DDR4 Memory Will Be Released By Next Month

digitalnav

Easily not worth it. unless you have like a 5+ year old non upgraded system then be my guest.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Not worth picking up till skylake (pcie4/ddr4) in spring 2015.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Oh wow, thanks for that interesting date.

So by then, gamers will have some freaking interestingly powerful systems... But the cost will arise :(

Why can't companies put a permanent price cut on old products so its new generation will have the previous price...

Do not know much about how business works, if you can explain the above plz do so.

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

they gonna play the - its brand new, looks like dirt, charge 10x the price and get away with it card. they will wait for everyone to buy the puke green edition then release a normal nice looking set a month later for everyone to buy again. 

Except that RAM "heatsinks" (which they really aren't, as they are attached with TAPE) has zero function. If you want to spend $40 more on something that looks like it belongs in a McDonald's kiddy meal then be my guest.

As for the OP: Let me guess.... CL288 minim latency? Mild exaggeration but you get the point. RAM just keeps getting equalized by the sacrifices in one type of speed over another. Granted, we know that latency is not as important as bandwith, but at some point trying to progress RAM frequencies is going to become even more pointless than it is now. Unless we find a better root design.

Wait, we have nothing that supports DDR4 yet, no?

The earliest would be Haswell-E which is due like... Q2 next year lol

Intel, with Haswell-E, is the first to announce DDR4 support. Do not discount the possibility of DDR4 on AMD FM2+ in Q1. Also, Haswell-E is Q3-4.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Intel, with Haswell-E, is the first to announce DDR4 support. Do not discount the possibility of DDR4 on AMD FM2+ in Q1. Also, Haswell-E is Q3-4.

Oops, yeah that'd be really interesting. IF DDR4 comes in at a respectable price range then it may be very beneficial to AMD APU systems making low-budget rigs even better.

microsoft why didnt u wait

instead ur using a big ass botleneck

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

This is interesting, and with Haswell refreshing in 2014, maybe it will support DDR4, since Haswell-E is going to support the DDR4

System

CPU: i7 4770kMotherboard: Asus Maximus VI HeroRAM: HyperX KHX318C9SRK4/32 - 32GB DDR3-1866 CL9 / GPU: Gainward Geforce GTX 670 Phantom Case: Cooler Master HAF XBStorage: 1 TB WD BluePSU: Cooler Master V-650sDisplay(s): Dell U2312HM, LG194WT, LG E1941

Cooling: Noctua NH-D15Keyboard: Logitech G710+Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus SpectrumSound: Focusrite 2i4 - USB DAC / OS: Windows 7 (still holding on XD)

I cant see much of benefit for consumer except if you own APU.

New games will get a peformance boost from it.

Battlefield 4 gets way more FPS with high speed ram.

The only reason why it didn't do anything in the last years was because of the Ps3/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU.

Soon we will see drastic changes in games and how they use Hardware.

RTX2070OC 

New games will get a peformance boost from it.

The only reason why it didn't bring anything in the last years was because of the Ps3/Xbox360/Wii/WiiU.

Soon we will see drastic changes in games and how they use Hardware.

Hmmm, you may be right. Makes sence.

I'm only happy because DDR3 prices will drop! :D

I dont think so. DDR2 went up with price when DDR3 came out.

This was a rumor which was almost immediately disproved.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

• 2 weeks later...

I will provide a link to Crucial on the topic.

I know that Linus had already talked about this in the WAN Show, and on NCIX.com. However I want to know what your thought were on the switch to DDR 4. In my opinion, computers are pretty over due for a ram upgrade, especially servers, and enterprise computers. But in the gaming perspective, how much of a difference do we think we will actually see? As of right now, having a higher Mhz ram DIM doesn't translate into a whole lot of beneficial performance in gaming, unless you are using and APU from AMD or something similar. Although, we would need new motherboards and probably a new processor, or does haswell have a DDR 4 controller? I don't know on the processor part, but we will need new mother boards. Anyways, to wrap this up, what do you guys think, how much of a performance increase will we see in gaming, servers, and enterprise machines? I'm excited for DDR 4!

http://www.crucial.com/promo/DDR4.aspx <--- Link to the article

I think future Frostbite games will utilize quick RAM quite well.

144Hz goodness

Dosent ddr4 get rid of dual channel ?

and isnt there going to be 16gb sticks ?

DDR4 is gonna be absolutely amazing for APU's. Although I will not be taking advantage of this I can't wait to see how good it turns out to be.

Dosent ddr4 get rid of dual channel ?

and isnt there going to be 16gb sticks ?

No it doesn't :) DDR4 adds another 2 clocks on the same memory, but has nothing to do with bandwidth.

They said 4gb will be the minimum amount of memory avaiable, and this will allow for bigger modules, so expect to see 16gb sticks once the OS gets up to the date with it. 

Oh man now I'm excited. By the end of the year i'll get my 290x and water block it. Then next year with the new sockets, CPU's, and Mobo's i'll finish with a full upgreade and continue my custom loop to the cpu :D this is goona be awesome for gaming!.

Work Station:: Cooler Master Storm Trooper // i7-3930K @ 3.9 GHz // Asus Sabertooth X79 // Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4X4GB) 1600 MHz // Cooler Master 1200W Gold // Xonar Essence STX // Radeon HD 6970 // Avermedia HD Live Gamer Pro

Gaming Rig:: Cooler Master Scout // i7-2700k @ 4.0GHz // MSI Z68 // G-Skill Ripjaw 16GB (4X4EB) 1066MHz // Antec 750W Bronze // Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi HD // EVGA GTX 670

I agree with the frostbite statement. That is the only game engine that actually uses higher mhz ram, other than that, pretty much everyone is going to have to rewrite a section of their game engines to use the new memory effectively, and efficiently.The only real draw back is that Haswell does not have a DDR 4 controller (Says TomsHardware) http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Haswell-E-DDR4-Ivy-Bridge,22022.html However, Haswell E should have a DDR 4 controller, 12-16 cores and a TDP of 130W. Furthermore, everyone will probably have to upgrade their motherboard and CPU

just to be clear, ddr4 2133 and ddr3 at 2133 with the same latency will perform exactly the same right? 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

just to be clear, ddr4 2133 and ddr3 at 2133 with the same latency will perform exactly the same right? 

In theory, yes, but we can not be entirely sure until Haswell-E comes out with the DDR 4 controller 

In theory, yes, but we can not be entirely sure until Haswell-E comes out with the DDR 4 controller 

Well a memory controller throws in an entirely different variable in there. 

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place