Folding on windows 2K questions, and some ramblings about stuff

Hello, don't know if anyone remebers me it's been so long since I've made a post.

anyway, I was wondering if running an older version of folding at home (one that runs on windows 2k) actually does anything? I'm receiving unit's on my one server that is still rocking 2k, and just wondering if it is actually working.

I don't think I deserve a badge seeing as I've been offline for forever. But I'll slowly be getting my workunit's up now that I've got 4 more servers in the new building :)

pretty much been off the internet this past while, and all my folding servers have been offline. LETS FIX THAT!

so the important bit, does running an old folding at home client still work,

and having a good weekend chaps?

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

@Mentalguy @Whaler_99 might be able to answer your question.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i know v 6.3 of folding at home still receives work units so as long as you can still receive them you should be good to go.

What are the minimum system requirements?

All computers can contribute to Folding@home. However, if the computer is too slow (e.g. wasn’t bought in the last 3-4 years or so), the computer might not be fast enough to make the deadlines of typical work units. A Pentium 3 450 MHz or newer equivalent computer (with SSE) is able to complete work units before they expire.

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/faq/#ntoc10

thank you very much.

2600K 4.6ghz, Maximus IV extreme-z, 16gb 1600, GTX 780, SB X-Fi Titanium HD, CM silent pro m 850, corsair 800D

Why not install ubuntu on it and fold?

never had any luck every timne Ive tried to use Linux for anything.

If you find the thread I posted when the folding team first started up, my plan was to have every server running linux, but that just didn't work the way I had hoped. It just would not work.

never had any luck every timne Ive tried to use Linux for anything.

If you find the thread I posted when the folding team first started up, my plan was to have every server running linux, but that just didn't work the way I had hoped. It just would not work.

Have you tried the link from [H]ard for installing ubuntu? That is pretty straight forward...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

According to the Folding stats, you have not submitted any numbers since July. Have you submitted anything yet?

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99