Any idea why Amazon doesn't have the PS4 Pro for sale currently?

Bleedingyamato

Did they just run out?    Is there a shortage?    Are there problems with the Pro that are affecting restocking?

I wanted to get a PS4 Pro to play Horizon: Zero Dawn on rather than my standard PS4 but for the last few weeks at least since I started looking on Amazon for one they suddenly don't have any.  Not even a listing for it sold by Amazon only third parties.  

5 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Did they just run out?    Is there a shortage?    Are there problems with the Pro that are affecting restocking?

I wanted to get a PS4 Pro to play Horizon: Zero Dawn on rather than my standard PS4 but for the last few weeks at least since I started looking on Amazon for one they suddenly don't have any.  Not even a listing for it sold by Amazon only third parties.  

I heard servers are down or were down idk maybe it's that?

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Does the PS4 pro give you a 1080p 60fps option?

because it appears they both run at 30fps here

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

34 minutes ago, Lilninjsways said:

I heard servers are down or were down idk maybe it's that?

I'm talking about wanting to get a Pro not the PSN network sorry.

33 minutes ago, AG1233 said:

They probably ran out of them, try any other retailer or website?

I'd prefer Amazon bevause I know if anything is wrong with it that they'll swap it without any hassle.  

26 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Idk actually.  I haven't really looked into the differences between how it's supposed to run on a standard PS4 vs the Pro.  

It did say in the video that it will be getting a patch either at or near launch I think it was that sounds like it might be enabling PS4 Pro improvements or at lesst enhancing the game's ability to make use of the Pro hardware.  

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

I'd prefer Amazon bevause I know if anything is wrong with it that they'll swap it without any hassle.  

I can understand that I buy mainly things on Amazon as well.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Idk actually.  I haven't really looked into the differences between how it's supposed to run on a standard PS4 vs the Pro.  

It did say in the video that it will be getting a patch either at or near launch I think it was that sounds like it might be enabling PS4 Pro improvements or at lesst enhancing the game's ability to make use of the Pro hardware.  

I am pretty sure the Pro has a option for the games which gives you a choice between consistent frames or a higher resolution.

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I'm talking about wanting to get a Pro not the PSN network sorry.

I'd probably suggest just saving your money and living with 1080p 30fps or whatever it is, until the patch is confirmed working well

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

16 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You get better anisotropic filtering and higher resolution textures on the Pro vs the base/Slim PS4. You will never get a steady 60 fps on the Pro on a 30 fps base PS4 game, as the cpu overclock is only 30% in the Pro. The PS4 Pro is not a 1080p 60 fps console because of the ridiculous cpu bottleneck. The high framerate modes on the PS4 Pro suck because they're usually an unsteady 40-45 fps or so, which I think looks worse than a locked 30 fps.

7 hours ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

You get better anisotropic filtering and higher resolution textures on the Pro vs the base/Slim PS4. You will never get a steady 60 fps on the Pro on a 30 fps base PS4 game, as the cpu overclock is only 30% in the Pro. The PS4 Pro is not a 1080p 60 fps console because of the ridiculous cpu bottleneck. The high framerate modes on the PS4 Pro suck because they're usually an unsteady 40-45 fps or so, which I think looks worse than a locked 30 fps.

The 30FPS on the vanilla PS4 could simply be because it's an old GPU being pushed to its limit. As long as the CPU can get the work done within 1/60th of a second, it doesn't matter what kind of potato it is.

Also it's hard to compare bottleneck potential for consoles because they run much more efficiently than PCs.

47 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

The 30FPS on the vanilla PS4 could simply be because it's an old GPU being pushed to its limit. As long as the CPU can get the work done within 1/60th of a second, it doesn't matter what kind of potato it is.

Also it's hard to compare bottleneck potential for consoles because they run much more efficiently than PCs.

