Paladins Vs Overwatch

Go to solution Solved by Maxinfamily,

If you loved Paladins (which, as far as I know, is a... lets say "not so good copy" of OW) you will love OW. As always, Blizzard has polished It as much as they could, I love the gameplay and whats more the details in the maps, what the characters say to each other while playing, Its very detailed and every character has Its own personality, which makes It a very rich game... I just love It. I would never thought that I would play as much as I do hahaha. Buy It, make your friends buy It and enjoy tons of hours of entertainment.

P.D: Id love if every player understand that competitive =/= quickplay, but as in any other game, sometimes shit happends xD

Guys please help me I'm torn between this two games, I played 200 hours at paladins as I would say and the game is evolving, every patch is great and I enjoyed it, the graphics for me is fine not worst but not that great, the community or players are 50%-60% lower in terms of number and base in my experience the players are rarely toxic not like in DOTA2 or LoL but there are times the player just AFK or leave in games this happens usually in free games or the game is still in beta stage the servers are not stable, and ill just want to ask you guys, from your perspective, if you played both of the games or just played the overwatch. Is overwatch really that worth it for 39.99US$? is the game will still be viable in the future like DOTA2 or LoL? im interested also in overwatch coz the game is not for free with a huge price which is base on my perspective a game that isn't for free has less toxic gamers because not everyone can play it so less toxic gamers, so can u guys tell me should I buy it? is it enjoyable like for its price its really worth it? sorry for my bad English. so please tell me some points that overwatch have that paladins don't have (ex. paladins have card system which anti their team capacity and u cant change your hero so its very competitive). im having a dilemma to throw my money for overwatch on Friday

I like overwatch.

It's one of the few games I have ever bought.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Yes without a doubt. Overwatch is selling thousands of copies of the game daily. Tons of new and old players. Almost every other round you will play with a level 600+ once you get higher ranked, even in quick play. In competitive you get punished if you leave the game early. It has a great community (luck of the draw in quick play), and will be around for the foreseeable future.

GPU: XFX RX 7900 XTX

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D

I thought before Overwatch that I would never pay above like $20 for a purely multiplayer game with no story or anything. Then I played it in the beta and that changed real quick. 250+ hours and I'm still not tired of it.

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14 inch ------ One day I'll have a desktop again...

Overwatch is a game that you pay $40 for, and then never invest a dime in again. Free DLC for life.

It's worth it

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

If you loved Paladins (which, as far as I know, is a... lets say "not so good copy" of OW) you will love OW. As always, Blizzard has polished It as much as they could, I love the gameplay and whats more the details in the maps, what the characters say to each other while playing, Its very detailed and every character has Its own personality, which makes It a very rich game... I just love It. I would never thought that I would play as much as I do hahaha. Buy It, make your friends buy It and enjoy tons of hours of entertainment.

P.D: Id love if every player understand that competitive =/= quickplay, but as in any other game, sometimes shit happends xD

Do you have any friends playing overwatch? If not, then don't. Paladins and Overwatch are very similar. Gameplay and character wise. However if you have some friends that play Overwatch and you are generally interested in the game than go buy it. It's really is entertaining.

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

21 minutes ago, crosstiger said:

Do you have any friends playing overwatch? If not, then don't. Paladins and Overwatch are very similar. Gameplay and character wise. However if you have some friends that play Overwatch and you are generally interested in the game than go buy it. It's really is entertaining.

in paladins i dont have friends who played it. they only play dota2 or csgo but never got interested in playing paladins i tried once but their pc cant handle the paladins in lowest settings (im living in a 3rd world country). so im alone, i played paladins because i browse 9gag. i saw the hype post  for the overwatch in beta like game of thrones post every episode, and then weeks/month later i saw a post about a meme of pls dont copy everything, so i found out the paladins so i tried it out and it was entertaining and really interested to buy overwatch because of the huge gap in graphics and community(number of players/ videos in youtube that usually get 1m-2m views) so i think i will get overwatch in friday.

