"US Army robots will outnumber human soldiers 10 to 1 by 2023"

TopWargamer

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/us-army-robots-will-outnumber-human-soldiers-10-to-1-by-1465669535

Talking at a US Army demonstration of autonomous weaponized robots at Fort Benning, Georgia, experts said that "ten years from now, there will probably be one soldier for every 10 robots. Each soldier could have one or five robots flanking him, looking for enemies, scanning for land mines."

Those are the words of Scott Hartley, co-founder of 5D Robotics, who demonstrated his companies' machines along with Northrop Grumman, QinetiQ, HDT Robotics and other robotics corporations catering to the US military. Harley also added that "robots can save lives." And indeed they can, helping soldiers survive in a hostile environment and making their lives easier. But, obviously, they are also making them to kill.

The future looks very, very scary, even more so if these robots (by 2023) are autonomous, which means that they could make decisions on their own. I can tell you all right now that not only will we see in use in the military, but also on the homefront as a police force, which is even scarier to think about. Like it or not, and whether you think I'm crazy or not, the United States is and will turn into a police state. It already kind of is with everything that the NSA does.

COMIC SANS

cool

| CPU: i7 3770k | MOTHERBOARD: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming | GPU: GTX 770 | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident X | PSU: XFX PRO 1050w | STORAGE: SSD 120GB PQI +  6TB HDD | COOLER: Thermaltake: Water 2.0 | CASE: Cooler Master: HAF 912 Plus |

and where are they getting the money for this? throwing themselves into more debt getting ready to fight a war with china so they dont have to pay it back? America is just like google get into everyones good books make everyone trust them and then bam there trying to take over the world. 

That some Terminator shit right there...

[uS Army Robot goes berserk aka "get rid of human worse enemies = humans]

[Whole world get invaded]

Thanks US...

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

Welp It's offical, I'm moving to Switz

The US somehow still gets there political bs in their every once and a blue moon. :(

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

Time to put on that tinfoil hat and over throw the government before it's too late.

Yeaaaa.....No.

Intel i7 3770K [] Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 [] MSI R9 290X 4GB [] 16GB  G.SKILL 2133Mhz [] Crucial MX100 256GB [] WD Black 1TB [] XFX Pro 850W [] Fractal Define R3 [] Func MS-3 R2 [] Corsair K60 [] 

m240 fired accurately at 800 meters? thats pretty damn impressive if i must say so myself!

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

You could play any AoE or Wargame style game in real life! Which is quite scary and lucky for Australia because we're always the last to get things and they're more expensive :P

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Futurama robots would be nice.

Main Rig: Cpu: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x @ 4.60Ghz 1.2V | Motherboard: ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII FORMULA | RAM: 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2133Mhz | GPU: Powercolor RADEON RX6900XT Liquid Devil  | Case: XFORMA MBX MKII | Storage: Samsung 840 256GB/Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | PSU: Corsair Hx850i | Cooling: Custom loop with gentle typhoons | 

and where are they getting the money for this? throwing themselves into more debt getting ready to fight a war with china so they dont have to pay it back? America is just like google get into everyones good books make everyone trust them and then bam there trying to take over the world. 

China owns a very small proportion of America debt.

That some Terminator shit right there...

[uS Army Robot goes berserk aka "get rid of human worse enemies = humans]

[Whole world get invaded]

Thanks US...

Don't mind us, just spreading the FREEDOM!!

"Her tsundere ratio is 8:2. So don't think you could see her dere side so easily."

Planing to make you debut here on the forums? Read Me First!

unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society

Now their unemployment will go through the roof. Good job USA.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

It think some people are missing the point, in a war its easier to loose a robot than a human being.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

Don't mind us, just spreading the FREEDOM!!

...one headshot at a time.

<p>Eryi's Action Rule#2 - "Dont jump on the green mushroom"

Ministry of StopIt!

I am scared of the future. I don't know what it will hold, but I am scared.

The future looks very, very scary, even more so if these robots (by 2023) are autonomous, which means that they could make decisions on their own.

As a Robotics engineer, I can say that they will NEVER make fully autonomous robots that can cause harm. There will always be an element of human control, especially on the trigger for weapons and arms.

With that said, there are already subsystems within a given U.S. Army robot that make decisions on their own. But overall control of the robot is done by humans.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

TerminatorUSA.jpg

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green