1080ti Crash in Benchmark tests & gaming Please Help!

Please help Asus 1080ti crashing in all gpu benchmark tests.

After some reading it might be the psu I don't know and my RMA's are almost gone.

I need more experienced opinions, thank you.

build:

ASUS ROG GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING 11GB 352-Bit

Intel Core i7 6700K 4.00 GHz Unlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151

Samsung 250GB 960 EVO NVMe M.2 Internal SSD

ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 Z270 ATX Motherboard with onboard AC Wifi and USB 3.1

CORSAIR RMx Series RM850X 850W 80 PLUS GOLD Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready

G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14D-16GTZR

WD Black 1TB Performance Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch - WD1003FZEX

Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 Extreme Performance Water / Liquid CPU Cooler. 240mm (CW-9060025-WW)

are any parts in your system overclocked?

your PSU is tier 1 -- really good. I highly doubt it's the problem here.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

All Temps are normal when running the tests.

When the crash does occur it shuts down the whole system with a click.

Have you overclocked it?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Overclocked?

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just now, RadiatingLight said:

None of my parts are overclocked.

Are the power cables inserted into the gpu properly?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

Just now, leelaa14 said:

Are the power cables inserted into the gpu properly?

Yes and I even tried putting them in other parts of the power supply (proper places of course)  

1 minute ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

Yes and I even tried putting them in other parts of the power supply (proper places of course)  

Download msi afterburner and down clock your gpu. If it goes through the benchmark fine when down clocked then i think it's RMA time maybe as it's not running like it's meant too. Though I may be wrong and someone here can correct me.
Put something like -100mhz off the core.

Just now, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

why would I have to do this?

to uninstall old drivers.

5 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

even though its a high quality psu, it can still have issues.

Buts its very unlikey in this case, id rma the gpu.

2 minutes ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

why would I have to do this?

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to uninstall old drivers.

Its brand new and just built the system, just got problems now when testing 

1 minute ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

Its brand new and just built the system, just got problems now when testing 

Try what I said.

Shutting off like that doesn't seem like gpu problem to me

But them again I'm not there in person

1 hour ago, Tr1ggerfish1 said:

All Temps are normal when running the tests.

When the crash does occur it shuts down the whole system with a click.

That's your PSU failing. Either it's not getting enough airflow through it and it's tripping the high temp cutoff or it's actually failing. I went through this same situation with my EVGA 1600T2. The fan was failing to turn on and would hit the thermal limit which would cause the PSU to go into failsafe. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

try taking all settings in bios off auto and go manual for everything including killing turbo boost

voltages frequencys and multipliers  everything manual

google is your friend gotta find all the manual settings lol

even underclock your ram till u figure out where its coming from

9 hours ago, Masada02 said:

That's your PSU failing. Either it's not getting enough airflow through it and it's tripping the high temp cutoff or it's actually failing. I went through this same situation with my EVGA 1600T2. The fan was failing to turn on and would hit the thermal limit which would cause the PSU to go into failsafe. 

I will check the fan on the psu as soon as I can and I will post the results, hopefully I can find the problem soon.

3 hours ago, kronickiller said:

try taking all settings in bios off auto and go manual for everything including killing turbo boost

voltages frequencys and multipliers  everything manual

google is your friend gotta find all the manual settings lol

even underclock your ram till u figure out where its coming from

I reset everything after the third crash

I will check the fan on the psu as soon as I can and I will post the results, hopefully I can find the problem soon.

Fan will not spin up due to Zero fan rpm... and my system is not hitting that threshold I guess.

Fan will not spin up due to Zero fan rpm... and my system is not hitting that threshold I guess.

It should still spin up at a certain load. In my case, even if it was hitting that load the fan wouldn't spin up and the PSU would overheat. If your PSU fan is never turning on, even in stress tests, thats a problem. There also may be a switch on the back of your PSU that changes it from something like an ECO mode to normal mode. If you can switch it to normal it may keep the fan on at all times.

Run something like Asus Realbench that will put load on all of your components. If it shuts off during that it's most likely a PSU issue. It's how I diagnosed mine. 

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C

It should still spin up at a certain load. In my case, even if it was hitting that load the fan wouldn't spin up and the PSU would overheat. If your PSU fan is never turning on, even in stress tests, thats a problem. There also may be a switch on the back of your PSU that changes it from something like an ECO mode to normal mode. If you can switch it to normal it may keep the fan on at all times.

Run something like Asus Realbench that will put load on all of your components. If it shuts off during that it's most likely a PSU issue. It's how I diagnosed mine. 

I will install It and post the results

I will install It and post the results

System Froze while starting stress test due to a "missing file, reinstalling may fix the problem" <- did not fix this problem :(