23 minutes ago, PCApprenticeRace said:

in paladins i dont have friends who played it. they only play dota2 or csgo but never got interested in playing paladins i tried once but their pc cant handle the paladins in lowest settings (im living in a 3rd world country). so im alone, i played paladins because i browse 9gag. i saw the hype post  for the overwatch in beta like game of thrones post every episode, and then weeks/month later i saw a post about a meme of pls dont copy everything, so i found out the paladins so i tried it out and it was entertaining and really interested to buy overwatch because of the huge gap in graphics and community(number of players/ videos in youtube that usually get 1m-2m views) so i think i will get overwatch in friday.

They can run cs:go but can't run paladins? Are they playing on igpus? :D

If you find any grammar or spelling errors please fill out entry permit A38, thanks.

Greetings from germany

Profilepicture by Chibiterasu-chan

13 minutes ago, crosstiger said:

They can run cs:go but can't run paladins? Are they playing on igpus? :D

idk why they said it cant run on their pc unplayable fps. maybe :D

Overwatch is a very polished and good designed Game. With Friends its Fun, i wouldnt play it alone tho. Never played Paladins, cant say anything about it.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

11 hours ago, PCApprenticeRace said:

to be honest this will be my first time in my life i will spend my money to buy a game, coz mainly i play free esport game like DOTA2, and i pirate download AAA games coz im really thrifty(dont ban me i just tell the truth), dont wanna throw a money just to buy a game. i really wish that the hype i saw in the internet would not disappoint me, and oh yes i hear some people in my workplace that really do love overwatch when they play its like a blackhole once you play overwatch you never go back ( you never know how many hours you played coz u are really enjoying the game that very much) thats what i hear so its huge bonus for me.

I have quite a few friends that are really into it because it's a well polished competitive FPS. I personally don't care too much for Overwatch since I prefer competitive FPS's similar to CSGO where there isn't a lot of, how should I say this... wackiness I guess.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Overwatch is mixed for me. It feels great to play, it's immensely polished, has much better servers than Paladins (HiRez doesn't exactly have the best server host for their games)... but I also find it really frustrating. I haven't played Paladins since earlier in its closed beta stages, but from what I played then it was much slower than Overwatch. Personally I find getting oneshot by the fucking tank who has 600 health and can heal himself and pull you to him from 100 metres away makes my blood saltier than the dead sea.

Basically Overwatch is a better made game but can be really frustrating if you're not playing with a coordinated group because there is a pretty set in stone meta and many things feel like they have no counterplay until you've really mastered the game (or have a group to deal with certain strategies).

Overwatch is great, but be prepared for "toxic" (I really dislike that term) players if you don't play it correctly.

The teams are really small so even one person playing poorly affects the whole team greatly, and quite a few people don't like that.

There are game-modes where it doesn't really matter if you win or lose so if you just want to have fun then play those and ignore the "toxic" players if they appear (the vast majority of matches are completely silent both in text and voice chat). But if you are playing something like competitive mode, capture the flag or 3vs3 then be prepared that people take it very seriously and are unforgiving when it comes to playing poorly.

I'd recommend it, but be prepared for people getting mad at you for being a pro Genji (read: bad Genji) or not playing healer.

10 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

There are game-modes where it doesn't really matter if you win or lose

If you mean Quick Play (which is the most casual "regular' gamemode) one of my friends would disagree with you :P 

5 minutes ago, Daring said:

If you mean Quick Play (which is the most casual "regular' gamemode) one of my friends would disagree with you :P 

I was actually thinking of mystery heroes.

I think that's the only game-mode where I have never seen anyone complain about their own team.

Just now, LAwLz said:

I was actually thinking of mystery heroes.

I think that's the only game-mode where I have never seen anyone complain about their own team.

Ah. Probably because team comp changes every time you die, so you're never stuck with bad comp for long.

guys I already bought the Overwatch it is so fucking yey. money not wasted im having fun its like I don't get tired at playing at it. :D