manufacturer of the loop. 

-EnergyEclipse

Thing is, a lot of AiOs on the market are just rebranded copies of Asetek loops. Could just be another Asetek loop.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

Thing is, a lot of AiOs on the market are just rebranded copies of Asetek loops. Could just be another Asetek loop.

I guess you never know, although I probably shouldn't mind that much I really want to get to the bottom of this, since Colorful doesn't have a great reputation anyway. Thanks for you input! :D

-EnergyEclipse

17 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Have you recently been pondering on whether or not to get a Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Neptune W Liquid-cooled Graphics Card?

--SNIP--

So what do you think?

-EnergyEclipse

No, I haven't been pondering this. What do I think? I think that no one should be purchasing top tier graphics cards like TITANs or GTX1080's because the price to performance curve is so flat that it's not worth the extra 10-15% increase in framerates. It's similar to people with 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th gen i5 or i7 K model Intel CPUs - there's no real reason to upgrade to a 7th gen CPU since you're only getting between 10-22.5% more performance out of it.

Please note that I'm talking about real-world general use performance and casual gaming sessions - obviously if you're computing Pi or rendering 3D models, your use case may warrant upgrading to the latest and greatest top tier hardware, even if the price to performance curve levels out, because you're in the minority where an additional 5 seconds saved per video render may allow you to render out an extra video per day for your job.

That being said, if you've got money burning a hole in your pocket, and would rather spend it on an overpriced top tier card rather than a night at the movies, a nice dinner date, or car parts, for example, then great - all the power to you and your expensive graphics card. :) 

9 minutes ago, cj09beira said:
17 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

Therefore meaning it is unknown as to of whom actually manufactures the one on the card and the AIO,

Um, it's not really unknown... Asetek has a patent on AiO liquid coolers preventing other manufacturer's from legally designing an AiO cooler without their input. Because of this, most AiO coolers are all very similar in design, because Asetek makes them for these manufacturers, who then mark them up a lot and throw their brand label on them.

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2017/asetek-and-fractal-design-partner-on-new-celsius-series/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2009/corsair-and-asetek-partner-to-bring-advanced-liquid-cooling-to-pc-consumers/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2013/asetek-liquid-cools-lenovo-s-foray-into-us-high-end-gaming-pc-market/

http://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/evga/evga-geforce-gtx-10-hybrid-series/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/blog/2011/waterchill-2011c-to-be-widely-available-via-partner/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2011/antec-and-asetek-unveil-new-partnership-create-next-generation-cpu-cooling-products/

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

6 minutes ago, kirashi said:

No, I haven't been pondering this. What do I think? I think that no one should be purchasing top tier graphics cards like TITANs or GTX1080's because the price to performance curve is so flat that it's not worth the extra 10-15% increase in framerates. It's similar to people with 3rd, 4th, 5th, or 6th gen i5 or i7 K model Intel CPUs - there's no real reason to upgrade to a 7th gen CPU since you're only getting between 10-22.5% more performance out of it.

Please note that I'm talking about real-world general use performance and casual gaming sessions - obviously if you're computing Pi or rendering 3D models, your use case may warrant upgrading to the latest and greatest top tier hardware, even if the price to performance curve levels out, because you're in the minority where an additional 5 seconds saved per video render may allow you to render out an extra video per day for your job.

Um, no? Asetek has a patent on AiO liquid coolers preventing other manufacturer's from legally designing an AiO cooler without their input. Because of this, most AiO coolers are all very similar in design, because Asetek makes them for these manufacturers, who then mark them up a lot and throw their brand label on them.

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2017/asetek-and-fractal-design-partner-on-new-celsius-series/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2009/corsair-and-asetek-partner-to-bring-advanced-liquid-cooling-to-pc-consumers/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2013/asetek-liquid-cools-lenovo-s-foray-into-us-high-end-gaming-pc-market/

http://www.asetek.com/desktop/do-it-yourself/evga/evga-geforce-gtx-10-hybrid-series/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/blog/2011/waterchill-2011c-to-be-widely-available-via-partner/

http://www.asetek.com/press-room/news/2011/antec-and-asetek-unveil-new-partnership-create-next-generation-cpu-cooling-products/

You confuse me, a thumbs up although I firstly was about to sincerely apologise for triggering you about my starting question xD

Meh.

