Brand new and working NVidia GTX 1080 display on MOBO HDMI port!

Hello folks, I came with a very strange problem, i´ve just installed my windows 10 and all my games. After i installed Ubuntu 17.04, all fine.

I tried some of the games on windows to check the graphics card is OK, all fine.

I went to lunch and after I turned on the machine and all display from NVidia is going to MOBO, I mean, all graphics from the GTX 1080  is been output in MOBO HDMI port, i tested some of the games and everything is working, but i now connected through MOBO HDMI.

When i connected my monitor cable in the GTX 1080 no vga display, only a black screeen.

Some idea? 

If you have a GPU installed the motherboard won't output anything (usually). 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

3 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

If you have a GPU installed the motherboard won't output anything (usually). 

Try reading the post again.

His GPU is not outputting anything, his motherboard is.

You have it backwards.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Sure, thats what the normal behavior, but now i watching with my monitor connected in the MOBO, what could change? 

I can say, the GTX 1080 is working and a can see when i open a game, like Dirt Rally for example.

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Try reading the post again.

His GPU is not outputting anything, his motherboard is.

You have it backwards.

Oh, I see. I'm tired. 

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

Just now, Jamiec1130 said:

Oh, I see. I'm tired. 

Go take a nap m8 :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Go take a nap m8 :P

I should probably actually go to sleep. It's after midnight and I have to get up at 4:45. 

Mobo output is most likely IGPU powered.
Default behaviour of most motherboards is to switch off internal gpu when an discrete card is present (although can be turned back on).

Try shutting down, removing gpu, start back up, remove all video drivers, reseating gpu and then cable to directly to GPU.

Try switching power cables, if you have dual bios GPU, try flicking the bios switch (on the GPU) if you have it.

Try poking in UEFI, maybe reset bios (Clear CMOS), and reconfigure drives and try again fresh.

Why would you decide to plug your monitor in to your motherboard..?

12 hours ago, FredyBobJoe said:

How can you tell that the gpu is doing the graphics processing?

Cause Assetto Corsa cant work at 300 fps with the GTX 1080 and 5 fps  on onboard graphics card!

9 hours ago, AlwaysFSX said:

Why would you decide to plug your monitor in to your motherboard..?

It was just a guess, i thought if the QCode was A0 them my machine booted normally, so i tried the MOBO´s HDMI port.

• 1 month later...

I was wrong, the MOBO was sending the video, for some reason i dont known yeat the MOBO recused to read PCIEX2 ( i put to 1080 there ´cause to get far from the water cooler ), i changed to PCIEX1 and everything is fine.