The Most Expensive Console Gaming Killer YET! - Zotac Magnus EN1080K Review

Can you REALLY pack a GTX 1080 and whole system water cooling into a package this small? Zotac thinks so!

Buy the Zotac EN1080K on Amazon: http://geni.us/Kx8w0Gu

Buy the Zotac EN1080K on Newegg: http://geni.us/hpruMM

Edited by GabenJr
How many line breaks do I need again?

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch

So... Gaben (kind of) works for LMG? LMG surely has made a name for themselves.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

1 minute ago, Bouzoo said:

So... Gaben (kind of) works for LMG? LMG surely has made a name for themselves.

sooooo...... HL3 confirmed ?? 

You know that shit is getting real when the PC case is so small that you can barely fit your socks and sandals in it.

So one can buy 1 of these or 6 PS4.

That's a difficult choice.

1 minute ago, Darth Revan said:

So one can buy 1 of these or 6 PS4.

That's a difficult choice.

What would you do with 6 PS4?

7 minutes ago, WereCat said:

What would you do with 6 PS4?

make it into a cluster 

Just now, WereCat said:

because you can, this pc is really stupid. i can make a much better pc in a v21 case for much less. 

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

because you can, this pc is really stupid. i can make a much better pc in a v21 case for much less. 

:D I never said that this PC makes perfect sense.

I would build much better PC with that money as well.

However, it makes more sense than 6 PS4 :D

scammers in youtube comments replies to the second comment is receiving a reply bot with your name and logo and it looks like the original is also trying to help out.

wow that was pretty fast good job.

Calls it "Console Killer" in video title

Costs $1700 USD

Yep... not a console killer.

A great little gaming PC though.

EDIT: The review itself is pretty good, but I gave the video a thumbs down for calling it a console killer, which is, well, impossible for a $1700 computer.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

IMO: " Seriously the term console killer is supposed to mean that it beats in performance and is comparable in price. I know your definition has always been in terms of having a similar size but "killing it on performance", but the cost is not at all comparable and that sucks. "

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

1 hour ago, Taf the Ghost said:

Audio in the "see Linus" part of the Tunnelbear Ad is out of sync.  Probably about .1 of second, but, well, you can see it.

I noticed that as well, and the hint pic for the video made me think this tiny thing would have an actual separate video card but as I saw it's all built in.

Am I the only one here who thinks he meant "Console killer" in terms of size, not price? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

As someone who lives in a small apartment where space is at a premium (I don't even have a desk in my home), I think I'm definitely going to purchase one of these and my wife will finally stop complaining about my desktop.

At under 6L, it is actually smaller than the Dan A4 SFX case and also won't require me to go out and purchase custom cables or a new air cooler (my current one would be too big for the Dan A4 SFX case). 

Unfortunately it isn't available in my country of residence - looks like I'll have to ask someone to mule it over.

10 hours ago, rn8686 said:

Am I the only one here who thinks he meant "Console killer" in terms of size, not price? 

The thing is... if that is the case it's "WRONG!tm". Console killer is typically meant for price; actually google "console killer", they all go for around $500, using it in this title is bastardizing the original meaning; imho. (Also works as click-bait, but we've beaten that particular horse to death).

But yeah I got they size that because it's not the first time Linus does this. Still "WRONG!tm".

Personal Rig:

[UPGRADE]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X    Mb: Gigabyte X570 Gaming X    RAM: 2x16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance Pro    GPU: Gigabyte NVIDIA RTX 3070    Case: Corsair 400D    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: Antec 850W 80+ Gold    Display(s): GAOO, 现代e窗, Samsung 4K TV

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / Garuda

[OLD]

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 @ 3.2 GHz    Mb: Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3    RAM: 2x4GB DDR4 GSKILL RIPJAWS 4    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960    Case: Aerocool PSG V2X Advance    Storage: INTEL SSDSCKJW120H6 M.2 120GB    PSU: EVGA 500W 80+ Bronce    Display(s): Samsung LS19B150

Cooling: Aerocool Shark White    Operating System(s): Windows 10 / Arch Linux / OpenSUSE

Have you seen how small/thin playstation slim is? or even Nintendo Switch? so hows that a console killer in terms of size anyway? 

7 hours ago, atrash said:

Have you seen how small/thin playstation slim is? or even Nintendo Switch? so hows that a console killer in terms of size anyway? 

To be fair, the Nintendo Switch is, to grossly oversimplify, an NVidia SHIELD Tablet at the hardware level with a custom Android build. Speaking purely for myself, I don't consider Switch to be a home console, but rather a portable (I'm of the belief that Big N will soon-ish drop the 3DS and go all-in on Switch).

As for the PS4 Slim, while it plays everything a PS4 Pro does, it's objectively "last gen". By which I mean it's like half a generation behind. Or something. This console generation has been kind of a confusing mess with regard to "generation and a half" upgrades like the PS4 Pro and the upcoming Xbox Scorpio.

At any rate, I get the "console killer is supposed to be console priced" thing. I also think that it can mean more than one thing - Just that the popular definition is based on price. For a long time, I maintained a couple of builds based on the prices for the PS4 and Xbox One and called them just that, but those builds were hardly console-sized. To match both definitions… Well, you basically have the consoles. :P 

Emily @ LINUS MEDIA GROUP                                  

congratulations on breaking absolutely zero stereotypes - @cs_deathmatch