DIY Ram Heatspreaders possible?

Hello Guys,I have some ugly looking DDR2 (400 and 667) Ram in my system,they look absolutely the most catchy in my/other systems,can I create some DIY Heatspreaders using items usually lying around in the house (art sheets,etc?)

Thanks

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

The point of a heat spreader is to spread heat so if you put some paper on it it could burn or melt due to the heat cause from the RAM and other components nearby

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The point of a heat spreader is to spread heat 

Actually, the point of a RAM heat spreader is to make it look good. It is not meant to improve thermals, that's pretty much irrelevant on RAM; it's only meant to make it look real nice.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

The point of a heat spreader is to spread heat so if you put some paper on it it could burn or melt due to the heat cause from the RAM and other components nearby

it won't burn or melt, nothing in a computer gets that hot

The heatspreaders are just for looks on most ram. Ram makes very little heat.

The Point of a heatspreader is to improve the Looks Of it,and buying heatspreaders online is probably more costly than the ram is

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Any Suggestion what should i make it out of?

Just now, Imakuni said:

Actually, the point of a RAM heat spreader is to make it look good. It is not meant to improve thermals, that's pretty much irrelevant on RAM; it's only meant to make it look real nice.

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

I would just like to point out that RAM modules during day to day applications produce very little heat. Overclocking them (XMP profiles and custom setups) Can however produce a lot of heat when under load. Most games don't rely on RAM to this level however, but some professional applications, and memory checks will push your memory very hard to the point that touching the ram heat spreader is very uncomfortable.

If you're going to use something for aesthetics, I would recommend that it isn't flammable.

2 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

My CPU does (Read my signature) ,but anyway im going to either replace the motherboard or diagnose what the problem is,it has a E6550,and i think OVERVOLTAGE by the crap generic motherboard in it making my E6550 a furnace.... :)

3 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

4 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

alright fair point, but still i am not sure how a sheet of paper inside would work, seems too flimsy

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

alright fair point, but still i am not sure how a sheet of paper inside would work, seems too flimsy

Foil?, xD

6 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

To add on to this, even if they did produce a lot of heat, there is so much adhesive between the RAM and heat spreaders that they don't actually do anything.  It's almost as thick as a stick of gum.

PS: If you decide to remove them, don't get lazy on your second one and only heat it up for 30 seconds. xD

20170319_141929.jpg

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

That is the real point,LOOKS

Is foil a good idea (i know im a idiot and probably will break something...)

1 minute ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

buying heatspreaders online is probably more costly than the ram is

Oh yeah?

2 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Still, if you want to do it just for the effort of trying, you could try a couple things:

1. Print a pattern / color / whatever on photo paper. Glue a bunch of sheets together (to add thinckness) and cut to size aftewards.
  2. The inside of a box of juice is kinda metalic-ish, should give a nice effect if you were to add some cellophane to it, or even just raw.
  3. Mirror paper, along with slices of the previous box juice solution (again, for thickness) could be an option as well.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

13 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Hello Guys,I have some ugly looking DDR2 (400 and 667) Ram in my system,they look absolutely the most catchy in my/other systems,can I create some DIY Heatspreaders using items usually lying around in the house (art sheets,etc?)

Thanks

wtf dude, this is a dell 530 case, judging by your sig,  why do you care lol? 

images.jpg.e171dc352eb48a204e2da31163b8d020.jpg

1 minute ago, Imakuni said:

This Ram im using is probably worth $2,and i dont even live in the US

7 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

You could go all modern-art on it and make them out of other RAM. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

Just now, deXxterlab97 said:

I know,but i might spray paint it Yellow and black,and put a X38,X48 Motherboard in it (ghetto modding mate) and make a Window'ed side panel.

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I never have a side panel on it,xD cuz how many issues i have with it

2 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

You could go all modern-art on it and make them out of other RAM. xD

...,the only other ram i have is SD-RAM,probably what i'll need for a machine i made a article for long ago,and had like 1 reply.One of the Sticks is probably dead,so...

I (will) like having cool looking RAM,I've never had some catchy ram

Spoiler

GeForce 8400 crap nonsense,2007 tech mate

31 minutes ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

tell that to my dom plats :P

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

Actually the heatsink on ddr1 and ddr2 are functional. Ddr3 and ddr4 not so much. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

4 minutes ago, Jumper118 said:

Actually the heatsink on ddr1 and ddr2 are functional. Ddr3 and ddr4 not so much. 

Simply anything i can make the heatspreaders from?

8 minutes ago, Gaurav S Rao said:

Simply anything i can make the heatspreaders from?

Aluminium or copper 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

1 minute ago, Jumper118 said:

Aluminium or copper 

Can't something in our houses be used? or is Copper and aluminium the only option