1080Ti OFFICIAL LAUNCH - 35% FASTER!

Slick
53 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Yeah I'll pay a thousand dollars in a card to have to use some ugly adapter when taking the port out made no difference what so ever but simply not have it there any more.

Yeah, they could of left the port.

I still use Dual-DVI too since my monitor only has that connection.  Can't stand using adapters, annoying things and in my case may cause issues with an OCed Overlord.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

I was thinking of waiting until the 1180's came out (recently got a 1050ti as a stand in until the 1180 release) but at that price 1080ti looks like the card for me.

Just need to see some benchmarks to come out and confirm the 35% increase and I'm sold!

When do we reckon other manufactures (asus, evga) will release their versions?

3 hours ago, potoooooooo said:

Good lord. Scared of AMD, or was this always the planned release?

Releases like this don't happen out of fear. It takes months and months of pre-planning and manufacturing. 

5 hours ago, JoeyDM said:

Releases like this don't happen out of fear. It takes months and months of pre-planning and manufacturing. 

What makes you think it wasn't already ready?

They could have been holding it back. The way they teased it the day Ryzen was announced makes me think they were just waiting.

It's not like it's much different from the Titan XP, which has been out for a long time

Does anyone know if it will allow for triple/quad sli?

I'm glad they ditched DVI, now the card can be single slot with a waterblock thrown on it!

Need DVI? Use an HDMI to DVI-D adapter, or DP to DVI-D adapter.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

9 hours ago, Princess Cadence said:

Why? I still use the DVI-D in my Titan XP to connect to the monitor and the HDMI to connect to the TV, I never used Display Port in my life.

Buy a $1200 graphics card so you can use DVI, even when Display Port is supported...

Your resolution is bad, and you should feel bad

20-of-the-funniest-one-liner-jokes-by-our-favorite-tv-characters-14.jpg

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

30 minutes ago, FelixC said:

Does anyone know if it will allow for triple/quad sli?

Yeah, check the Nvidia website and the GeForce website. You can get a bridge that supports up to quad SLI

"There is a fine line between not listening, and not caring. I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life."

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X w/stock cooler, Motherboard: MSI X370 GAMING PLUS, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 24gb DDR4-2600, GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 SUPER XC, Case: NZXT S340, PSU: Corsair RMx 750w, Keyboard: Corsair K50, Mouse: Corsair Ironclaw

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

3 minutes ago, Vulrax said:

I need this but i have no money.

Rob a bank

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

9 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Buy a $1200 graphics card so you can use DVI, even when Display Port is supported...

Your resolution is bad, and you should feel bad

Jealousy is a bitch [:

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

4 minutes ago, Princess Cadence said:

Jealousy is a bitch [:

Jealousy? Why would I want a Titan when I can buy

oh yeah that 1080ti that's half the cost and can outperform it. There's that

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

9 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

I'm glad they ditched DVI, now the card can be single slot with a waterblock thrown on it!

Need DVI? Use an HDMI to DVI-D adapter, or DP to DVI-D adapter.

if you're spending 700+ dollars on a GPU and only have monitor support for DVI input you should probably think about getting a newer monitor anyway, surely you can afford it.

14 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Yeah, check the Nvidia website and the GeForce website. You can get a bridge that supports up to quad SLI

pretty sure thats the spacing on the bays, not how many cards it will connect to. 10 series cards only officially support 2 way SLI, why would the sell a bridge they wouldn't support?

2 minutes ago, Daniel644 said:

pretty sure thats the spacing on the bays, not how many cards it will connect to. 10 series cards only officially support 2 way SLI, why would the sell a bridge they wouldn't support?

Huh, I guess you're right. I thought they meant quad-SLI. My bad

edit: Kinda got confused cause of this

5826014922145792.png?k=m9788yp-GWUk7J7MAak6DtUqH10

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

14 minutes ago, N1ghtshade said:

Rob a bank

ok

Send me pics of dogs, cats or animals

❤️ @Sylvie05

Just now, Vulrax said:

ok

I'll be the driver. You get the gun

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

10 hours ago, N1ghtshade said:

Huh, I guess you're right. I thought they meant quad-SLI. My bad

edit: Kinda got confused cause of this

5826014922145792.png?k=m9788yp-GWUk7J7MAak6DtUqH10

Slot is Spacing, WAY is how many video cards

8 hours ago, Daniel644 said:

Slot is Spacing, WAY is how many video cards

Ah ok

Spoiler

Desktop:

Spoiler

Laptop:

Spoiler

Lenovo IdeaPad S540

1080ti and a cheap 8 core AMD card, I can't wait for my next build!

On 1. 3. 2017 at 7:24 AM, Slick said:

Nvidia steps it up a notch by delivering 35% more speed over their GTX 1080.

Buy GTX 1080ti(When it's available) on Amazon: http://geni.us/iA6Qm4

Our Affiliates, Referral Programs, and Sponsors: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...

Check out our Linus Tech Tips posters at http://crowdmade.com/linustechtips

https://twitter.com/linustech
http://www.facebook.com/LinusTech

Intro Screen Music Credit:
Title: Laszlo - Supernova
Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKfxm...
iTunes Download Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/sup...
Artist Link:

Outro Screen Music Credit: Approaching Nirvana - Sugar High http://www.youtube.com/approachingnir...

Sound effects provided by http://www.freesfx.co.uk/sfx/

it is faster but i think in EU is overpriced as hell cuz shitty taxes