Getting on my first sponsorship call in 30 minutes.

TechSquidTV

I have a very new Youtube channel that only has 3 videos so far (like I said, very new) in the web design tutorial space, although I hope to branch out just slightly to encompass networking and IoT as well to introduce some hardware.

I contacted just a few large-ish companies just in case they would be interested in sponsorship. The reason I went for sponsorship so early is because the style of video I am making, accumulates views over a long time span because it is educational and likely to be more search based. And, sponsorship at first makes sense in this space because my videos are targeted at people new to web design, so these first few videos are crucial.

Today, after only three videos uploaded, I have a phone conference with a massive company who you all likely have heard of before. They have sponsored many massive youtube stars, such as Philip Defranco and WendoverProductions.

I don't know exactly how this call will go, but I'm excited.

So, how did it go OP?

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, I'm glad someone asked! XD. Thank you for asking. I got it! I don't 100% have it but it's looking very good.

I spoke with someone from the company who I guess deal with marketing or sponsorships directly and they were impressed with the content (what little of it there is) and they said they do believe the videos would grow and that it would be interesting for them to have an advertisement in the video. Basically gambling that I will continue to create content, lucky them I plan to. I won't get into any specifics just in case, but they eluded that they may pay about $500 for spots on much larger channels, and they also have an affiliate program. I was able to land on a dollar amount I am excited about for a first ever sponsorship.

The representative said he needs to run this whole proposal past his boss, but said as long as the videos aren't "really bad or something" we should be fine. I should be hearing back from them tomorrow.

Amazing to see a company believe my channel will succeed and is willing to pay me to continue making videos because they actually believe my videos will be seen. It's crazy validation to all of the hard work.

That's awesome, glad it worked out. Only way from here is up!

Man I should try to get back into making videos.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

7 minutes ago, Spork829 said:

That's awesome, glad it worked out. Only way from here is up!

Man I should try to get back into making videos.

Looks like you've got the equipment. If you can handle editing and can produce a polished video I say go for it. I think 70% of success on Youtube is faking a professional set up as best as possible. If you have clean audio you're a decent portion of the way there. 

Just now, Ampix0 said:

Looks like you've got the equipment. If you can handle editing and can produce a polished video I say go for it. I think 70% of success on Youtube is faking a professional set up as best as possible. If you have clean audio you're a decent portion of the way there. 

Yeah, I've made a few and they've done ok for a tiny channel. I also have a Rebel SL1 DSLR that I use so equipment isn't so much the problem as finding time between school and other things, and coming up with creative ideas.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Very impressive for someone with only 3 channels considering that there are many web design tutorials? Tho I have no idea.

Just to increase my knowledge:web design = html, right?

1 hour ago, Teddy07 said:

Very impressive for someone with only 3 channels considering that there are many web design tutorials? Tho I have no idea.

Just to increase my knowledge:web design = html, right?

There are quite a few web design channels. I believe mine is quite a bit different format though. Most channels are very instructional and lecture styled. My videos focus more on visual learning and explaining more concepts rather than repeating back code to you. I use a lot of animation to try and keep your attention.

Web design would cover HTML ya, but HTML is a fairly small portion. My first video covers just about all you need to know about HTML. CSS is the other language in web design where a lot of the focus will be. Javascript also being exceptionally important, but I haven't decided how I'm going to handle JS since SOOOO many resources exist for that.

I hope to soon make some web-connected raspberry pi projects. And also hoping I can do some networking tutorials. I wouldn't mind touching on hardware in the future... but we'll see