chrome using 48% of cpu

borisdarker

when i start up chrome it uses 46% of cup and it does not go back down. This is on my laptop with a i5-7200u

2 minutes ago, borisdarker said:

when i start up chrome it uses 46% of cup and it does not go back down. This is on my laptop with a i5-7200u

Is this Chrome with a fresh slate, or are you having it open up a bunch of other things too?

Also I believe Chrome separates tabs and itself in Task Manager, so you can probably see what's eating up your CPU if you go there.

3 minutes ago, FloRolf said:

How is this tech news and  reviews?  Can people pls start thinking? 

hes giving us news from his tech 

Depends on what you have open and how many tabs, I have 10 open at the moment, and it's about 6% on a i7 7700K (OC to 4.7Ghz)

Seems about right. On my suface pro 4 (has 6500u) The same thing happens on mine wth about 12 tabs open. It jumps up and down when loading other tabs. On idle i'm at 1.5 - 10% cpu use

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14