why wont my flight controller work with cleanflight?

Legolessed

i have this board https://www.banggood.com/LUX-32-bit-Processor-Flight-Controller-Support-PPM-or-Serial-RX-For-Multirotor-Racing-p-1060964.html?rmmds=myorder and i have tried cleanflight 1.2.4 and 2.0 and cleanflight 2 says board is on old firmware but cleanflight 1.4 gives the error no configuration recieved withing 10 seconds communication failed. what do i do!

Have you flashed the latest rev? Also consider that the hot stuff nowadays is betaflight (cleanflight's successor)

Quote or tag if you want me to answer! PM me if you are in a real hurry!

Why do Java developers wear glasses? Because they can't C#!

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-Processor: i5 6600k @4.6GHz

-Graphics: GTX1060 6GB G1 Gaming

-RAM: 2x8GB HyperX DDR4 2133MHz

-Motherboard: Asus Z170-A

-Cooler: Corsair H100i

-PSU: EVGA 650W 80+bronze

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-Processor: i7 3520M

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Graphics: intel iGPU :(

-Not even 1080p

11 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

Have you flashed the latest rev? Also consider that the hot stuff nowadays is betaflight (cleanflight's successor)

I don't really want to flash it. It should work with clean flight and it doesn't. Unless it's my USB cable. I forgot to check if my USB does data transfer, I'm almost certain it does though. Do I have to use clean flight to do an arm test with the motors? Is there some default control setup?

Flashing means loading firmware to the board, and we do it to be sure that we are running the correct version and not whatever the Chinese decided to put in it. If the board already come with some version of clean flight, I believe by default you can arm the motors by holding the yaw all the way to the right. Still, it is always a good idea to run the latest firmware either way.

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

K number 1, that's a clone of the lumenier Lux v1 board. Rip. 2. Cleanflight is trash compared to Betaflight. There's literally no reason to run cleanflight. It's a heavier firmware, it doesn't fly as well, and it's not as feature rich. 3. Are you holding the boot loader button when you plug the board in? 4. Is the DFU port working properly? 

ASU

Oh also, it's possible the board is dead because it's a $14 piece of shit clone. Tim Nilson and the Lumenier guys work really hard on products like this, you're spitting in their face by buying clones. 

ASU

8 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

K number 1, that's a clone of the lumenier Lux v1 board. Rip. 2. Cleanflight is trash compared to Betaflight. There's literally no reason to run cleanflight. It's a heavier firmware, it doesn't fly as well, and it's not as feature rich. 3. Are you holding the boot loader button when you plug the board in? 4. Is the DFU port working properly? 

1) im aware 2) i tried flashing and it says failed to open serial port. 3) nope 4) no idea what the dfu port is. if its the micro usb than yes

Oh also, it's possible the board is dead because it's a $14 piece of shit clone. Tim Nilson and the Lumenier guys work really hard on products like this, you're spitting in their face by buying clones. 

theres this thing called being broke and i was going to get a naze32 and everyones said this one was way better. so i went with this one.

8 hours ago, dany_boy said:

Flashing means loading firmware to the board, and we do it to be sure that we are running the correct version and not whatever the Chinese decided to put in it. If the board already come with some version of clean flight, I believe by default you can arm the motors by holding the yaw all the way to the right. Still, it is always a good idea to run the latest firmware either way.

turns out i am a dumb, i forgot to test raceflight and guess what, thats what was on it. ok im probs going to install betaflight on it. thanks for the help

9 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

9 hours ago, dany_boy said:

now im faced with a new issue. in raceflight i changed a couple of settings and pressed the saev and reboot button. now when i plug my quad back in, the comm 3 port isnt there and only the blue light comes when i plug it in.

Just now, Legolessed said:

now im faced with a new issue. in raceflight i changed a couple of settings and pressed the saev and reboot button. now when i plug my quad back in, the comm 3 port isnt there and only the blue light comes when i plug it in.

Sorry mate, I have never used raceflight. Only Multi-wii (the good old days), cleanflight and betaflight. Additionally I have only used Naze32, kk2, flip32 and F3 boards. Sorry :/

My Machines:

The Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

-AOC 1080p ultrawide

My good old laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo T430

-4GB DDR3 1600MHz

-Not even 1080p

14 minutes ago, dany_boy said:

Sorry mate, I have never used raceflight. Only Multi-wii (the good old days), cleanflight and betaflight. Additionally I have only used Naze32, kk2, flip32 and F3 boards. Sorry :/

this is an f3 board. did i brick it?

Uh, race flight only works on the revolt flight controller. They had some beta builds for some boards, but I don't think the Lux was on that list. You have to hold the boot button when you plug the board in to flash firmware to get the board into DFU mode to flash. 

ASU

f

4 hours ago, Hackentosher said:

Uh, race flight only works on the revolt flight controller. They had some beta builds for some boards, but I don't think the Lux was on that list. You have to hold the boot button when you plug the board in to flash firmware to get the board into DFU mode to flash. 

tried that. its still wont recognize that i have a board plugged in. its like the board just died when i tried to reboot. i knew i should have just gotten something bnf. when you convinced me to build my own i thougght maybe for once i could do something and not miserably fail, but looks like i managed to screw everything up again. you see where i was coming at now?

4 minutes ago, Legolessed said:

f

tried that. its still wont recognize that i have a board plugged in. its like the board just died when i tried to reboot. i knew i should have just gotten something bnf. when you convinced me to build my own i thougght maybe for once i could do something and not miserably fail, but looks like i managed to screw everything up again. you see where i was coming at now?

We've all been there. Part of the issue is probably that you bought a crappy clone board. Get one of these, it's about the same price as a Naze 32 rev 6, but a hell of a lot better. http://pirofliprc.com/PyroDrone-HyperLite-F4-Flight-Controller_p_3463.html

ASU

27 minutes ago, Hackentosher said:

We've all been there. Part of the issue is probably that you bought a crappy clone board. Get one of these, it's about the same price as a Naze 32 rev 6, but a hell of a lot better. http://pirofliprc.com/PyroDrone-HyperLite-F4-Flight-Controller_p_3463.html

I honestly might just try and return all these parts and go back to building planes. I love RC planes and they fit into my budget better. Also I tend to have a lot better success with them. I may attempt a quad in the future but I've spent probably over 10 hours on this quad easily and I'm getting really sick of it. Thanks for all your help but I doubt I'm going to be able to fix my issue here and I'm not willing to go through this again. I might make a mini fpv flying wing or just put fpv on a wltoys f939.