solar freakin' roadways .. on fire

zMeul

Powered by AMDTM

2 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

Power storage by Samsung?

It's the battery not the storage that caught explosions from Note 7

13 hours ago, deXxterlab97 said:

It's the battery not the storage that caught explosions from Note 7

Maybe I should have said Energy Storage...  Do wonder if they bought up all of those Note 7 batteries on the cheap and tried to add them into the roadways. xD

13 hours ago, App4that said:

But how do they perform at 1080p?

The thermal throttling is horrible for racing games.

3 minutes ago, App4that said:

But how do they perform at 1080p?

In Crysis 3

Just now, WMGroomAK said:

The thermal throttling is horrible for racing games.

I told them to use a better AIO....

If anyone asks you never saw me.

1 minute ago, App4that said:

I told them to use a better AIO....

Welp there's your issue. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

Welp there's your issue. 

Custom loop, with government funding. You trippin

1 minute ago, App4that said:

If they want the job done properly, they'll have to pay. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Just now, DildorTheDecent said:

If they want the job done properly, they'll have to pay. 

Found the guy who never wrote a grant proposal! 

i thought they meant the *actual* solar roadway in france, not the joke that is solar freaking roadways.

15 minutes ago, App4that said:

*Phase cooling 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

21 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

*Phase cooling 

LN2 cooling required or only can be used in the arctic

main rig

Spoiler

corsair 750d | evga 1000w g2 | Gigabyte x99 soc champ | 5820k 4.0GHz | 1tb wd blue | 250gb samsung 840 evo  | Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 16GB 8x2 DDR4-2400 | MSI GTX 970 x2 | monitor Acer B286HK 28" 4K | razor chroma blackwidow  | razor death adder chroma

CENTOS 7 SERVER (PLEX&docker stuff)

Spoiler

NZXT s220 | evga 500w 80+ | AMD FX 8320e | ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 | 2x8gb non ecc ddr3 WD red 2TBx2 | seagate 160gb microcenter 8gb flashdrive OS

But does/did it have rgb?

And on the first day god said: "Cue one GO" And there was light!

6 minutes ago, WMGroomAK said:

RGB LEDs confirmed! But they need MORE!!!!

http://www.solarroadways.com/Home/Specifics

You mean, more money from suckers without a clue.

You know what, they earned that. If they can successfully land such a scam, they earned the money and the scammed deserved to be scammed.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

1 minute ago, Urishima said:

You mean, more money from suckers without a clue.

You know what, they earned that. If they can successfully land such a scam, they earned the money and the scammed deserved to be scammed.

It's not a scam. They developed solar panels you can drive on so that they can create energy from mostly unused space. It is the same idea as putting solar panels on your roof.

12 minutes ago, purple_rider said:

It's not a scam. They developed solar panels you can drive on so that they can create energy from mostly unused space. It is the same idea as putting solar panels on your roof.

The bloke up there has made several videos on the topic showing in detail why the proposed idea does not work. It is a waste of money. This specific video up there shows that they are a massive failure.

Sso they are either running a very successful con, or about as stupid as the people giving them money.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

21 minutes ago, purple_rider said:

the thing is, the panels are a hilareously bad road surface, they are appareantly insanely unreliable, and they use more power than they generate.

meanwhile in the netherlands a project that's proven to be viable:

5888466-3x2-940x627.jpg

23 minutes ago, purple_rider said:

It may not be a "scam," in that they believe that it works, but looking at the above video in the OP...the idea is absolute tosh. The power draw is horrible - which I would expect for LEDs that need to be bright enough in broad daylight(but they aren't anyway. Those reflections were absolutely awful and I could barely see the LEDs). If you and others(including the company itself) truly believe they're going to replace roads with this idea, you and the others are wrong.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1 hour ago, purple_rider said:

Yes it is 100% a scam if that video is accurate.  If they took a lot of money and years and all they managed was a pointlessly tiny area that never worked never generated any power then how is that not a scam?

They have seemingly failed to deliver on any of their crazy promises.

59 minutes ago, manikyath said:

the thing is, the panels are a hilareously bad road surface, they are appareantly insanely unreliable, and they use more power than they generate.

meanwhile in the netherlands a project that's proven to be viable:

The stuff in this picture looks far better IMO.  Hex shaped panels are not practical when roads are rectangles.  Parking lots, walkways, etc. are most often not shaped to match well with a hex shaped building block.  

Using a square or rectangle shaped panels seems much better to me.  

I think the basic idea is cool but it'd be really stupid to give those two idiots any more money.

2 hours ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It may not be a "scam," in that they believe that it works, but looking at the above video in the OP...the idea is absolute tosh. The power draw is horrible - which I would expect for LEDs that need to be bright enough in broad daylight(but they aren't anyway. Those reflections were absolutely awful and I could barely see the LEDs). If you and others(including the company itself) truly believe they're going to replace roads with this idea, you and the others are wrong.

This particular company could probably be a scam, I agree with you in that respect. The idea itself, however, is not.