Why are prices so high outside of the US?

I've had this question for a long time in my head and I still can't get a good answer for it.

Why do I have to sometimes pay 20-50% more on something,just because I live in Central Europe?

Shipping costs don't explain it.20% VAT is something,but come on.

I remember seeing this summer,on the largest online store in my country,an alienware m18x(highest config.) for $6000.I was totally shocked.

(I should also mention Crapple rMBP 15" old gen for 3000$ cheapest configuration)

Note 3 for around $1000.

An i5 costs as much as an i7 in the US.

I remember when I got my 560 I paid 350$ for it,and that was after the 600 series had launched(one month later).

WHY?

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

import tax.. and local people don't have that big of a competition as US has big online sellers like Amazon.

Needs Update

US doesn't have taxes on online shipping, we have a 20% tax in the UK and I imagine it's more in europe. Plus theres an import fee, and shipping and our wages are higher than the US.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Cost of living, wages, taxes and buying power pretty much sum it up. Also the fact they've done it for so long already that people are used to paying more helps.

I just spec'd out a system on both NCIX and a local computer store and turned out about 30% more expensive locally, I know, it's not fair, nothing you can do.

It's America paying us back for living in a horrible country. That I live in.

How very patriotic of you.

But the US just makes it very easy to sell stuff to, no online shipping tax, and low import tax in general.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

^

PLUS the uk has a 20% VAT Tax on everything.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

you wanna trade gouvernments?

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Mainly TAX , EU likes to make taxes extremely high on everything...

Interested in Business and Technology

import tax.. and local people don't have that big of a competition as US has big online sellers like Amazon.

true - wrong and some other details.

One of the biggest onlinestores here in Germany is e.g. Amazon.de. But we have also some pretty big others too.

Because MUUURI *ehm* EUUUUUROOOOOPAAAAA!

"Heeeeaven heeelp uuus in aaaall ooour baaaatlles.Heeeeaveeen seee looove. Heeeeaven help us!" -some lyrics from the song

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

You can factor out tax and see those differences, it is really two things.  Supply and competition.  The US is a much larger country (300+ million [the UK is less than 70]) with very high consumer spending (less of our income is used taken through taxes, given us more spending money [yes also more to spend it on with healthcare and the like]).  Companies are willing to dump huge inventories in the US at lower cost because it is more likely to sell.  The larger numbers being pushed in the US allow economies to scale and result in a sum total of much lower costs.  The aspect of competition is also a large factor.  Many large companies are centered in the US in some way and that means they are fighting much more for dominance in this region.  There is a myriad of confusing political and economic differences between the United States and Central Europe, but as a summary, and I know it is unfortunate, but the US can give a company more sales revenue for less money than you can in Central Europe.

meanwhile you can read these 25 depressing reasons.

http://www.whynotharper.ca/

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Welcome to american greedy government. Im your tour guid mister greedy, and thats my assistant miss unnessasarly high taxes. Our first stop on our tour is the poor and middle class taxation dept. Here we figure out how to steal i mean squeeze damn it i mean fund our .......damn it screw this. This is the dept in charge of making sure we can take every last penny people make. Lol j.k i think.

Law of one price, purchasing power parities, jurisdictional restrictions / requirements, exchange rates and taxes, etc. etc. Welcome to the wonderful world that is global business economics.

Folding@Home | BOINC

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X + Celsius S36 GPU: ASUS TUF RTX3080 

MB: ASRock x470 Taichi RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-2666 32GB 

CASE: Fractal Design Define 7 Panda STORAGE: WD Black SN770 2TB + WD Red Pro 6TB