Is it worth paying extra for a 27 inch monitor?

IAR117

Personal preference.

IMO anything below 49" is tiny :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

Personal preference.

IMO anything below 49" is tiny :P

xD I'm at a desk. Not sure that'll be practical

2 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

blasphemy.

seems the larger you go in screen size, the PPI suffers, and as a super nerd for detail, I can spot  the difference. 

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

Go for 27! I had the same issues when I had to buy a monitor and I do not regret buying that 27! It is really awesome and watching movies on that screen, it's great.((Budget 1080p - 27")) 

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Well viewing distance is definitely a thing.

I bought a 27 inch monitor to put on a 18 inch desk. And I am 1 feet away from the desk. But this is counting the end of the Monitor Stand touching the end of the Desk and the Monitor screen itself is in the middle of the stand so take off about 4 inches.

This could be accommodated by buying a new desk but NAHHH.

Back to my point. So I was about 26 inches away (could be as far as 40 inches if I tilt back when watching a video or something but still the same result, just not as much) from the Monitor screen and I couldn't see the whole screen, I'd have to roll my eyes over to see the edges and it became a nuisance so I sold the thing.

I am now back to using a 22 inch monitor.

7cfd3b81dc0fd2639ab04a73a8f1180e.jpg

1 minute ago, R3ep3r said:

Go for 27! I had the same issues when I had to buy a monitor and I do not regret buying that 27! It is really awesome and watching movies on that screen, it's great.((Budget 1080p - 27")) 

Not going to lie, the 27 inch one is 60 pounds out of budget. Is it really that worth it? Also for the PPI thing, I honestly cannot find it

14 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

I'm at a desk too ;)

2XhvJTh.jpg

lol

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Well viewing distance is definitely a thing.

I bought a 27 inch monitor to put on a 18 inch desk. And I am 1 feet away from the desk. But this is counting the end of the Monitor Stand touching the end of the Desk and the Monitor screen itself is in the middle of the stand so take off about 4 inches.

This could be accommodated by buying a new desk but NAHHH.

Back to my point. So I was about 26 inches away from the Monitor screen and I couldn't see the whole screen, I'd have to roll my eyes over to see the edges and it became a nuisance so I sold the thing.

Lemme put it this way. I'm sitting in front of a 19 inch old acer monitor and I can see everything on the screen with tonnes of space to spare. Also, I'll be moving ot a new setup, with a new everything, so I don't know what my natural distance from the monitor is. Also I CBA to move the old monitor to my new steup to find out

14 minutes ago, Abyssal Radon said:

1080p on a 49" or 4K on a 49"? 

1080p and it sucks, I need to upgrade to 4k asap.

I'm on 55 btw, but I wouldn't go below 49. I like the immersion.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Enderman said:

I'm at a desk too ;)

2XhvJTh.jpg

lol

Jesus Christ...

I know for a fact that my desk wouldn't be big enough for that, see-

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/childrens-ikea-products/children-8-12/childrens-desks-chairs-8-12/micke-workstation-white-spr-09903014/

Bought it some time ago and will probably struggle with a 27 inch monitor.

3 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

Not going to lie, the 27 inch one is 60 pounds out of budget. Is it really that worth it? Also for the PPI thing, I honestly cannot find it

If your eye is not developed with some mutations that can see those little pixels.((Or in other words if you position yourself at more than 30cm from that monitor)) Then it is really worth it. I am currently using the monitor I have in my description ((27" - 1080p)) and I am standing at almost 40cm infront of that monitor and I do not see any pixel or other shits. Also if your budget is kinda low, then go for the 24" but if you can go for the 27", just do it.. you won't regret it at all.(If you use that PC in multimedia purposes - gaming, editing, modelling, watching movies bla bla)

|| CPU: Intel i5-8600K || Cooler: CoolerMaster Hyper 212X || Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 HD3P || GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti OC Windforce 4GB || Memory: 16GB Crucial DDR4 3000mhz || HDD: WD Black 500GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB || SSD: Samsung 980 1TB || PSU: Corsair VS550 || Case: nJoy Ice Cage || Fans: Segotep Halo Ring RGB ||Monitor: 2x Dell 27" P2717H IPS Full HD || Second Monitor/TV: LG 49UJ620V UHD || Mouse: Logitech G502 || Keyboard: Logitech G810 + Royal Kludge RK84 || Speakers: Philips SPA-5300 subw + Arylic 2.1 + DIY Bookshelves w/ Dayton Audio || Headphones: HyperX Cloud Flight S ||

