Is the New Titan Xp worth it?

Shivan

Right Now I am looking at the new Titan Xp.

Is it better for me to use my 1080ti or buy the Titan Xp?

if you can spend $1200 and not bat an eye, sure. but the 1080ti has significantly better price/performance 

1 minute ago, Shivan said:

If you like burning money... Otherwise you're looking at $400+ extra or around 30% more money over the 1080Ti for not as much gains. 

3 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

None of the Titans are/have been worth the money. 

That depends on how much money you have.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, Shivan said:

the 1080ti is 700 the Xp is 1200. If you can find a sale a wee bit later you can probably grab 2 1080ti for the price of the titan. SLI 1080 ti absolutely dominate the xp .

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That depends on how much money you have.

I guess it depends on your personal definition of "worth it". But in terms of value for money, they've all been terrible when compared to the powerful non-Titan cards. 

If you've got the money to not even care when spending $1200 on a GPU, "worth it" doesn't even apply. 

2 minutes ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

I guess it depends on your personal definition of "worth it". But in terms of value for money, they've all been terrible when compared to the powerful non-Titan cards. 

If you've got the money to not even care when spending $1200 on a GPU, "worth it" doesn't even apply. 

That's the point.

"worth it" mean something different for every person.

For someone making lots of money, spending 0.01% instead of .005% of their money for the best possible performance isn't a problem.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

19 minutes ago, Shivan said:

NOPE

1080Ti > Titan Xp

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

1 minute ago, SeanAngelo said:

NOPE

1080Ti > Titan Xp

Thats questionable. Maybe it will follow the trend but with better power management in pascal and that many more cores we will see. Also if you didnt know they announced a new Titan Xp like yesterday 

The timing is unusual for Nvidia. Usually they release the latest  ridiculously priced Titan card first in order to vacuum money up from the people with more money than patience, THEN they follow up with a TI card that gives people the illusion of being reasonably priced by comparison.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x,  MOBO: ASUS TUF X570 Gaming Pro wifi, CPU cooler: Noctua U12a RAM: Gskill Ripjaws V @3600mhz,  GPU: Asus Tuf RTX OC 3080 PSU: Seasonic Focus GX850 CASE: Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh Storage: 500 GB Inland Premium M.2,  Sandisk Ultra Plus II 256 GB & 120 GB

Got more Money than brains sure get a Titan Xp. Or is your sensible enough get a GTX 1080ti. But saying that some people will say the same that getting a 1080ti you have more money than brains lol. 

If it was me and i won the lottery i would go buy the Titan Xp and upgrade my GPU everytime there is one better. 

Wait for Titan Xp benchmarks first. See what type of FPS its getting over the GTX 1080TI and if its worth the price tag "seriously doubt it cough cough under my breath"

Thats my best advice. 

• 9 months later...

Is the best gaming card next to the v. Titans are always the best in their class. Just cheap people that say other wise.

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

tbh atm with 1080ti prices the titan is really great value. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

The title of this sounds like an Austin Evans video title...

Used to be everywhere in LTT forums, had a break which lasted apparently 1 year LOL. 

Gonna get up againnnn.

Wake me up if I sleep again like Oppy.