Bizarre Keyboard Review - Kinesis Advantage 2

4Th, don't be desperate

"Make it future proof for some years at least, don't buy "only slightly better" stuff that gets outdated 1 year, that's throwing money away" @pipoawas

-Frequencies DON'T represent everything and in many cases that is true (referring to Individual CPU Clocks).

Mention me if you want to summon me sooner or later

Spoiler

My head on 2019 :

Note 10, S10, Samsung becomes Apple, Zen 2, 3700X, Renegade X lol

I have one of the older Kinesis Advantage keyboards in black, the black models don't t have a lame finish.

It took me about six to eight weeks to get 100% used to typing on it. My main two issues were WASD and the thumb buttons. I switched to ESDF and Space and Enter with Backspace and Delete cleared up all gaming issues.

Oh, if you're using this for gaming, don't use it at an angle, you'll put weird strain on your pinky fingers, which can be quite painful. Keep it straight.

It's really good if you've got stubs where most people have fingers. To reach P and Q with my pinky fingers I have to straighten my whole hand. The same stretch reaches the 1 and 0 on the Advantage.

Switching to keypad is pretty annoying, especially if you forget that you've done it and start trying to type normally. I find that I usually watch the keypad when I type on it, and it's hard to watch the recessed keywells. Kinesis sells their own branded keypads for 40 bucks though.

Good review but the style is still to cringe 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

Linus getting into the sea of keyboards? Oh man.

Let's consider the "depth chart" for ergo keyboards:

• surface level: Microsoft ergo sculpted (the new one), Logitech ergo
  • Snorkel-able: The original Microsoft Natural series, μTRON. Kinesis Freestyle, Mistel Barocco.
  • SCUBA-gear: Microsoft Natural Elite (with its fantastic arrow cluster), Matias Ergo Pro, Goldtouch Adjustable
  • Deep-Dive tanks: TypeMatrix, VE.A, Axios, Atreus, LZ, Truly Ergonomic.
  • The Sky Is Dark: Diverge 3, Maltron, Kinesis Advantage
  • I need a flashlight: Atreus, Catboard, Keyboardio, keyboard Planet 6
  • Marianas Trench territory: Ergodox, Promethium51, Dactyl
  • Floor of the Marianas Trench: Datahand.

Linus needs to check out the Ergodox-EZ Shine for that RGB backlit ergo experience. $325 of HOT STEELY ERGONOMIC BACKLIT EXPERIENCE.

A plastic Mold and some key switches 309 USD???

First PC Build

CPU: i5 4690k  (4.7Ghz 1.36v)                                        MOBO: MSI z97 gaming 5

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 gaming x                  Case: NZXT s340 elite Black/Red

Storage: 1tb seagate SSHD, 240gb PNY ssd                    PSU: Corsair RM750X

Cooling:H100i V2 / Bequiet Fans

16GB Hyper X Fury Memory

Benched on CPUZ (Single-thread=2140) (Multi-Thread=8316)

Fire Strike 1.1=13660

Time Spy=5519

Cinebench R15 (CPU= 509cb) (OpenGL=118.28 FPS)

Unigine (Superposition 4k optimized=5581) (Heaven Extreme=120.6 FPS Score:3038) (Valley Extreme HD= 92.7 FPS Score:3879)

7 minutes ago, jet224presents said:

A plastic Mold and some key switches 309 USD???

Not to mention it is unpractical and ugly, frankly the idea of a "dedicated gaming keyboard" is stupid to me, just get a great keyboard that can do gaming and normal typing, imagine the hassle to switch keyboards every time you need to write or game... I already hate not having where to lay down my gamepad.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I think Ergonomic keyboards is a very interesting and rarely touched theme! I Feel this is an awesome topic for TTaran though, I remember he had battled with RSI, and he is very good at hands-on reviews! @TaranLMG

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

• 1 month later...

Was just wondering if anyone else noticed that these types of keyboards are used in the Men in Black film, images attached.

MIB Keyboard 2.PNG

MIB Keyboard.PNG

• 3 weeks later...

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my pre-ordered Keyboardio Model #01.  Jesse & Kaia Dekker have shared their design, build, and development experience on Twitter for the last 3 or 4 years.  They are calling it an heirloom quality ergonomic keyboard designed from scratch with in depth thought given to literally every single aspect of an input device.  It is finally beginning actual mass production.  You NEED to do the back story research and get your hands on one ASAP.   I believe it will be an amazing step up in keyboard development and revolutionary for individuals with keyboard related health issues.  This board has more things to talk about than any keyboard built to date.   It's going to be that good!