Austin Evans "Rebuilding the $50 Scrapinator"

Zondaa

My disappointment with this video is that it's 'Just a computer build'.  It's Ryzen 5 and a 1080 put in an 'Old Case'.  And even though it's an 'Old case' it's still just an ATX case.

The original video, while a failure, had an interesting intention; Take a cheap used PC, put a meaner GPU into it, and have a decently useful PC as a result.  Except that Austin did such poor research before purchase and grabbed a single core 32bit machine that would really get nowhere even with a better GPU.  Seeing a Core 2 Quad or old i5 get new life breathed into it would not only have been interesting but practical.  Now he's overshot the goal and just put entirely new shiney parts into an ATX box. :/

20 hours ago, Arcanekitten said:

You'd expect something different from that title yeah... 

That's about all you can expect from Austin these days. About 3 or 4 times per year he makes a half way decent PC built but this was probably extra.

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 hours ago, Orangeator said:

Jayztwocents is literally the most down to earth of all of them lol, what is wrong with him?

Not really. To people who he considers peers he might be ok but he's a massive fucking cunt to anybody he considers his audience. He is probably one of the worst persons at interacting with the audience.

That being say his videos can be somewhat interesting so watching those it's sorta ok.

-------

Current Rig

-------

20 hours ago, pasha786 said:

Also seems like a rip off of a certain series that needs to be rebooted ?

Well your in luck, because Scrapyard wars was rebooted with Luke & Linus VS Paul & Kyle. They fil;med it like two weeks ago and now it is in the editing process.

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

2 hours ago, NuclearKing said:

Well your in luck, because Scrapyard wars was rebooted with Luke & Linus VS Paul & Kyle. They fil;med it like two weeks ago and now it is in the editing process.

I don't think that the word 'rebooted' means what you think it means.  Ya know, as much fun as it to imagine that there is a 'Scrapyard Wars Prime' timeline where SYW 1-4 took place, but now a separate 'Scrapyard Wars Kelvin' timeline where the previous Scrapyard Wars are not considered to be canonical, I'm pretty sure you're just using 'Rebooted' wrong.

And people are constantly showing up with pitchforks and torches when Linus does clickbait stuff.  

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

I don't think that the word 'rebooted' means what you think it means.  Ya know, as much fun as it to imagine that there is a 'Scrapyard Wars Prime' timeline where SYW 1-4 took place, but now a separate 'Scrapyard Wars Kelvin' timeline where the previous Scrapyard Wars are not considered to be canonical, I'm pretty sure you're just using 'Rebooted' wrong.

I stand corrected. Has it been renewed then? 

i5-6600K @ 4.5 GHz |I| Hyper 212 EVO |I| ASUS STRIX Z270E |I| 8 GB DDR4 HyperX FURY
GTX 1060 Windforce OC 6GB @ 2088 MHz
DEEPCOOL TESSERACT WH |I| EVGA 500 W1 80+
1TB 7200rpm HDD |I| 120GB SSD
GN246HL 144Hz 1080p

Corsair K70 LUX RGB |I| Corsair M65 Pro RGB
PCPP: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/DHzYcf

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

It's called the "youtube ad crisis for a reason".

temporary solution - someone else's problem

5 hours ago, Kierax said:

Dollar store version of Logic looking headass

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

On 4/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, AUniqueName said:

snip

I had to find you and this comment again after watching his recent live stream. Okay, you might be on to something xD

Either I didn't notice it before or stress of moving offices and getting more businessy is getting to him lol

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

11 minutes ago, GeekJump said:

I had to find you and this comment again after watching his recent live stream. Okay, you might be on to something xD

Either I didn't notice it before or stress of moving offices and getting more businessy is getting to him lol

Jay?

On 4/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, AUniqueName said:

He's the most arrogant person I've come across on YouTube. 

And not the honest, down to earth kind of arrogant. The, I'm better than you, I know more than you, I'm more successful than you, deal with it - kind of arrogance 

His videos are repetitive and he have no creativity or imagination to them 

Yeah I remember when he made youtube his full time job. First video afterwards he was such vain little bitch. Not just how he was acting but the moaf had waxed eyebrows and was wearing make-up, LOL. I think it was a tech talk.

31 minutes ago, dexT said:

Yeah I remember when he made youtube his full time job. First video afterwards he was such vain little bitch. Not just how he was acting but the moaf had waxed eyebrows and was wearing make-up, LOL. I think it was a tech talk.

Makeup as in subtle TV show style makeup or drag queen style makeup? 

1 hour ago, AUniqueName said:

Makeup as in subtle TV show style makeup or drag queen style makeup? 

Lol subtle. I don't think he would live down queen makeup.

7 hours ago, AUniqueName said:

Jay?

Yeah. He did a q&a stream and the first ~10 minutes are giving sarcastic/rude answers to questions. So I randomly jump to different spots and he is either still being rude or complaining about stuff...an hour long stream :dry:

"Solus" (2015) - CPU: i7-4790k | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | Mobo: Asus Z97-A | Ram: 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series | PSU: EVGA G2 750W 80+ Gold | CaseFractal Design Define R4

Next Build: "Tyrion" (TBA)

I liked how quickly they have up. It would have been nice for them to scavenge some parts from classifieds or eBay to make their system work. It's not that hard to find a dual core CPU for that socket, and same with a used gpu that has 32 bit drivers.

On 4/12/2017 at 11:33 AM, AUniqueName said:

He's the most arrogant person I've come across on YouTube. 

And not the honest, down to earth kind of arrogant. The, I'm better than you, I know more than you, I'm more successful than you, deal with it - kind of arrogance 

His videos are repetitive and he have no creativity or imagination to them 

i think you are describing Salazar studio