Should i sell my new 7700k for a ryzen?

Go to solution Solved by PCGuy_5960,
7 hours ago, losyav said:
i7700k is a BIG FAIL 

Yeah, such a fail:

1080_All.png

1128cb - 220cb.jpg
BTW, in the game graph, the 7700K was running at stock.

I recently bought one 7700k which was in reduction ( a great price) but maintaining I reports me that I do not risk to be able to change to change of pc, in at least, 5-6 years. What brings me has to ask me this question: should I resell it 7700k and buy a ryzen 7 1700, knowing that I make mainly of the gaming and the coding, and I go can be in the future to use heavy software adobe ). Thank you :)

1 minute ago, MrVint said:

I recently bought one 7700k which was in reduction ( a great price) but maintaining I reports me that I do not risk to be able to change to change of pc, in at least, 5-6 years. What brings me has to ask me this question: should I resell it 7700k and buy a ryzen 7 1700, knowing that I make mainly of the gaming and the coding, and I go can be in the future to use heavy software adobe ). Thank you :)

No hell no.

NO!

Like, that would be crazy .-.

The 7700K is much better for gaming out of the box and if you are planning to upgrade whatever it is that you need for heavy workloads, either get the upcoming "Threadripper" or stick with that.

Groomlake Authority

Nah I'd say keep it.

The 7700k is still a godlike chip, you'll do fine on it tbh. Going for Ryzen when you already have it will basically be a waste IMO.

3 minutes ago, MrVint said:

Check the prices for MB+CPU combo and if you dont have memory with 3200 MHz then throw that in. If you see its worth the price then sell it, if you dont then keep it.

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

1 minute ago, domandric034 said:

Check the prices for MB+CPU combo and if you dont have memory with 3200 MHz then throw that in. If you see its worth the price then sell it, if you dont then keep it.

So, i take 3200 mhz ddr4 with my 7700k or resell it and take ryzen  ?:) 

Just now, MrVint said:

So, i take 3200 mhz ddr4 with my 7700k or resell it and take ryzen  ?:) 

Your decision

My Rig : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MTBd2R

My VM Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rPR6gL

My Backup Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/cRQYYr

My Storage Server : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tzzR9W

My Router : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bMPN4C

My Laptop : Lenovo Z575 with 6 GB RAM (1866 MHz), Crucial MX300 525 GB & Western Digital 2 TB (Removed optical drive)

10 minutes ago, MrVint said:

No. High temps? Get water cooling or good air cooling. Temps are not a direct result of overclocking but a collective result of your case and cooling set up as well.

Intel is stupid when they announced that. 6700K can get just as hot at the same frequencies. I overclocked my HTC with absolutely no regard to temps. It still works.

Just now, H0R53 said:

No. High temps? Get water cooling or good air cooling. Temps are not a direct result of overclocking but a collective result of your case and cooling set up as well.

Intel is stupid when they announced that. 6700K can get just as hot at the same frequencies. I overclocked my HTC with absolutely no regard to temps. It still works.

Should i stay with my 7700k or should i go for ryzen r7 ? I am a little bit vague now :)

2 minutes ago, losyav said:

i7700k is a big fail

if you want intel go for i7 6700k

sigh, this is a non issue for people with actual cooling, fan curves and manual voltage.

or you could just Delid.

At the moment I have only 7700k, thus it is better than I resell him or that I keep him? :)

3 minutes ago, TrigrH said:

no CPU will last 5-6 and stay on top, just keep what you have.

okey thks dude :)

hell no 

if you have i5 7600k maybe if you are into editing or you play a lot of CPU bound games but for this beast, you have hell NO !!

2 hours ago, losyav said:

hothardware.com

Recently, it has been reported that many customers have noted that the processors are kicking themselves into overdrive and are reaching temperatures of up to 90℃ (194°F). Intel claims that i7-7700 will run at temperatures up to 100°C (212°F). However, some customers claim that the temperature spikes are occurring even despite the use of liquid cooling set-ups.

i7700k is a BIG FAIL 

I feel you man hahahaha

you bought the i7700k and now you cant return it hahahaha

Mix of faulty processors and idiots delidding and having massive OCs and complaining. 