Anyhow, none of your provided links provide relevant information surrounding this topic, as you did not actually show anything to do with the AIO itself, or what appears similar in design, although thank you for such provided links as such were not known to me as of previously.

Top end rant was to long so didn't read. Sarry :P 

Also I don't like the cinema, and I don't have a car... Nor do I often eat out.

So computer components seem like a logically suitable to invest within, since I can mod modify a car in Beamg drive, whilst watching a movie using Netflix, and later eat virtual food in VR.

So... xDDD

Kind regards,

-EnergyEclipse

You couldn't even get that card in the first place. 

It's pretty much exclusive to the Asian market. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DildorTheDecent said:

You couldn't even get that card in the first place. 

It's pretty much exclusive to the Asian market. 

Dang it! I guess I will have to call postman pat & my helicopter pilot to discuss plans on how to retrieve it.

I'm not funny .-.

9 minutes ago, EnergyEclipse said:

You confuse me, a thumbs up although I firstly was about to sincerely apologise for triggering you about my starting question xD

Anyhow, none of your provided links provide relevant information surrounding this topic, as you did not actually show anything to do with the AIO itself, or what appears similar in design, although thank you for such provided links as such were not known to me as of previously.

Top end rant was to long so didn't read. Sarry :P

No worries - I didn't mean to sound triggered. I thought you were asking what we thought about AiO coolers AND the 1080, and not just the cooler you linked to. Apologies good sir. TL;DR for the ranty paragraph is that GTX 1080's and TITAN's aren't worth the money for most people unless you have money lying around doing nothing.

My links are sort of relevant, as they're demonstrating that Asetek makes Corsair, Fractal, and other manufacturer's all in one liquid cooling units, despite what the brand name is. I'm willing to bet you a box of Tim Bits (Canadian Donut Holes) that both the Auoker and iColorful AiO coolers are either a) made by Asetek and rebranded, or b) direct clones in violation of Asetek's patents.

This time I'm serious about this bet, as I'm actually curious to know myself since I have a great interest in know who manufacturer's what products for other companies. Let me know if you find this information out. Then, if you're ever visiting a Tim Hortons, take a picture of a 20 pack of Timbits with your forum username written on the box and send it to me, and I'll reimburse you $4.50 CAD :) Or just use your helicopter to pickup the Tim Bits instead.

*costs for your helicopter will not be reimbursed - I'm not Linus and I cannot afford $6000 for a heli ride.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

16 minutes ago, kirashi said:

No worries - I didn't mean to sound triggered. I thought you were asking what we thought about AiO coolers AND the 1080, and not just the cooler you linked to. Apologies good sir. TL;DR for the ranty paragraph is that GTX 1080's and TITAN's aren't worth the money for most people unless you have money lying around doing nothing.

My links are sort of relevant, as they're demonstrating that Asetek makes Corsair, Fractal, and other manufacturer's all in one liquid cooling units, despite what the brand name is. I'm willing to bet you a box of Tim Bits (Canadian Donut Holes) that both the Auoker and iColorful AiO coolers are either a) made by Asetek and rebranded, or b) direct clones in violation of Asetek's patents.

This time I'm serious about this bet, as I'm actually curious to know myself since I have a great interest in know who manufacturer's what products for other companies. Let me know if you find this information out. Then, if you're ever visiting a Tim Hortons, take a picture of a 20 pack of Timbits with your forum username written on the box and send it to me, and I'll reimburse you $4.50 CAD :) Or just use your helicopter to pickup the Tim Bits instead.

*costs for your helicopter will not be reimbursed - I'm not Linus and I cannot afford $6000 for a heli ride.

My apologies as well for applying confusion.

Auoker actually appear to have been around within business for quite a long time, with me having justified shipping times on Amazon to the diminutive prices. 

As with there distributed products, violation I do see that as 'potentially', as further research founded there fans mirror image quite a few offerings from reputable brands here in the United Kingdom. Although there products don't appear as horrendous if at all when compared to most Ebay listings below a certain price. 

I do also take that bet xD I WANNA DONUNT!!! The kinda sound quite noice actually. Lemme go search for a supplier here...