AMD G-Sync News

TheMissxu

Did anyone notice this?

Q. GSync got tongues wagging in spite of the fact that people wouldn't be able to see the difference on a compressed Youtube video. Is AMD considering a similar solution, or working towards one that's more open than GSync? ...

A. You'll hear more from us on G-Sync soon. ...

Q. How did you guys react to Nvidia's G-Sync and Shadowplay? Any plans for a rebuttal?

A. We're presently assessing G-Sync, but have no comment at this time.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ama-toms-hardware,3672-7.html and http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/amd-ama-toms-hardware,3672-8.html

Intel i5 6600k~Asus Maximus VIII Hero~G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 8GB DDR4-3200 CL-16~Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X~Phanteks Enthoo Pro M~Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB~SeaSonic Snow Silent 750~BenQ XL2730Z QHD 144Hz FreeSync~Cooler Master Seidon 240M~Varmilo VA87M (Cherry MX Brown)~Corsair Vengeance M95~Oppo PM-3~Windows 10 Pro~http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ynmBnQ

If nVidia has half a brain, they should be racing for a patent on this shit.

Shh don't give them any ideas

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

If nVidia has half a brain, they should be racing for a patent on this shit.

nvidia doesn't have a brain but the people there probably do..

I r excited if this is true. Still not going to buy a new monitor tho...

| Case: NZXT Tempest 210 | CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K @ 3.9 Ghz | GPU: ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 8GB |

| Mouse: Zowie FK1 | Monitor: Acer 21.5' | Keyboard: CoolerMaster Stealth w/ Brown Switches |

#KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #1080penis

You know Nvidia could be licensing the technology to AMD. This is great news for Nvidia, they make more money.

Great news for gamers too because it means they can have G-Sync no matter what side they choose.  :)

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Great news for gamers too because it means they can have G-Sync no matter what side they choose. :)

Unfortunately capitalism doesn't work that way.

Spoiler

If Nvidia licenses the technology out to AMD, how is that not a financially lucrative proposition for them?  Granted, they would be working with their competitor but everyone wins in this situation.

My PC specifications are in my profile.