What ruins the game most for you?

filipcro

Singleplayer:

1) Bad story (especially in endings)

2) Rushed parts

Multiplayer:

1) Hackers

2) Rushed multiplayer

Rushed stuff comes in both singleplayer and multiplayer, too sad these days you see way too many games that are half-assed at launch because they are rushed.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

a lot of things but i agree with OP's 1st point. call me a misogynist(however you spell it) but i just dont like playing as female characters. male only for me

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

So, no shoving females down our throats then...

I do not mind if it is done well and does not feel forced. Like in open world games where you can choose you could be male or female and it would not matter. It is annoying when they are done badly.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

a lot of things but i agree with OP's 1st point. call me a misogynist(however you spell it) but i just dont like playing as female characters. male only for me

LOL, it's so sad how people these days are conditioned to regard basic immersion in an interactive media as being misogynist/sexist.

stupid endings.

storys that skips important things.

a game that is over hyped

So, no shoving females down our throats then...

Sexism at it's finest there are many many games where your forced to play as a male, BF for example, you don't complain about that however. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

Horrible stiff animations, awful sluggish feeling combat, broken up and inconsistent voice acting, bugs, and generic repetitive environments. So pretty much Fallout 3.

a good game needs the following things:

1. Game Mechanics (Poor game mechanics just makes the game fall down all together, there are only a handful of games out there at the moment that have respectable mechanics)

2. Immersion (Games with poor to no immersion lack reputability and realism making them more dis-likable to play(Sci-Fi Games can break this lore however restricts are needed to add to the immersion))

3. Graphics (Keeping to 1 Single style of graphics is the only way around this, stepping away from a distinct style can break the immersion/ story and lore within a game)

4. Lore and story (Lore and story are 2 separate things, a Rich lore adds interest and history to the game whilst Story is the unfolding events of the game, Allowing both to lean against each other equally creates replay-ability for the player and allows for expansion later on)

5. Balance (The most difficult part in a game is Balance, Poor balance is what looses players and makes it annoying for new people)

6. Optimization (A poorly optimized game is general elitism, not everyone has a GTX Titan with a LGA 2011 and 64gb of ram. Working from the ground up (Lowest average system to the target audience the game is working toward) is the best possible way forward)

7. Story (I know i said it before but a well planned out story With replay value is what makes a game good.)

I did this in an article a few years back for my college.. i went in to allot more detail but thats what i remember from the top of my head.

Character artist in the Games industry.

A shitty campaign. And slow feeling controls.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

For me its playability, as I only have my left hand to use my Xbox controller I normally don't play games where I need to use the full controls all the time, first person shooters are out but I can mange AC game and Skyrim easy.

Also when games keep crashing I lose interest in it but some how Batman Arkham Origins keep me playing till I finished the story.

Cry Havoc!

Really terrible textures, lots of the voice acting at times (skyrim and oblivion for example have tons of npcs with the same voice), npc's actions that do not line up, General immersion ruining stuff.

I like my games to be immersive usually.

Not to mention that all the NPC's were constantly talking about a civil war which almost seemed non existent outside of the main quest.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

No FOV adjustment in first person PC games, completely unacceptable for a PC version, if I find it has no slider, I look to PCGamingWiki, if the fix is easy and once only then I'll bite if I REALLY want the game otherwise, if it's something I have to keep typing each time (LOOKING AT YOU CRYSIS 3, 2 commands each time I load the game, get out of here...) or something that they would ban you for doing in multiplayer then I won't touch it until they address it.

Mass Effect trilogy not having native 360 controller support.

Latency.

Anything that stops gameplay and isn't skippable is obnoxious IMO, especially long intros/logos/notices when you boot a game.

Walking past a guard after you've saved all of tamriel and hearing "i got to thinking.. maybe im the dragonborn.. i just don't know it yet" Just makes me go on a rampage..

And skyrim refuses to use more than 4 gigs of memory for me.. (16 installed, memtested and checked all sticks individually. And i had windows 7 64bit installed)

Gonna try it on windows 8 later with all dem ENB's and mods.. but i don't wanna be dissapointed again :(

Actually the BIG problem isn't that Skyrim crashes when you go over 4 gigs of system memory, it's that Bethesda (for some reason) uses both your system memory and GPU memory to store textures. And by that, I mean that it takes a single texture and loads in both, which is a huge waste. Since Skyrim is a 32-bit program, it can't use more than 4GB of system memory. So to get around this, you can use a mod called ENBoost to free up your system memory.  This program comes with a lot of ENBs, so make sure you're not installing this mod multiple times.

Right now I play the game with virtually all HD textures and my game would crash without ENBoost, but Skyrim Performance Monitor only shows me using less than one GB while my VRAM is being utilized properly to display all those HD textures.  Hope this helps with your modding!

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

The fact that you can't grapple up to each and every building and the datapacks aren't much of an incentive to explore the city.

Low poly models and low res textures and bad graphics in general.
As somebody that does 3D modeling I can say that It's not hard to make a high quality 3D models.
And you don't make low res textures(you make them first high res and scale them then down) if a game has low res textures it's only because they try to cut down the ram usage.(90% because of Ps3/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU)

And what I really hate is bad looking Unreal Engine 3 games you can make this on Unreal Engine 3:
samaritan_epic_games.jpg
But most games look like this:
Mass-Effect-3-E3-Screen-1.jpg?cb=1343151

RTX2070OC 

Actually the BIG problem isn't that Skyrim crashes when you go over 4 gigs of system memory, it's that Bethesda (for some reason) uses both your system memory and GPU memory to store textures. And by that, I mean that it takes a single texture and loads in both, which is a huge waste. Since Skyrim is a 32-bit program, it can't use more than 4GB of system memory. So to get around this, you can use a mod called ENBoost to free up your system memory.  This program comes with a lot of ENBs, so make sure you're not installing this mod multiple times.

Right now I play the game with virtually all HD textures and my game would crash without ENBoost, but Skyrim Performance Monitor only shows me using less than one GB while my VRAM is being utilized properly to display all those HD textures.  Hope this helps with your modding!

The fact that it's a 32-bit program is bad enough.. This problem shouldn't have existed in the first Place.

I installed a few high rez textures yesterday and i Believe ENBoost was included with em

Haven't had a chance to try it out yet though. but i will^^

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

-The head-up display and/or weapon taking up too much of the screen and not being size customisable.

-Controls appearing on the screen. (Crysis 2 constantly has crouch/lean controls popping up.)

What ruins the game most for you?

EA

BF4 is the last game from EA. Tried to like them, but FFS!

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

- unneeded grind

- boring gun play (looking at you bioshock infinite) 

- non/not fully remapable controls (on some I don't even bother past the key config screen)

- unfinished games/bad console ports

EDIT:

Oh and how could I forget QTE showed every 5 minutes.

Loads of cut scene's

black ops single player pissed me off a lot for this, cut scenen followed by a section where you only get to walk forward followed by an other cut scene. If I wanted to watch a movie I'd go watch a movie.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I love games for the progression, as soon as I max out, I never touch it again.  I can not physically play a game without progression.  Gameplay and story never really bother me but if progression is lost, i'm out.  I do love a good story though.

flickering texture =/

Or texture pop in.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)