Intels response was shitty to it, but there's no reason to go out and say 'BIG FAIL' when it affects <10k users. 

I could say 'BIG FAIL' to Ryzen's high speed memory issues, ASUS having the CH6 brick itself, MSI's performance issues and countless other issues. I could say 'BIG FAIL' to a lot of issues with modern hardware. 

Now stop making a fucking storm in a teacup. 

idk

5 hours ago, losyav said:

hothardware.com

Recently, it has been reported that many customers have noted that the processors are kicking themselves into overdrive and are reaching temperatures of up to 90℃ (194°F). Intel claims that i7-7700 will run at temperatures up to 100°C (212°F). However, some customers claim that the temperature spikes are occurring even despite the use of liquid cooling set-ups.

i7700k is a BIG FAIL 

I feel you man hahahaha

you bought the i7700k and now you cant return it hahahaha

I just looked back through your post history.  I can't say with any confidence that you know much about any of stuff you're saying.  Most of the help threads that you start make me think you have a very basic understanding of PCs.  

Instead of "you bought the i7700k and now you cant return it hahahaha", I think this is more of a case of you owning a 6700k and justifying to yourself that there is no need to upgrade to a 7700k.  Nothing wrong with that, just don't try so hard.

Anytime you want to pit your 6700k up against my supposed "fail" of a 7700k, let me know.  

Until then, why don't you stop parroting the same shit in all of your posts?  You've literally been going from thread to thread repeating the exact some old stuff about the 7700k.  

3 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

You've literally been going from thread to thread repeating the exact some old stuff about the 7700k.  

" Intel claims that i7-7700 will run at temperatures up to 100°C (212°F)."

My i7 7700 using Intel's TS15A never gets hotter than 62Cº on full load.... I don't really understand where this person is coming from lol

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, MrVint said:

Should i stay with my 7700k or should i go for ryzen r7 ? I am a little bit vague now :)

Keep the i7 7700k, if you were going to shop new I would advise the r7 1700 as I feel it offers more for its cost but trade one for the other is completely pointless and this processor is definitely "surviving" 5 years

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

6 hours ago, losyav said:

why no ?

i7700k is intel biggest fail

according to intel :

Intel tells Core i7-7700K owners to stop overclocking to avoid high temps

pcgamer.com

Some owners of Intel's Core i7-7700 and 7700K processors have been complaining for the past three months of unusual temperature increases. According to user accounts, temps sometimes spike up to 90C, close to the Core i7-7700's maximum 100C threshold

That doesn't mean it's wise to go for a Ryzen build when it's mostly a sidegrade, and downgrade at worst for gaming. Also, Intel's biggest fail? I doubt that highly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

7 hours ago, losyav said:
i7700k is a BIG FAIL 

Yeah, such a fail:

1080_All.png

1128cb - 220cb.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

1 minute ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

Yeah, such a fail:

1080_All.png

1128cb - 220cb.jpg

It was ironical i hope :') . What is the Mobo used for the cinebench benchmark ? :) 

Just now, MrVint said:

It was ironical i hope :') . What is the Mobo used for the cinebench benchmark ? :) 

Of course it was irony. Idk which board was used, this is @done12many2's score and the CPU was cooled with a stock intel cooler :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Just now, PCGuy_5960 said:

Of course it was irony. Idk which board was used, this is @done12many2's score and the CPU was cooled with a stock intel cooler :P

Wow O.O, Thks guy !!!! :) 

1 minute ago, MrVint said:

Wow O.O, Thks guy !!!! :) 

And some Adobe benchmarks:

pic_disp.php?id=42028&width=800&height=8

pic_disp.php?id=42012&width=800&height=8

pic_disp.php?id=41990&width=800&height=8

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

And some Adobe benchmarks:

I adore you!! It is exactly what I needed! Thank you very much:D