MSI Trident 3 Review

Just now, Being Delirious said:

First

*Claps*

Want to know which mobo to get?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

chEcK iNsidE sPoilEr fOr a tREat!

@nicklmg @Slick @LinusTechCPu and GPU are labelled incorrectly! Unless Nvidia makes i7s and Intel makes GTX 1070s now...

-----> Official Unofficial Favorite Keyswitch Type Survey <-----

OWNER OF THE FASTEST INTEL iGPU ON LTT UNIGINE SUPERPOSITION [lol]

GAMING RIG "SNOWBLIND"

CPU i5-13600k | COOLING Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm (White) | MOTHERBOARD Gigabyte Z690 Aero G DDR4 | GPU Gigabyte RTX 3070 Vision OC (White) | RAM  16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB (White)SSD Samsung 980 Pro 1TB | PSU ASUS STRIX 850W (White)CASE  Phanteks G360a (White) | HEADPHONES  Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro | KEYBOARD Zoom75 (KTT Strawberry w/ GMK British Racing Green keycaps) | MOUSE  Cooler Master MM711 (White) MONITOR HP X32 1440p 165hz IPS

WORK RIG "OVERPRICED BRICK"

Mac Studio (M2 Ultra / 128GB / 1TB) | HEADPHONES  AirPods Pro 2 | KEYBOARD Logitech MX Mechanical Mini | MOUSE  Logitech MX Master 3S MONITOR 2x Dell 4K 32"

SECONDARY RIG "ALCATRAZ"

CPU i7-4770K OC @ 4.3GHz | COOLING Cryorig M9i (review| MOTHERBOARD ASUS Z87-PROGPU Gigabyte 1650 Super Windforce OC | RAM  16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3 1600 MHzSSD Samsung 860 Evo 512GB | HDD Toshiba 3TB 7200RPMPSU EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750WCASE  NZXT H230 | HEADPHONES  Sony WH-1000XM3  | KEYBOARD Corsair STRAFE - Cherry MX Brown | MOUSE  Logitech G602 MONITOR LG 34UM58-P 34" Ultrawide

HOLA NIGHT THEMERS

GET YOUR ASS ON NIGHT THEME

OTHER TECH I OWN:

MacBook Pro 16" [M1 Pro/32GB/1TB] | 2022 Volkswagen GTI | iPhone 14 Pro | Sony a6000 | Apple Watch Series 8 45mm | 2018 MBP 15" | Lenovo Flex 3 [i7-5500U, HD5500 (fastest on the forum), 8GB RAM, 256GB Samsung 840 Evo] | PS5, Xbox One & Nintendo Switch [Home Theater setup] | DJI Phantom 3 Standard | AirPods 2 | Jaybird Freedom (two pairs) & X2 [long story, PM if you want to know why I have 3 pairs of Jaybirds]

2 minutes ago, Shiv78 said:

@nicklmg @Slick @LinusTechCPu and GPU are labelled incorrectly! Unless Nvidia makes i7s and Intel makes GTX 1070s now...

Yeah we're fixing... thought it was fixed already but the wrong version got transcoded :( should be ready in a few.

17 minutes ago, nicklmg said:

Buy MSI Trident 3 on Amazon: http://geni.us/ZBOSu

Has MSI FINALLY delivered the perfect "console-killer" form factor PC with the Trident 3?

Thats my mouse

3 hours ago, nicklmg said:

Buy MSI Trident 3 on Amazon: http://geni.us/ZBOSu

Has MSI FINALLY delivered the perfect "console-killer" form factor PC with the Trident 3?

Killing consoles is racist, Nick. Your racism is not allowed on the forums. 

31 minutes ago, IAmLamp said:

Killing consoles is racist, Nick. Your racism is not allowed on the forums. 

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

3 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Racism - prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

pc vs console

Console killer starting at $1200... I don't think this is THE console killer. Max price should be around $400. Let's not forget most console gamers don't have piles of cash to waste on computers lol

For the money, it is a bad deal, as you are paying more for fewer features, and less upgradability.

Consider this, for over $200 less, you can build a similar system where you can overclock using the base clock, or use the money saved, to upgrade to a 7700k, as well as well as a 240mm liquid cooler in order to focus on higher overclocks (probably around 5.2GHz).

does it play well with the dockable gpu card expansions ive seen that are for laptops?

are any of the hdmi slots "passthru" capable?

otherwise nicely impressed the only real qualm i see is the 92°C ? i wonder if that temp goes down if unit placed horizontally instead of vertically (as long as vents have 1 inch clearence for breathing)

thanks for the vid

46 minutes ago, HimymCZe said:
Video published 42 min ago...
ALREADY OUT-DATED AS FUCK
Get a Syber Vapor Extreme PC with GTX 1080 Ti for $1,553
less liters, more bags per bucks...
SOURCE: http://www.pcgamer.com/get-a-syber-vapor-extreme-pc-with-gtx-1080-ti-for-1553

Value wise you are right, but you are comparing a 12 litres  case against a 4.8 one, you are comparing a pc that you can built the same yourself (using a silveston rv 01 case , that look also very similar ) against something that had to be ingeniered 

2 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Say, does that mean if you're black, then white supremacy is perfectly fine and not racist in the slightest?

Spoiler

Choose whatever you need. Any more, you're wasting your money. Any less, and you don't get the features you need.

Only you know what you need to do with your computer, so nobody's really qualified to answer this question except for you.

Some people just don't prefer having a PC, I get it, I play console as well.

The geek himself.

3 hours ago, bob51zhang said:

Say, does that mean if you're black, then white supremacy is perfectly fine and not racist in the slightest?

But PC vs Console is not race. And I was replying to the other guy about killing consoles and stuff

6 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

But PC vs Console is not race. And I was replying to the other guy about killing consoles and stuff

I know.... but definitions, right?

Spoiler

Some bad artifacting at the beginning of the video in 1080p youtube

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

It's not a console killer unless the price is below $500. It's console form factor, not console killer. These misleading titles are getting a lot of negative attention online. The following topic is sitting at nearly 5,000 upvotes on Reddit's biggest PC community.

Please correct the title of the video or something!

This is the server room fire hazard comment section all over again.

Everyone needs to shut the hell up. Nobody is going to buy a piece of shit PC for around the same price as a console. Consoles can get away with being so cheap because they actually lose money. Microsoft and Sony (maybe Nintendo?) make all the money back from the games, which by the way, are extremely optimized to play on a console. Most PC game are only sort of optimized so if you have a PC around the same price as a console, it's gonna play like trash. You'll never be able to play some indie games, and forget about Triple-A's.

You people need to do some damn research before running your mouths.