DDR4 Memory Will Be Released By Next Month

digitalnav

DDR4-Memory-Modules-.jpg

It seems that DDR4 isn’t as far away as we thought . According to Crucial Memory’s promo page  it’s going to come out late 2013. There is  just one month left till the years end. So that being said, we are going to have DDR4 in our PC’s hopefully by next month. Of course DDR4 has a different architecture, meaning we are going to need a different motherboard, we can’t just put them in our old DDR3 systems. But, is it worth upgrading to DDR4? Crucial Memory also provided a comparison chart with some specifications of what DDR4 will offer, just to show you the difference. The DDR4 will only eat up 1.2Volts as stated by Crucial , while having twice the speed of DDR3 Memory. DDR4 will run on a base memory speed of 2133MHz while having 4GB as their minimum density. According to the chart, we can see that DDR4 is 100% faster than DDR3, requires 20% less voltage and has 300% more density than that of DDR3.     Compared to DDR3, DDR4 will have a smaller die allowing more memory per RAM and also allowing DDR4 to hold up to 16GB per module. Well, that’s massive and twice the single stick DDR3 could provide (8GB). We can’t predict the accurate date of when DDR4 will come out, but as a wild guess it may be available by the middle of next month. Crucial Memory isn’t just one of the manufacturers who are going to throw up DDR4 memory that early. Seeing the increasing competition in the market, we may see more manufacturers coming up with early releases of DDR4, forcing motherboard manufacturers to come up with compatible motherboards.

Read more:

DDR4 Memory Will Be Released By Next Month 

http://www.hardwarepal.com/ddr4-memory-will-released-next-month/

Research and Development at Digital Storm

Personal Website: www.DigitalNav.net

I'd rather have DDR2 1200 CL5

[AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ Socket 754 | Gigabyte GA-K8NS Pro nForce3 | OCZ 2GB DDR PC3200 | Sapphire HD 3850 512MB AGP | 850 Evo | Seasonic 430W | Win XP/10]

Yay! Moar ram! And it's faster... and stuff....

Really the only thing I'm interested in is how motherboards are going to differ compared to boards that support DDR3

I would like some but I do not want to spend $ on a new mobo, cpu and then ram just for it. And also it might be really expensive right away. But I am very happy to see that it is coming out.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

okay so a 16 gb stick will cost like: 1000 USD?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Well that was sudden.

Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait Edition █ CPU: Intel i7-4790K █ GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 780Ti █ RAM: 8GB AVEXIR DDR3 1600  █ Storage: 120GB Kingston HyperX SSD + 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD 

█ Monitor: 21.5" 1080p 60Hz  PSU: 700w █ Case: Fractal Define R4 █       ...LTT Dark Theme master race.

Project MiniConsole

Will this work with current gen processors?

we will need haswell e

Build Log: Monochrome

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87MX-D3H | Graphics Card: Asus HD 7970 DirectCU II | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB | PSU: Corsair CXM 600 | Storage: OCZ Vertex 4 128GB,2 Seagate Baracuda 3TB | Case: Corsair 350D Window

I wonder what the price tag is...

And some nicer looking ram please?

We need black pcb's and good looking heatsinks!

yay :| no motherboards will support this but yay :|

they will have server mobos what i know to support them

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

they will have server mobos what i know to support them

so none consumer grade motherboards will support them. interesting

Character artist in the Games industry.

so none consumer grade motherboards will support them. interesting

No but the market thinks like this:

BUY YOUR DDR4 RAM now and tell everyone that you got one and put videos up about it and buy a mobo to it next year!!!

NOW you can only for it for a fue billions and next year a fue 100 bucks!!

Buy now TO WIN!!

No but the market thinks like this:

BUY YOUR DDR4 RAM now and tell everyone that you got one and put videos up about it and buy a mobo to it next year!!!

NOW you can only for it for a fue billions and next year a fue 100 bucks!!

Buy now TO WIN!!

so get DDR4 Ram now, and buy a motherboard in a year that will most likely not be compatible with it... seams legit

Character artist in the Games industry.

I don't think DDR4 is going to do as expected with the shortage of chips and increase in price :/

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

About freaking time.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | I7 930 2.80GHz(stock) | Noctua NH-D14 | 6GB Corsair @ 1600 | Sapphire 5850 Toxic Edition 1GB | Corsair TX750W | Corsair C70 black |<p>Collection of Parts for next build: Corsair 760T | Windows 7 Pro | Corsair AX850 |http://jond7.deviantart.com/ - https://www.facebook.com/JonD7

DDR4 with an 8 core 2011 chip, that would be a dream. A dream I will spend my money on.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

they gonna play the - its brand new, looks like dirt, charge 10x the price and get away with it card. they will wait for everyone to buy the puke green edition then release a normal nice looking set a month later for everyone to buy again. 

I'll be happy if it pushes the price of ddr3 down, then I'll get one more ddr3 system before I upgrade to ddr4 and whatever else is on offer by then.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Lets try to make it cheaper before we release a new version... ughh. But I still can't wait to see how fast this memory will be :D 

By the time consumer grade hardware supports it, it'll be at a much more affordable price-range. Good to see it so soon though.

Interested in Linux, SteamOS and Open-source applications? Go here

Gaming Rig - CPU: i5 3570k @ Stock | GPU: EVGA Geforce 560Ti 448 Core Classified Ultra | RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB DDR3 1600 | SSD: Crucial M4 128GB | HDD: 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB WD Caviar Black, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Case: Antec Lanboy Air | KB: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue | Mouse: Corsair Vengeance M95 | Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2

Wait, we have nothing that supports DDR4 yet, no?

The earliest would be Haswell-E which is due like... Q2 next year lol