TO BE UPGRADED:

>> Headphones << >> Keyboard << >> HDD << >> Mouse << >> PC Case << >> Memory(another stick) << >> Graphics Card << 

Just now, IAR117 said:

Lemme put it this way. I'm sitting in front of a 19 inch old acer monitor and I can see everything on the screen with tonnes of space to spare. Also, I'll be moving ot a new setup, with a new everything, so I don't know what my natural distance from the monitor is. Also I CBA to move the old monitor to my new steup to find out

Then the image is a good place to start, the image says for a 22 inch, between the 20 and 23inch would be around 4.5 feet (54inches) but I can see the whole monitor clearly at 33inches. That is when you can see the whole monitor clearly and not just see the whole monitor but your eye is only focused on the middle and the edges are blurred a bit.

If you are physically able to go to the store with a tape measure and test display units. That would be your best choice of action. Everyone's eyes are different.

1 minute ago, phongle123 said:

Then the image is a good place to start, the image says for a 22 inch, between the 20 and 23inch would be around 4.5 feet (54inches) but I can see the whole monitor clearly at 33inches. That is when you can see the whole monitor clearly and not just see the whole monitor but your eye is only focused on the middle and the edges are blurred a bit.

If you are physically able to go to the store with a tape measure and test display units. That would be your best choice of action. Everyone's eyes are different.

Just checked it out, although it's a very rough estimate, I'm beyond 30 cm from my monitor. I think I'll do best with a 24 inch, although I'll see if I can spare some money for the 27

1 minute ago, Technicolors said:

buttkickers?

Image result for buttkickers

Holy crap xD Dennis should review that in Dennis Discoveries

1 minute ago, IAR117 said:

Holy crap xD Dennis should review that in Dennis Discoveries

it's most often used in racing simulators. i've actually tried one myself once and it's pretty believeable reverb effects. of course the game has to model reverbs well, but every racing sim i know of can do it with good accuracy. 

@Abyssal Radoncheck that (in other words). All I wanted to say is that many people complain about buying a 27" 1080 because the pixel rate sucks. Man.. I own a god damned 27" and I don't see any pixel issue. Not even if I am just two cm away from it for real. Why do they complain that much about that PPI, because I don't see no difference at all and the pixels are not god damned BIG at 27". Maybe you could call them 'big' on a 40" screen - 1080p. 

TO BE UPGRADED:

30 minutes ago, IAR117 said:

No. It most likely worth it. A 23-24" 1080p display looks great. 

1 hour ago, Abyssal Radon said:

55" 1080p, I have a 48" 1080p TV in my room, and while it's shitty, it works for me since I only use it for Xbox One gaming and Netflix streaming. How close are you to your TV? How is the input lag?

I'm about 3-4 ft away, regular monitor distance.

It's like a multimonitor setup, but with no bezels.

Input lag is about 70ms but that's not a problem for the casual games I play. You get used to it, just like high ping.

4k would be a lot better for reading text though.

Spoiler

I don't think I can go lower than 2x 27" monitors these days (1080p), but that's just me and I do a lot more than just gaming.

-KuJoe

5 hours ago, phongle123 said:

What are these numbers?

Lets say i want 23". What is the distance? 4,7 potatoes? Kilometers? meters? decimeters?

Would be great to know, to convert it into non-retard units xD

Bad news all. The 27 inch one will not fit. I checked it and it just won't work.

However a 1440p panel-

https://www.alza.co.uk/24-aoc-ag241qx-d4527998.htm?kampan=adeu_uk-pla-cpa_produkty_c_9044975_WK217u21&gclid=Cj0KEQjwk-jGBRCbxoPLld_bp-IBEiQAgJaftQzJrnDPO9pmRFtOcvRPcCF4PYyLdEBkn3WT1F0qv4EaAtaC8P8HAQ

is available for the same price as the 1080p one. Although it isn't curved or quantum dot. What do you guys think?