Finally the debate is over!!!

In case those people still exist and ask which should I buy and which one is better 480 8gb vs 1060 6gb I can now say that you should get the 580 8gb (:

because of this higher V-Ram and overall clock speeds. Free-Sync Monitors are cheaper too.

When you write if instead of is.

And by RX 580 you mean overclocked RX 480? You're having a laugh xD 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Has It been released yet? Or just revealed?

As aways, if the answer is revealed -> W A I T   F O R   I N D E P E N D E N T   B E N C H M A R K S.

Cmon guys, its not that hard xD Take a brief look to the past...

3 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

to be fair a 1080ti is a lower binned titan xp with better power management, and less vram. 

Just now, Maxinfamily said:

As aways, if the answer is revealed -> W A I T   F O R   I N D E P E N D E N T   B E N C H M A R K S.

it is 

3 minutes ago, Maxinfamily said:

It was released and tested today (last night).....

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

8 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

On a better process leading to lower temps and allowing some models to overclock to near 1500MHz.

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, TheRandomness said:

On a better process leading to lower temps and allowing it to overclock to 1500 easily.

The RX 480 could easily do 1500 too. Just required a bit of volts. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, DrMacintosh said:

It was released and tested today (last night).....

4 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

it is 

Wow. That was quick xD It looks like Im not up to date... Ill check them, thanks!

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

The RX 480 could easily do 1500 too. Just required a bit of volts. 

I edited my post btw. Also, whilst being cooler? Power consumption has gone up though due to AMD bumping up the reference voltage to about 1.2V

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

I edited my post btw. Also, whilst being cooler? Power consumption has gone up though due to AMD bumping up the reference voltage to about 1.2V

Who cares about power and heat. It goes fast even if its hot and bothered lol. 

inb4 taken seriously. 

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

to be fair a 1080ti is a lower binned titan xp with better power management, and less vram. 

I beg to differ. 

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Who cares about power and heat. It goes fast even if its hot and bothered lol. 

inb4 taken seriously. 

You are speaking to a moderator who will basically take everything seriously :P That's the same logic as AMD and Nvidia had with the 290X and 480 respectively, and look what happened there..

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Just now, BloodyWaters said:

I beg to differ. 

facts seem to agree with me, GPU market is really lazy on the Nvidia side while AMD has been sitting around doing nothing for a while. I really hope competition picks up, titan xp than 1080 ti than another titan xp which is slightly faster shows how lazy companies have gotten. 

You are speaking to a moderator who will basically take everything seriously :P That's the same logic as AMD and Nvidia had with the 290X and 480 respectively, and look what happened there..

Yeah you need to lighten up tbh. 

Sacrifices have to be made in the pursuit of speed though. Those are easily made up with watercooling and plenty of power. 

14 minutes ago, DildorTheDecent said:

And by RX 580 you mean overclocked RX 480? 

This is why it is called AMD Rebrandeon RX 580 :P

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

facts seem to agree with me, GPU market is really lazy on the Nvidia side while AMD has been sitting around doing nothing for a while. I really hope competition picks up, titan xp than 1080 ti than another titan xp which is slightly faster shows how lazy companies have gotten. 

The 1080 Ti uses a modified GP102, and has more bandwidth. That can be accomplished with just "binning" the card. 

The 1080 Ti uses a modified GP102, and has more bandwidth. That can be accomplished with just "binning" the card. 

but it can be done by modifying the process a bit, nothing new. 

How about dropping the hivemind appeal and letting everyone decide for themselves. The RX 580 threw power efficiency out the window, Nvidia still has an appealing benefit in terms of efficnency, aswell as general DX11 performance.

It also still works better with low-end CPU's.

Just now, nerdslayer1 said:

but it can be done by modifying the process a bit, nothing new. 

That's not binning. 

3 minutes ago, BloodyWaters said:

and has more bandwidth.

Not more than the Titan Xpxpxppppxpxpxpxp though...

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

That's not binning. 

yes there is a process of binning that goes into it, new titan are the high-end binned card while 1080ti( Cuda cores disabled) have are a step below. 

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

Well as far as OP is concerned, he's looking for a ~$200 graphics card and with the RX 580 there is no reason to get the 480 or 1060

Nothing much to dispute or discuss

i have seen 4gb rx480 low as 143 usd or an 8gb msi rx480 for 177 usd after rebate, offer like that are hard to ignore.