Dbrand vs SlickWraps... Whats the difference???

jwally40

So I am considering getting a skin for my google pixel xl, and I was wondering if there is any difference in quality in the products. 

SlickWraps has way cooler skins, but I have heard that Dbrand is better. What should I do?

For the next couple hours SlickWraps has 50% off. I'd just buy one to see what it's like, if you like it, keep it.

My buddy just bought three for his phone.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I strongly dislike dbrand. And the other uses the same stuff,  my wrap only lasted about a week or two. Then it started breaking off. Don't know how but if you drop it,  it splits. They ruin phones like cases do.  Don't get one. 

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I avoid SlickWraps like the plague after buying two (and receiving zero) for my old HTC One M8. I was far from alone. The SlickWraps thread on XDA was full of people who kept getting the run-around from SlickWraps as to what the status of their skins was, kiting forward the responsibility to refund customers for products that didn't exist. Shady business run by shady people in my experience.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

10 minutes ago, BadluckBrian said:

I strongly dislike dbrand. And the other uses the same stuff,  my wrap only lasted about a week or two. Then it started breaking off. Don't know how but if you drop it,  it splits. They ruin phones like cases do.  Don't get one. 

9 minutes ago, aisle9 said:

I avoid SlickWraps like the plague after buying two (and receiving zero) for my old HTC One M8. I was far from alone. The SlickWraps thread on XDA was full of people who kept getting the run-around from SlickWraps as to what the status of their skins was, kiting forward the responsibility to refund customers for products that didn't exist. Shady business run by shady people in my experience.

kek, Both dbrand and Slickwraps have horrible customer experiences..

its 3m tape or adhesive, its going to peel off sooner or later either its in a week or a year 

Just buy vinyl from amazon and make your own design, its like 100x cheaper.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Ok thanks guys, I ended up buying a crazy wolf skin from slickwraps while it was on sale... Thanks @dismo

46 minutes ago, dizmo said:

For the next couple hours SlickWraps has 50% off. I'd just buy one to see what it's like, if you like it, keep it.

My buddy just bought three for his phone.

I didn't know about that.

2 hours ago, jwally40 said:

Ok thanks guys, I ended up buying a crazy wolf skin from slickwraps while it was on sale... Thanks @dismo

I didn't know about that.

Let me know how it goes! I've wondered what kind of quality they are.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Dbrands customer service is top notch, I really can't say that about slick wraps... in my anecdotal experience anyways.

also, Slick wraps literally used an adwords campaign for "dbrand" to link to their website.... 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

10 hours ago, Heesleemer said:

Dbrands customer service is top notch, I really can't say that about slick wraps... in my anecdotal experience anyways.

also, Slick wraps literally used an adwords campaign for "dbrand" to link to their website.... 

I disagree. In January, I purchased a dbrand skin for my Razer Blade and ended up accidently ordering the Stealth skin. I contacted dbrand for an exchange and they quickly sent me instructions.   I sent back my skin (at my own expense) and they responded stating that my replacement order was being prepared and shipped.  The next day I get a notification that my skin was shipped to New Zealand ( I live in the US), I respond to them stating I live in the US.  They reply back that they've updated the shipment to my address in the US but they refer to me by someone else’s name. I can only assume they mixed up my order.

Since then, I've tried following up on that email several times hoping to get a status of where my shipment might be since they never sent a tracking number. They haven't responded. I've also tried opening a new ticket and tweeting at them, no response.  I've now contacted them to cancel my order, but also haven't gotten a response to that.  If they don't respond this week, I'll open a dispute with my financial institution.   

If slickwraps still has 50% off, there is no reason to pay double that for a dbrand skin. I'll most likely never order from dbrand again. It's not fun needing customer service and having no way of talking with someone on the phone or chat when they ignore your emails (the phone number my financial institution had for them on my transaction is also not in service). Additionally their entire support staff goes by 'Robot', so no one can be accountable for bad customer service. I know Linus wouldn't accept sponsorship from a bad company, so I'm sure there are instances where things go right.  But paying $55 for some stickers and not getting good customer service is unacceptable in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, tjm0711 said:

I disagree. In January, I purchased a dbrand skin for my Razer Blade and ended up accidently ordering the Stealth skin. I contacted dbrand for an exchange and they quickly sent me instructions.   I sent back my skin (at my own expense) and they responded stating that my replacement order was being prepared and shipped.  The next day I get a notification that my skin was shipped to New Zealand ( I live in the US), I respond to them stating I live in the US.  They reply back that they've updated the shipment to my address in the US but they refer to me by someone else’s name. I can only assume they mixed up my order.

Since then, I've tried following up on that email several times hoping to get a status of where my shipment might be since they never sent a tracking number. They haven't responded. I've also tried opening a new ticket and tweeting at them, no response.  I've now contacted them to cancel my order, but also haven't gotten a response to that.  If they don't respond this week, I'll open a dispute with my financial institution.   

If slickwraps still has 50% off, there is no reason to pay double that for a dbrand skin. I'll most likely never order from dbrand again. It's not fun needing customer service and having no way of talking with someone on the phone or chat when they ignore your emails (the phone number my financial institution had for them on my transaction is also not in service). Additionally their entire support staff goes by 'Robot', so no one can be accountable for bad customer service. I know Linus wouldn't accept sponsorship from a bad company, so I'm sure there are instances where things go right.  But paying $55 for some stickers and not getting good customer service is unacceptable in my opinion. 

this is interesting again my post was purely based on my experience, but wow! 

Silverstone FT-05: 8 Broadwell Xeon (6900k soon), Asus X99 A, Asus GTX 1070, 1tb Samsung 850 pro, NH-D15

Resist!

4 hours ago, Heesleemer said:

this is interesting again my post was purely based on my experience, but wow! 

I did get a refund today from dbrand.  I'm glad slickwraps still has the 50% off sale going and will be ordering a similar skin from them.  I wonder if my post finally got them to respond to me.