Smart boards really suck!

Go to solution Solved by EpicGeekonFire,

My teacher is about as smart as a rock.

lol Rocks are smart... they figured out education was useless, life was useless... Thats why they became lifeless. 

In my school we use smart boards and they do suck. Our teachers haven't undergone any kind of training and it is a constant battle every day to even get a powerpoint running because of their software, Smart Ink. It is an add-on for Microsoft Office. They can be great once you know how to use them, but without any training there is no hope. So is there any custom software that can be used to make these boards more useful. Or any tweaks that can be applied to make things easier for a classroom setting.

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

(Our lord and savior: GabeN)

Idk what stupid teachers you have but my math teacher actually knows how to use his and its pretty amazing how "smart" a smart board can be... 

This is my opinion, it doesn't mean I'm right and is liable to change at any time. I may offend of which I apologize in advance.

well there seems to be the issue

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

Reason why i call them dumbboards......

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

well there seems to be the issue

Yes, but isn't there any way to program in custom gestures or other ways to customize how the board works. I basically want to make it idiot proof.

lol Rocks are smart... they figured out education was useless, life was useless... Thats why they became lifeless. 

This was more of a rant then anything. I wasn't expecting to get any real answer, but thanks for the great comments.

This was more of a rant then anything. I wasn't expecting to get any real answer, but thanks for the great comments.

Thats what I was made to do :D... BTW Smart Boards are a scam :| They presented themselves as a revolutionary product... Nope its a project over a touchpad nothing special... dont forget suckish software.......

I don't get it.. you insult a product, because your professor is too incompetent to spend a 30min to figure it out once and for all, let alone read the help documentation?

That's like insulting Microsoft, because you teacher doesn't know how to make a Power Point presentation, nor understanding the purpose of a PowerPoint presentation, and simply does it because he or she is too lazy to use the board,

My chemistry teacher has a lot of issues with hers, most of the time the touch part just doesn't work or requires lots of pressure. Also it's kind of annoying how it doesn't play well with links. you hit the link on the smartboard, but then it displays on the monitor so the teacher has to run over and drag it.

Tech is only has smart has it's user. This is what my high school math teacher said in class and I agree. 

CPU: 3770K | Motherboard: Asus Maximus V Formula | GPU: GTX 1080Ti SLI | Ram: 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 | PSU: Corsair AX1200i | Storage: 2x Samsung 840 pros | Case: Corsair 650D | Cooler:  Corsair H100i with Noctus NF-F12 fans | Monitor: Asus ROG Swift PG278Q

Teachers need more training into how to use them. Remember, when they were growing up, most people didn't possess computers.

Compatible with Windows 95