The cpu bottleneck is why Uncharted 4 was stuck at 30 fps on PS4 Pro despite Naughty Dog wanting to do that game at 60 fps from the beginning. No way they wouldn't have done a 60 fps version if it was possible on the PS4 Pro. That cpu can't handle it. Horizon runs at 30 fps on the PS4 Pro also at 1080p, and there is no way it's because of the gpu there.

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

The cpu bottleneck is why Uncharted 4 was stuck at 30 fps on PS4 Pro despite Naughty Dog wanting to do that game at 60 fps from the beginning. No way they wouldn't have done a 60 fps version if it was possible on the PS4 Pro. That cpu can't handle it. Horizon runs at 30 fps on the PS4 Pro also at 1080p, and there is no way it's because of the gpu there.

And how do you know that wasn't because the artists went "we want this game to look prettier"? Or that they couldn't guarantee 60FPS consistently?

Metal Gear Solid V manages to look amazing, play amazing, and still run at 60 FPS despite running on that processor.

2 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

And how do you know that wasn't because the artists went "we want this game to look prettier"? Or that they couldn't guarantee 60FPS consistently?

Metal Gear Solid V manages to look amazing, play amazing, and still run at 60 FPS despite running on that processor.

So is a Pro worth getting?    Assuming Amazon ever gets more.  

Any idea why they're out for a while now?

2 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

So is a Pro worth getting?    Assuming Amazon ever gets more.  

Any idea why they're out for a while now?

I would say yes, because there's a patch coming out that will let the PS4 Pro boost performance of games even if they don't explicitly support the PS4 Pro.

And I don't know why Amazon wouldn't have any.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

I would say yes, because there's a patch coming out that will let the PS4 Pro boost performance of games even if they don't explicitly support the PS4 Pro.

And I don't know why Amazon wouldn't have any.

Good to know thank you.

I just find it both frustrating and strange that Amazon hasn't had the Pro for sale from them for a while now and not even a backordered notice to go on.

3 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Digital Foundry has shown that it's a cpu bottleneck stopping the PS4 Pro from being a 60 fps system at 1080p. I'm impressed Kojima was able to get Phantom Pain running at 60 fps on the base PS4 but that's the exception. What other big releases run at 60 fps in the SP campaigns besides the PS3 remasters (TLOU, Uncharted 1-3, God of War III) and MGS V, the two Infamous games, and Nioh?

21 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Good to know thank you.

I just find it both frustrating and strange that Amazon hasn't had the Pro for sale from them for a while now and not even a backordered notice to go on.

Why not just grab it at Best Buy or Walmart then? Those would surely be easier returns since they wouldn't require shipping. Newegg's ebay store has been running some great deals on the Pro lately. Like Pro + 2 games for $400.

4 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Digital Foundry has shown that it's a cpu bottleneck stopping the PS4 Pro from being a 60 fps system at 1080p. I'm impressed Kojima was able to get Phantom Pain running at 60 fps on the base PS4 but that's the exception. What other big releases run at 60 fps in the SP campaigns besides the PS3 remasters (TLOU, Uncharted 1-3, God of War III) and MGS V, the two Infamous games, and Nioh?

Measuring the output of a device does not explain anything other than what is observed. I doubt they got cozy with any of the developers to discuss technical aspects of the system as to why they cannot or could not achieve 60 FPS.

36 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

Why not just grab it at Best Buy or Walmart then? Those would surely be easier returns since they wouldn't require shipping. Newegg's ebay store has been running some great deals on the Pro lately. Like Pro + 2 games for $400.

Because if for some reason I'd need to exchange it literally all I'd need to do is call them and say I want to exchange it because it's damaged or I think it is and they'll just do it.

Best buy would pull it out of the box and try to replicate the issue on command and if they couldn't they'd box it back up and send me home with it.

They did that to me with a PS3 once.  I refuse to ever buy another game console from Best Buy.    

On 2/28/2017 at 1:50 PM, Streetguru said:

No but in the 4.50 update they will add a boost mode for higher performance, so yes they do but it's not out yet